Jordan Jenkins will be back with the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 23, 2020.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That would be a lousy selling point to these diva players. One injury and it could all be over for them.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Bill Belichick: Tom Brady, please report to Mr. Robert Kraft's office please.

Tom Brady: Why?

Bill Belichick:I gave him an idea.

Tom Brady: Hello Mr. Kraft. You wanted to speak to me?

Robert Kraft: Bill gave me a genius idea. We can pay you what you want. But report to the NFL for much less. You'll look like the American golden boy who wants to win more than he wants to get money. We will simply report to and tell the NFL that you agreed to take less @ $15M per season, instead of what you're demanding which is $22M per season. Don't worry about the remaining $7Million, Tom. Just come to my house at night @ 2:30 A.M. The world will never know. And I'll have your $7Million in cash (much harder to track cash).

Aaaannnddd Boozer; I truly believe that is the way and/or how Tom Brady has been taking much less and helping N.E' salary cap but somehow some way still getting his money from Kraft without the NFL knowing or just not caring. Just a weird feeling that I've always had about those 3 men Belichick/Brady/Kraft and their cheating ways when i read reports of him agreeing to take less always looking for advantages everywhere even in trees with camera men. What has been said between those 3 men for 20 years will never leave those office walls. Even if they all begin to hate one another; they aren't ever telling on themselves. They are zip tight verbally and never say too much. They barely speak at all. And for a reason too.

#82 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How did you get there? Is one guy resigning proof of anything? Especially on defense? Gase may not even know who he is.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Footballgod214 and Falco21 like this.
  5. Ralebird

Sounds good but...do you believe "A lot of coaches would've thrown in the towel and just went out there... ?"

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

His words not mine bud.

7. Ralebird

No shit. What about the question I asked you?

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Funny.

I remember i got SLAMMED around here after week 17 when I gave Gase credit and praise and talked about our 6-2 finish (best behind only Baltimore) and how @ 1-7 the team did not quit under Gase and continued to compete and fight hard despite mono and a 1-7 disaster start. But all Gase did was continue to go to work and his players responded under him. And turned around a 1-7 start to a 6-2 finish. And was pretty much, laughed at.

But now i see players. Real football players. Who play for the Jets. Just signed a contract to come back to the Jets. Come out and give credit and respect to his young head coach? Hm.

I think I'll believe Jordan Jenkins. And give credit to Gase (once again) for not folding, cracking, quitting or keeping his head down after a 1-7 start before finishing 6-2.

Footballgod214 and Mogriffjr like this.
  9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

How the fuck should I know I've never played for a pro football team, have you?

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm sure that Jordan Jenkins has not only played for and been around but has also observed more coaches starting from little league pop football coaches/parents, H.S football coaches, NCAA football coaches and more NFL coaches than... You. And I'm pretty sure he's been more alert over coaches quitting on their own players more than... Well... You again.

So your question that you asked him? It's a blank question. It's meaningless and pointless. You only asked him because you probably do not like Adam Gase yourself and the only reason why you asked him that "question" is because I can (already) tell that you did not like Jordan Jenkins praise for his young head coach who he just signed a contract for and agreed to let Gase become his coach once again. Must not hate him like... Jet fans ahhha.

Face it. You didn't like Jordan Jenkins remarks while COMPLEMENTING his head coach, Adam Gase.

For a matter of fact, you didn't even mention what Jenkins was talking about. You simply... Questioned it. Pretty weird to me.

11. Ralebird

The quote from Jenkins was three months ago, it didn't just happen. Do you believe him when he says that most NFL coaches would have just thrown in the towel?

And as long as we're talking about Gase, how is it that he is so responsible for the 6 -2 finish but gets a pass on the 1 - 7 start?

12. Ralebird

Uh, no, I haven't.

On the chance that you may have ever had any job at all, do you think that any manager of any business will get to keep his job if he quits in the face of adversity?

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You're right. Dumb take by Jenkins, guys an idiot.

14. Ralebird

I really don't give a rat's ass about Jenkins' remarks; there's very little substance there. That is highlighted by a genuine Captain Obvious comment. A handful of words without any context is virtually meaningless. You may believe there is some kind of significance in the dedication of kid football coaches when talking about NFL coaches but I do not.

For the record, I neither like nor dislike Adam Gase: I've never met the guy. There was no need to mention what Jenkins was talking about, the Tweet is on the same page. And Jenkins was complimenting, not complementing his coach, there's a significant difference that you should know about because only a day ago you were telling us all how literate you are.

15. Ralebird

No. He would be an idiot if he said anything disparaging about his boss.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Or what? He became a free agent like a week later.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

1.) 3 months ago? Even better. Just means that Jenkins had 3 months to ponder on his statement and feelings regarding Gase, and 3 months later decided he still wanted to come back to NYJ & under Gase.

2.) Were you inside the locker room or on the practice field? Did you see the burning hunger, desire and/or despiraton to win from Gase while his players got to see and witness after their 1-7 start? No.You didn't. And have you ever been within a 1-7 locker room? No, you haven't do please don't even question the way Jenkins feels about his head coach after a 1-7 start. A question for you. You don't think quitting happens within a 1-7 locker room? You don't think cancer spreads in a 1-7 locker room? Now I already know you've never even ever played so much as high school football because everyone knows that in 1-7 locker rooms there can be multiple players who quit on coaches and coaches who quit on players. There is whole lot of quitting happening throughout losing teams locker rooms who lose lousy which is one of the reasons why they're lousy losing teams, who lose lousy.

3.) Kind of hard to win without a starting QB because of mono (not even Bill Belly could win after 6 years of no QB) and there's (for a 1st year HC arriving) a huge gigantic difference between the first 8 games starting a season compared to the next 8 games ending the season and the biggest difference is chemestry and evaluation and if you do not understand something as simple as that concept then me and you, I can not talk football with you. That's a really basic and questionable questions man. Who wouldn't get a pass under those first 8 games lol. QB out and sick with mono. First 8 games. No O-Line (for multiple years running trash offensive lineman). CJ Mosley star defender out for season. No Mosley. Injuries to on-line and defense galore etc.

And Gase getting a "free pass" after 1-7 start? A free pass?!? You guys had Pitchforks out for Gase and I was disliking him too. But a billboard to fire him? A free pass? Hah!

#97 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  18. Ralebird

I guess I erred when I assumed you have ever had a job. As someone with a very broad and lengthy work experience, I understand that one does not do himself any favors by publicly making detrimental statements about one's boss especially if you don't know if you'll ever be working for him again.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Damn. Like whoa. Now I've seen it all.

Jenkins did not compliment Gase there? Yea. Right. O.k.

"He never faltered, not one bit. I respect him so much for that".

He just complimented him for not faltering; followed by acknowledging that he respects his coach so much for not faltering; not even one bit. That's not only a "compliment"... It's high praise. And high praise is better than just a compliment.

But the biggest compliment was Jenkins coming back 3 months later after praising his head coach 3 months prior.

And 3 months ago he could've slammed Gase under the bus and then simply entered FA looking for a new head coach and new team all in. But instead he returned to Gase 3 months after complimenting and praising him with respect. Sorry, must not fit your agenda.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

So he pumped Gase's tires in the event he couldn't secure work with any of the 31 other teams and had to return to work for a guy he dislikes. Gotta play it safe I guess.