Johnson Brothers are Alienating the Fanbase

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 2, 2018.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

But most of our fan base likes to feel sorry for themselves as in the Joe Beningo's of the world and whine like whimps that they are. And the media, oooyy, the media with there anti Gase agenda its so easy for them. Plus the Johnson hate and the icing on the cake is our beat writers, specifically Manish, were lied to and missed the biggest Jet story in years, so there's that also. Bottom mother fucking line is we got the 2 best free agents on the market, the best player in the draft with the third pick, a top young QB, an offensive minded coach and rid ourselves of a Gm that could only manage to draft first round picks. What a great time to be a Jet fan. Now lets get it right with the next GM and its time to dominate for the next 7-10 years.

2. M00ndawg

M00ndawg Member

Bring back the TUNA!...TUNA! TUNA! TUNA! TUNA!

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Calm down, Dog...:cool:

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Unlike the stellar Leon Hess era.
    Woody has been middle of the pack as far as wins and slightly above in playoff wins since he’s bought the team.

NCJetsfan and CBG like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hess sucked too, no doubt.

the term "alienating the fanbase" has more to do than wins and losses but since you brought it up - - the Jets have won only 1 division title in Johnson's 19 years as owner. (even the brown family in Cinci, who I believe are the worst owners in football have won 4 division titles in that stretch)

you alienate the fanbase by sticking regular fans with PSLs (check), decades of mediocrity (check), driving up prices to phase out the longtime fan (check) and being cheap/obsolete when it comes to building a football operations office (check)

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay,,,,,,that still aint sayin much, now is it ?

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You need a Conversation with Hackenberg ( if he isn't still banned) and his conspiracy theories to add some punch to this

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Someone posted that the Jets had spoken with several teams over the last few weeks that had interest in Lee and was offered a 6th round pick, but that Mac wouldn't pull the trigger on the deal because he was holding out for a 5th round pick. If that is true then with Mac gone, either the Chiefs picked up the phone and called Gase or he picked up the phone and called them. Who called whom doesn't matter. What is obvious is that the Jets didn't think nearly as highly of Lee and his coverage abilities as posters here do, and that Lee was not in the Jets plans for the future. Gase and the Jets may have even been on the fence about what to do with Lee, but when Lee tweeted laughing at Mac getting fired, that may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, or Gase and Williams may have seen it as the opportunity to send a message to the rest of the team that that kind of attitude and immaturity will not be tolerated or accepted here. I think it was the best move for both Lee and the team to go ahead and trade him and get something for him. The Jets are trying to change their culture, and Lee's attitude doesn't fit with the new culture they're trying to establish.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on!

How is that any different than what Leon Hess did? We should all be used to it by now. The Jets' owner has been alienating the fan base for 50 years or close to it.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for explaining..my sentiments exactly

I am tempted to see my ignored content to determine who you were responding to..but does it really matter??:p

There is flexibility in life..people (not just women) can change their mind. Why is it that our generation (age 60 plus) can get this and nobody else.? smh

If we win 9, 10 or 16 games we all should be exuberant! hahah

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

exactly right.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. FJF

The division title Is more a result of being in the same division of as Brady than anything that woody has done. I mean Rex went 11-5 and still settled for a wild card.
    As to the rest, every nfl team is alienating its fan base.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the Brady excuse is a weak one. I just compared the Jets to the Bengals. They had to deal with hall of famer Ben Roethlisberger in Pitt AND Baltimore who had some go the greatest defensive players in NFL history in that stretch. they somehow have won 4 division titles to the Jets 1.. this is the N.Y. Jets, sad that I have to compare them to the small market, ownership who doesn't give a shit, Cincinnati Bengals, by the way. just sad.

---
    and you are completely wrong about the second part. Not every team is pushing out the regular fan with PSLs, high prices. Certainly not every team is mired in decades of mediocrity. And not every team goes cheap and/or outdated with their front office.

Have the Johnson's ever hired a Head Coach or General Manager with previous Super Bowl experience? Not as an assistant, I'm talking at the role they take with the Jets?

thinking outside the box?? - - The Jets have never used analytics or advanced metrics, never cutting-edge in any way. It comes from ownership. the Johnsons aren't smart or creative in anyway, they are mediocre douchebags and we have a mediocre douchebag team to root for

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Bang... @ColoradoContrails as predicted, cheers.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Seriously" You didn't NAME him? That's pretty weak by your standards.

16. ColoradoContrails

Takes one to know one, I guess.

17. ColoradoContrails

But you didn't "name" him.:rolleyes:

18. K'OB

Weak? My standards, wow, your non-insulting posting is kicking off in style it seems lol

I didn't name him because it was fucking irrelevant, you choose to be offended by it and then name-checked him and now low and behold he replied.

I mean how many times do I need to say to you he was an example of a fan that thought the team had improved enough to win 10 games under your most hated and useless GM who hadn't actually done much improving.

Also btw I said this shit would happen this morning but your rebuttal to that was don't reply.

Your example of this below then.

The second utterly pointless falling out of the week.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. K'OB

No, you did.

Which is why he replied, at least I know I am on ignore :rolleyes:

20. FJF

How is the Brady argument weak. None else has won the division since they have been rolling. Goat qb goat coach, no other division is dealing with that monster. Bengals were bad enough to draft Palmer and get a couple of divisions titles where every team beats the hell out of each other. I don’t know how you could compare the situations with a straight face.
    To me alienating a fan base is just losing and not caring about it. For all the bad decisions woody and now chris(although I think this is his first questionable decision it’s more about timing then action) have made, I haven’t seen one that showed they didn’t care about winning. They just haven’t made the right moves. They maybe football idiots, but we could be doing a lot worse.
    Just check out what’s been going on at MSG

NCJetsfan likes this.