Josh McDaniels seems to be a POS

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Revis Flytrap, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Him coming in there and screwing up his team so fast smacks of an insecure douche-bag who felt he had to show how he was boss.
    And now, there are reports about cliques developing on the team--shanny's guys vs mcD's guys.

I look at his picture and he's probably like a Great Santini or something. What a fucking moron and fuck their owner too.

My heart goes out to those fans--something similar but not really that close would be like Rex coming in here and next thing you know, Darrelle is on the block.

How about the FA's they signed this year--do you think they may be a bit preturbed at these developments?

For the record, I hate all AFC teams except the Jets but I really can't stand bullies who fuck things up out of ego. They should be pushed off a cliff. End of rant.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12050978

2. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I wouldn't blame this on McD.. he hasn't done anything any other head coach wouldn't do in his shoes. That situation with Cassel and Cutler probably happens every day in the offseason and was blown way out of proportion. Cutler completely overreacted.. but with all that went on prior to, it was probably the straw that broke the camels back. Bowlen is the one who created the rift and bad blood in the first place.

3. ........

........ Trolls

I'm sorry? Don't put the blame on McD? I seriously doubt the Broncos would give Cassel a thought if it hadn't been for McDaniels. He tried to shortsell a rising star for a one hit wonder out of a system that makes failure near impossible. What other rookie head coach can you think of who did that? Bowlen and McDaniels are both to blame for the situation.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I put the blame on both McDaniels and Cutler. Man, I almost hope that they keep him just to see the fireworks down the line.

5. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I don't blame it all on McD. He has to take some of the blame for this epic fuck-up, but what he did is part of the business. He wanted to know what was going on with the QB from his old team. for all we know his 'push' for Cassel could have been nothing more than an inquiry, like he said it was.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

70-30 Josh-Jay ratio.

You have to go talk to Cutler before you trade him, he can't learn it after the fact. That was the first stone cast.

To be honest, if I'm a 25 year old QB who came off his best and first pro bowl season and found out through a 3rd party that I'm being shopped for some 7th round system QB I'm telling him to go fuck himself too. He's 7 years older than I am and he looks like a frat boy loser who thinks he's hot shit when he isn't the main reason for anything.

I'd do the same that Cutler did, but I'd at least try to look more mature and completely throw the Broncos under the bus.

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Cutler asked for a trade when Shanny left. Then he asked again when the OC was let go. So the Broncos, doing what ALL teams do, look into possibilities that make sense for them. Cutler gets pissed about it, fine! But he needed to get over it!

Now, after not answering texts and calls from his HC and Owner for 10 days, he can't believe they are gonna trade him.

I think that McD realized what a wingnut he had at QB, and knew the guy was gonna do his own thing and not buy into the system.

I think the Boncos made out well today. They are a team with many holes, and those picks will help to fill them. And Orton will do fine in the short term running McDaniels offense. He's as good as Cassel.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yes, you call up Cutler and tell him your considering trading him. That will make him feel better.

The Broncos did just what every team does. They look at all their options. Cutler was discussed in a trade. Join the club!

Bus Cook has been in the middle of QB hassles 3 years in a row now (MacNair, then Favre last year). It's his SOP. I bet he thought he'd get the Broncos to beg forgiveness and maybe... renegotiate that rookie contract... I think both he and Cutler were surprised that the Broncos would have none of the foolishness.

McD comes from the Parcells Belichik tree... get with the program or get lost!

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I'm not sure too many head coaches would take a job with an established Pro Bowl QB and seek to trade him. having a Pro Bowl QB is reason to take a job, and more experienced coaches would know that.

10. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

"Expecting a 25yo to be the bigger man in this situation is a misunderstanding of the human dynamic involved", a Denver sports writer.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

if McD doesn't win this year....he'll be lynched in the town square.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

no you sit with him and tell him that... every coach and GM sits with the above average players when an action is going to be taken. Teams have done it that way for decades. This isn't my opinion, this is what NFL FOs do.

13. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Please, if Gms and coaches called a player every time he was mentioned in trade talks they'd spend all their time on the phone with them, the nature of the business is that noone is untouchable if the offer is right. And for Jay Cutler to think he's untouchable is absurd, he puts up good numbers, but he isn't an elite Qb in this league, he killed the broncos down the stretch last year. the last 3 weeks when all they needed was one win he fell apart against CAr, BUF and SD. He throws a ton of picks and doesn't fit the system McDAniels plans to implement. To be honest I think the Broncos did great to get 2 firsts and Orton for him

14. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

McDaniels seems to be another arrogant Belichick clone wannabe. I hear he is a sreeamer on the sidelines. F-him.

15. They've already had way too much negative turnover and that defense needs way too much work for them to be successful this year.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yep...that's why that trainwreck will be fun to watch this season.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

then why do you see it done on Hard Knocks when players are cut and why did Jerry Jones sit and talk with TO when he was being released.

Why did every former player analyst talk about sitting down with Cutler before the trade rumors got back to him.

don't let facts get in the way.

and where in my post did I even mention what Cutler did this season?

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

These players were told after the fact! I'm sure Jones didn't call up TO at the end of the season and say I'm thinking of cutting you! He called hime up WHEN he cut him.

Why get Cutler, who is obviously too thin skinned for his own good, and get him fired up BEFORE they even have a deal to trade him?

In the end, the Broncos did better than they would have if they'd gotten Cassel. They were going to have give NE their 1st rounder, and were gonna get a 1st and 3rd from the Bucs for Cutler.

Instead they got 2 1sts, a 3rd, and a QB who can probably run McD's offense as well as Cassel.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yes, he sat down and said "we are going to release you."

he didn't cut him and then tell him "hey get the fuck out" or he didn't find out through an agent or a 3rd party.

my point is that Denver should have sat and said, "we are going to look for an trade option, but if nothing comes up you are my guy"

20. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

McDaniels is a cross eyed moron. His look-alike is the friggin Flatworm.

[​IMG]
    =
    [​IMG]