Josh Allen's Pro Day....for the haters and supporters

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rickjet, Mar 23, 2018.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You bring up an interesting point towards the end.....have you ( or anybody else here ) seen or heard anything about Allen’s “ white board “ skills? I don’t think I have ....I know he has a great arm ...

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I have.
    At the Combine they showed every QB at the white board and Allen shined.
    He as received plenty of praise since for his intelligence.
    Really don't know why I'm defending him though because I really would like to draft the other Josh.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It’s really going to come down to whether the Giants trade out or not ......my gut tells me if Denver , Buffalo, or AZ trade up it’s for Allen. If the Giants stay put it’s for a non-QB. It could be the Jets have their choice of Rosen or Allen.....but may be “forced” into Rosen . I don’t see Mayfield as one of their preferred choices ...

#63 mrjet80, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not an Allen fan but if you really put all of these measurables together, you can't find a really close comparison unless you look lower in the draft and sacrifice speed and throwing power.

His physical ability is what has him this high. You know who his physical ability reminds me of most?

Matt Jones.

That guy ended up being a bust receiver for Jax.

I still think Allan could turn into a game breaker QB, but looking at him, it's impossible to tell probably for most teams, much less fans on a message board.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

dude why do you even bother arguing with that retard?

6. abyzmul

He's a pinata. Maybe candy will fall out soon.

slimjasi likes this.
  7. jonnyd

yea but it would be all circus peanuts

8. abyzmul

I don't want to go off on a tangent, but boiled nuts have an aftertaste that reminds me of smelling salad shitz in the stinkroom.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't recall that. Hack went on Gruden's QB camp and Gruden loved him. Said he should be a first round pick.

10. jonnyd

they l0ve those boiled peanuts in the south

11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Gruden is terrible at talent evaluation. Always has been. He praised every prospect he had on his show. Meanwhile he was on Hacks ass for being so slow while at the white board, continually telling him he has to go faster. That and questioning his confidence and fundamentals.

FJF likes this.
  12. abyzmul

Fucking Gruden spent a decade interviewing for jobs on the air and the only one he could really get was with the retard Raiders and their bowl cut dumbass owner right after they committed to Vegas.

Classic.

TonyFtLaud and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Wasn't Matt Jones drafted as a WR and ran a 4.40 or something?

14. abyzmul

Yes, and he probably jumped out of a pool on YouTube.

ConcordeChops likes this.
  15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That's Hackenbergesques right there. Yeah if is the pick the Jets will be right back in the FQB game. But the good news is Macc and Bowles will be jettison very soon.

16. boozer32

Says the guy with the actual driink in his profile picture lol. Yeah I've search alot and i haven't seen anyone praised his mental make up. Doesn't mean you haven't but if you did please post that link. Just one caveat if its from Mike Maccagnan or Bowles don't post that.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. boozer32

Has McCown ever been successful. How can someone that has sucked his whole career tell me how to be better. McCown need some inner reflection first.

#77 boozer32, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  18. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I know you are excited and I don't want to burst your bubble, but there is a chance the QB the Jets get may be a bust. Who knows maybe all these QBs will be a bust, there are no guarantees here. But I do think Mack made the right decision moving up in the draft.

I am not sure why Allen is so disliked. He has a cannon of an arm. Being able to hit the goal post 50 yards away on his knees was impressive. He needs to develop more accuracy in his throws. No accuracy equals lousy NFL career. He does remind me a little of Favre and Elway in his ability to throw in the run. He will probably have the best arm in the NFL when he enters. So he maybe the franchise QB after all.

I think the best NFL ready QB is the other Josh named Rosen. Maybe I am wrong and he is a spoiled white kid who might end up being the next Jay Cutler. His injury tolerance is also a concern. But given the fact that he is the most accurate thrower with a decent arm, probably the most intelligent, and will pick up a new offense quicker than most, why not him?

I think Darnold will be selected by Cleveland and Rosen will be selected by the Giants. Choosing between Mayfield and Allen will be difficult and may be a toss up for the Jets. However if Rosen does fall to the Jets, I think it is a no brainer.

#78 Patriot, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Maybe the cork in his ear was loose and they could see his brain leaking out. Mark my words, whoever drafts Rosen will be very sorry when he gets knocked out early in his "career" from a concussion.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This is just tough going ..monumental decision coming up

All things being equal.."ya gotta have luck"..by equal I mean that EACH one of these kids has SOME DRAWBACK. The discussions on TGG are really all about how BAD it is to prevent NFL success eg too short , throws interception/fumbles, no football IQ, concussion prone, not accurate etc.

My Solution:

With a strong O Line we stand a better chance of protecting J Rosen ...without THAT the pick is Pretty risky. OTOH .give this kid a kudo since he is ALREADY well off and wants to show he can graduate from the most sought after college player since age 18 but man up to NFL..( get him a special helmet too)

Josh Allen won't worry about getting hurt and I saw SOME touch on the ball at the Senior Bowl versus gunning it every throw..he ISNT Hackenberg ..know plenty of folks from PA who HATED him at PSU where he basically sucked...at least Allen has a winning record and appears more talented..is he ready to play NOW ?? Not sure at all

Darnold is really an afterthought since some one will take ahead of us..if WE get him ..will he Sanchez out on us ??
    Prob not imo..played much longer at USC than Nacho

Mayfield is a WINNER .with his ATTITUDE....but no one sees that because we focus on the PHYSICAL aspects ..Mentally he is the toughest of the whole group..walks on to be a starter and they hand him Heisman..can HE survive in NFL??? ..I think he can PROVE the doubters wrong..kids been doing it his whole life

So there's my rationale...no matter how the chips fall in a month from now

Catfish Billy likes this.