Jordan Jenkins will be back with the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Lot of guys are returning, if Gase was an issue, you’d probably see less of the guys return.

Aero and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

1. Yeah, 85 days to be precise - it's in the tweet. And I'm not impressed simply because a guy chooses employment over unemployment.

2. Nope, never saw any burning desire from Gase. Saw him sitting by himself on the sidelines looking at his charts. He's supposed to be leading, not moping. I didn't see a lot of pretty losses by the Jets in 2019.

3. Excuse, excuses, excuses. Especially when you talk about no offensive line when the coach we're talking about never had the line play together in the pre-season. I guess it wasn't important to him. How do you not understand that it is the job of the head coach to make things work, not throw in the towel?

BTW, you don't know shit about me or what I did in college or high school, as if it matters; that could be the stupidest thing you've ever posted here.

3. Ralebird

Completely over your head. No surprise.

Have you never heard of not burning bridges?

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Lol man these guys who hate everything positive jets related are tools. I rather die a homer then a miserable fan. I'll quit watching sports the moment I questioned a player high praising a coach. I'll never put myself through another season with that thought process.

Basically this Jets fan can't like any players or coaches because he's quote unquote never "met them" in real life and basically calling a young Jenkins kid, a liar. And assuming he has low confidence because only a low confidence LB wouldn't throw his losing coach under the bus right before free agency out of "fear" that no other Franchise would pay for 15.0 sacks over the past two years while out producing a lot of 1sr rounders such as former teammate. Tools.

And this is why I rather write 10 paragraphs about Robby Anderson and how the AFC East is wide open and TOM BRADYLESS rather than having to post about my Jets with stupid crap like this.

5. Ralebird

Because they would prefer unemployment?

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Wish I shared your optimism. Still looks like a 5-11/6-10 roster to me at this juncture.

BrowningNagle and Ralebird like this.
  7. Ralebird

See all that red stuff up above? That's all stuff you made up. And it's all stuff that you got wrong.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

1.) You never seen it? Well lol @ you because YOU were not inside the locker room, practice fields and inside the facility with Gase, now were you? Nope. You weren't and P.S the world doesn't revolve around... You. Or what "you seen" despite never being behind the scenes (like Jenkins has).

2.) OMG. Wow. The camera men show only about 3-5 mins of coaches on sidekines per game. And you seen him "moping on the sidelines all by himself"? Funny. Because I don't think I've ever seen Bill Belichick laugh or smile or even look happy during 20 years in N.E and have seen him all by himself looking like angry Bill for much longer than your eyes could ever spend "watching Gase on the sidelines".

3.) Don't you ever blame Gase for our O-Line. Go and blame Maccagnan. Drafting D-Lineman and ignoring O-Lineman for multiple years is why Maccagnan was fired and on his way out while Gase was on his way in. Gase did make things work. Immediately. Got rid of the offensive line problem; Maccagnan himself. And brought us Joe Douglas; a former O-Lineman himself. HELLO.

And how did he choose employment over unemployment? Jenkins in his prime never had to worry about "unemployment" as former 3rd rounders who've out performed 1st rounders during their 1st contract while coming off of 15.0 sacks while setting the edge against strong offensive lineman over the past two years never, ever happen to worry about "unemployment" especially while having no off the field problems. Jenkins was GUARANTEED an NFL job regardless of what he said about Gase before bolting for free agency; ya big genius you.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Year #2 under both Gase and Gregg Williams and Darnold heading into a 3rd year shouldn't be overlooked.

And if we draft a Jeudy/Lamb @ 11 and draft 2-3 O-Lineman first 3 rounds then we'll look a lot better on paper.

C.J Mosley & Avery Williamson will mean a lot too.

And Le'Veon Bell returning for year #2 behind a soon to be improved O-Line will mean a lot too.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. Ralebird

1. Never seen it? No. Never SAW it either. I did see him distance himself from his team during games; something I've never seen another NFL coach do.

2. I suppose you didn't see it discussed here either or see the pictures of Gase isolating himself from his coaches and players. A real Lombardi, that guy!

3. I laugh every time you invoke the ghost of MacCagnan and relieve Gase of his coaching duties. You play the cards you are dealt!

I never considered myself a genius, but after this dialogue with you I'm willing to reconsider; thank you very much.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

jenkins would have signed to another team if the Jets didn’t want him back.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

You never noticed a coach all by himself on the sidelines? Hm. Funny. You must not watch too much football.

You're either a liar or the only Jets fan who has never (once) watched a N.E Patriots game over the previous 20 years...

So, which one is it?

Are you a liar who says just anything to prove a petty point over the internet?

Or...

Are you admitting as a Jets fan to have never (not even once) watched a N.E Patriots game... Over the past TWENTY YEARS (20)... All while the hoodie roamed the sidelines and all alone too ala something you've "never seen another coach do"?

#112 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  13. Ralebird

Not that I need to justify my responses to you but I've seen plenty of teams in plenty of games and I have never seen the isolationism that I saw with Gase this year. I'm not the only one or it would not have been blasted all over the papers and other media. Belichick doesn't say much through most of the game but he is often seen huddled with his players on the sidelines at crucial points in the game.

And no, I have never seen another head coach go sit by himself on the bench during an NFL game.

You've proven your communications skills are limited but try to be adult enough to address the subject rather than calling people liars.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He's got very "broad and lengthy work experience". He knows exactly what's going on

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

FWIW , Jenkins’ father was in twitter telling jet fans he was leaving. I think there is some truth to what Hughes is saying.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Jenkins has been a Jet for four years, 60 games. Do you remember 1 big play he's made? I can name like 4 from Clowney just last year and it was supposedly a 'down' year for Clowney

--

Bart Scott said it best regarding Jenkins:

"I don’t know about Jordan Jenkins. I appreciate what he’s done but come on man those sacks were atta boy. Those weren’t meaningful sacks, they were coverage sacks. If you rush the passer 500 times a couple of those are going to be layups and he got a couple of those."

"The Jets can’t afford to use some of that equity on a player that we already know what his ceiling is.”

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/26/new-york-jets-bart-scott-rips-jordan-jenkins/

jilozzo likes this.
  17. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Happy he's back. Not the best but very solid and will help. As free agency usually slows now it'll be interesting to see what players decide where to go. With the likelihood of of no OTA's, and other things it wouldn't surprise me to see one of two things:

1. Many free agents return to their current franchise on a one year deal like Jenkins for continuity and be a free agent next year.

2. Players like Robby Anderson, Clowney, Perriman, Winston to name a few sign a one year prove it deal or two year with options so they can be free agents again but go somewhere where they can play on a good team and show their worth.

Be interesting to see how this plays out. Weird time. Hope everyone is doing well.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean no one said he's a stud of an edge rusher because he's not. But he's a good player. Clowney doesn't add a ton more in terms of pass rushing. He's an elite run defender (which Jenkins is not) and makes a ton of stops in the backfield.

But we don't really need to bolster the run defense. If we're spending big money it should be a guy who can consistently sack the quarterback and apply pressure. Not an elite run stopper.

MoWilkBeast and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you are wrong about Clowney. its so freakin frustrating the Jets are gonna let him go somewhere else. 6-10 is coming but we "don't really need" Clowney

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why every signing either needs to be a massive homerun or a complete fail. Reminds me of being 14 years old and not understanding why the Knicks wouldn’t just sign Chris Webber and kept signing good role players that provided depth and productivity in certain areas of the game. I guess some of us are still 14 at heart.