Jones vs. Mingo.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by laxin, Apr 23, 2013.

?

Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo?

Poll closed May 3, 2013.
  1. Jones

89 vote(s)
    74.2%
  2. Mingo

31 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. laxin

laxin Active Member

He's pretty damn lean. Looks like he could actually use some fat. Mingo looks like he played at a weight of 230. If he can bulk up to 250, I think he could withstand the toll of the trenches.

I agree with this. If he can add functional strength with his weight, I would be much more encouraged. His lack of overall strength is what scares me the most. Its something that can be fixed with NFL training and staff, but whats hard is for it to show up on Sundays. If we drafted him, I would have hope, but its definitely not given (his ability to add strength and weight).

2. louissockalexis

louissockalexis New Member

You are using reverse logic. Maybe there is a reason why no one in the NFL plays the Jimmy Johnson 4-3; because it is an idiotic system that calls for someone too small to play LE. Ever think of that?

3. Jonky

Jonky Banned

How many more facts can you make up? Mike Vrabel is OSU single season (13) and career (36) sack leader. Gholston didn't even set the single game record. So you are either full of shit or as completely ignorant as you claim you are!

Www.Buckeyefansonly.com/records.html

#103 Jonky, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Wow, that wasn't very nice, especially considering you're wrong. Gholston broke Vrabels record in 2007.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I thought the "F" in NFL stood for football. The only time Mingo outperformed Jones was when they were NOT playing football. This is not like the Joekel/Fisher debate. They went against the same level of competition in the SEC. One produced while the other did not. It's a much easier comparison.

6. legler82

That's what good pass rushers do; they close the deal. After years of watching our LBs and DEs being unable to get sacks under any circumstances, wouldn't you want a guy who you know at the very least can get there when the opportunity presents itself.

7. legler82

What bothered me is that it was clear that he did not prepare for his pro day.

8. legler82

He also has a couple of inches on Jones so 5 pounds lighter is a bigger difference than it looks. I can't help but to get the Maybin vibe from Mingo.

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Where is the Neither option?

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Trust me, I get it too, but if Rex loves Mingo I will have faith in the pick. Mingo is a clean slate for Rex to work with, with unlimited upside. He's not my ideal pick by any means, I could probably think of 7 realistic players I would rather take. But then again, not many of these passrushers are my ideal choices (other than Jordan) because they all have flaws.

11. Jonky

Jonky Banned

So the OSU website link I provided is wrong? Ohio St doesn't know who their own record holders are?
    I can only go by what is listed on their websites.
    I have no issues admitting I'm wrong when proof is provided. I just ask you not to use a site that anyone can access and change the content like Wiki.

BTW I have a habit of responding in kind. Someone is polite to me, I am polite back. Someone is insulting, I insult back. If you're going to call someone on their insults, please be consistant.

#111 Jonky, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  12. Jonky

Jonky Banned

Do you have a link or evidence to your claim that 'Rex loves Mingo?'

13. Cmart24

Cmart24 New Member

No, good pass rushers can beat an offensive linemen and create a sack. An opportunistic defense is what creates sacks off of breakdowns. His sacks come when someone else screws up or someone else forces the QB to escape the pocket and he eventually gets there 5 seconds later.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Please. Don't go around claiming people are making things up and calling them ignorant when you don't know what you're talking about and just use the first result from google as gospel when looking for information. FTR, while wikipedia can be modified it is also monitored and is likely to be far more accurate than some fan site that isn't well maintained. Inaccurate user modifications are generally fixed very quickly (within hours or a day).

I am not doing your research for you. The facts are easy to find on legit websites if you care to look.