Jordan Jenkins will be back with the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 23, 2020.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

perhaps a better example is needed. the Knicks didn't win shit with those role players

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

They went to the Finals in 99 with those role players. Unless that’s just a matter of opinion too...

Footballgod214 likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

ah so they lost, cool. I remember, I was alive. I wasn't 14

4. BroadwayAaron

And here you are proving my point that everything needs to be a homerun or a massive failure. Man I can’t believe how much of a failure the Niners are.

5. BrowningNagle

dude you are the one who PMSes every time there is a signing lol. stop projecting your emotions onto others

6. BroadwayAaron

Yes the guy who is trying to explain that not every signing needs to be a homerun PMS’s after every signing. Meanwhile the guy who thinks “sacks allowed,” despite being in the official NFL stat book, is an opinion is trying to lecture people on football.

7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The down time is real. In retrospect I should have known these circumstances would have turned this board into a bunch of frustrated Jets fans with too much time on their hands. I guess the NFL was wise to keep FA when nothing was happening, I’m sure message boards across the internet and twitter are probably doing this.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

If you haven’t seen the origins of the “sacks allowed is Connor Hughes opinion” story I suggest checking it out. It’s a doozy. Good quarantine reading.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

In '18 Jenkins saw the big $s handed out to linemen with numbers similar to his, and felt frustrated he had to return for '19 under same contract.

He really thought '20 would be his big payday. Didn't work out. The demand wasn't what he thought it would be.

Jenkins is returning on a 1yr deal, betting on himself.

He still has high hopes for the big payday.

mrjet80 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

So the Jets are supposed to go into the season with no OLB or just one in Clowney? I like Bart Scott, but the man can make some incredibly stupid comments at times. This was one of them. Clearly, Jenkins is not in the Jets' long-term plans or his future with the team is questionable at best. He's a stop-gap for a season or two until the Jets can adequately address the situation in the draft. Even if the Jets signed Clowney, they'd still need another starter on the other side of the field.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That phenomenon is "all or nothing" thinking. I see it here on a daily basis. It's nuts, but that's how many people think. There's no middle ground. I don't know why you're so surprised.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well then I guess it's safe to say as a Jets fan that you've never watched a single N.E/Bill Belichick football game before.

#132 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I’m very happy with what Douglas has done so far, having a mix of good role players and great ones is the cornerstone of any good team. He has also not allowed the team to have more holes to fill with these signings.

He can go into the draft now and select the WR or OL that will fill the hole with the type of skilled player that can change the outcome of the game.

Jordan Jenkins is a blue collar football player and will help this team to maintain a good level of performance from the defense which under Greg Williams did very well despite the fact that they were on the field for so long because of the terrible offense the jets had.

14. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

If I have any complaint about the way JD has handled this FA period it is that there are too many signings of this nature.

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Well we better get used to it, it’s the same way Ozzie did things in Baltimore. Only the game changing type of players get long term contracts with the Ravens.

We will see Adams, Darnold, get long term contracts, other than that, Joe is not going to act as a jet fan would.

if Joe was our GM last year I bet Jets don’t sign Bell as a RB for that much money.

It’s probably why we have not seen Anderson signed yet, he’s a number 2 receiver and Joe is probably not going to give him more than 10 million a year.

#135 Red Menace, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Don’t be surprised if he is signed to an extension during the season especially if he continues his upswing ....

Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

You don’t watch much Clowney.

18. PJ4Ever

Holy shit you know nothing about football.

19. PJ4Ever

Love this signing but Clowney is a stud. Hilarious that dude said he’s bad against the run too - it’s the strength of this game - might be best edge run defender in the league lol. Also if you watched him last year he was consistently pressuring the qb as the teams only pass rushing threat.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Clowney like the Leonard Williams of pass rushers. Gets tons of pressures but can't finish plays. That said, would easily sign him over Jenkins ... Jenkins has gotten better each season.

Red Menace and FJF like this.