Josh Allen!!!!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BuffaloPhysco, Apr 28, 2018.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I thought Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield showed some good stuff last night. Also showed why I wanted Darnold over each of them though too. Now I need Darnold to back up my high praise tonight! :)

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

One thing about Josh Allen. He's no stiff of a Christian Hackenberg. He's actually very mobile for his size and can really run North & South.

His arm strength is as advertised too. Rocket. Absolute cannon of one. One of the strongest deep ball arms I've literally ever seen. His Hail-Mary end of half/end of game ability is going to be Aaron Rodgers esque.

I still wouldn't want to touch him with a 10 foot pole but nonetheless kid has a crazy arm.

3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Allen and Baker both looked 100% the way I expected them to. Hopefully Darnold does as well.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  4. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Josh Allen looks ridiculous. Ive never seen someone throw the ball like him.

I think hes going to be a good player.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Josh Allen may be, who we thought he was.

He has a cannon of an arm but with little to no accuracy.

He's tall in the pocket but does not have pocket presence.

He's got some mobility but he runs backwards from the pass rush with no feel for the pocket.

Yes. His over throws, after over throws, after over-throws etc while overthrowing his WR's sure may look nice coming off the arm as deep ball incompletions, but at the end of the day he walked off the field with a completion percentage of only 47.3%

47.3%? That's almost Wyoming type bad.

He's not a stiff like Hackenberg (due to mobility) but after struggling to barely complete anything over 50% of passes while up against lower level competition while @ Wyoming I've always found it difficult and hard to believe that he'll be able to become accurate on an NFL level when up against elite, skilled and more importantly intelligent defensive players.

I'm so thankful that he's Buffalo's problem moving forward. After Hackenberg I'm thankful we've got Sam Darnold.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

There have been guys in the league now who throw the ball similar to Allen. Jeff George. Jay Cutler. Kyle Boller. Jamarcus Russell

He has a terrible football IQ. And naturally bad accuracy. He's a big project and should sit out the year

He's going to be absolutely maddening. Not a disaster like Hackenberg but he'll have a lot of those 10/23 120 yards 1 brilliant TD pass 3int type games.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jalen Ramsey:

[​IMG]

So far, everyone has been bashing this guy. Hopefully it holds true.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ Except legler82 who has him in the HoF

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Well, that’s just nitpicking, isn’t it?

Imagesrdecieving and donkey like this.
  10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Josh Allen is trash. Anyone that had him slotted as a 1st rounder has to seriously rethink their scouting ability. A big arm doesn’t mean shit if you lack everything else.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Call Josh Allen whatever you want but Jalen Ramsey is a low life scumbag. Crowing about yourself till the cows come home is one thing but to flat out trash other players let alone a kid who hasn't even played a down in the NFL is bullshit.....and "I don't care what nobody say."

This just in (in a separate case): Jaguars suspend Jalen Ramsey after he threatens 'war' on reporters:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tens-war-on-reporters/?utm_term=.33c69a04d2d5

Nov. 25: Jax AT Buffalo. AFC-East Bills lose to Jax despite Allen torching Ramsey for 3 scores would work..

#71 joe, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Guy hasn't played one regular season game yet so its a little to early to say if he will be trash or franchise QB. Same could be said for Darnold, Mayfield, and Rosen as well. Ramsey is POS for calling out any player. Show some class.

13. 101GangGreen101

You don't mean that. But he's not Sherman level arrogant just yet.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Absolutely, and why not? . Division foe Buffalo gets the "L" while Ramsey gets his lunch handed to him. . . win-win the way i sees it

15. 101GangGreen101

Ah I was messin around (slightly), but I would like to see the Bills get their lone win of the year against Jacksonville. Jets might need it come playoff time.

I like Ramsey though

16. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Not in Buffalo.

Just big armed 4 time SB losers

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I would have washed my nuts beforehand if I knew it would be in your mouth. How do they taste? Not too salty I hope. Next time @ me.

18. legler82

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Appreciate the fantasy you are projecting here, flattered really.

Very similar to your quarterback evaluation which is a shame.

@legler82 happy?

20. legler82

The only fantasy is you posting out of no where that I believe Allen to be a future HoFer. You find the post(s) where I wrote anything remotely close to that and I will cease to post to TGG forever. I’m the one that should be flattered that I’m in your thoughts so much that you feel to fabricate things just to bring my name up. Conversely, I have no idea of who you are or what your positions are nor do I care. All I know is that you are some clown poster making shit up about me. If that’s not the internet equivalent of being on my nut sack I don’t know what is. Furthermore, your comment about my QB evaluation skills is as laughable and imaginative as your Allen to the HoF post. FYI you really didn’t need to bring my name up and make up stories in order to gain acceptance from the rest of the box score scout lemmings who believe Allen is trash, they are very welcoming. Don’t worry they’ll love you.