John Clayton reports the Jets/Lions are talking trade for the number 2 pick.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe W. Namath, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We're BETTER than talk radio! We're the INTERNETS...

2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this trade would involve #25, Vilma and maybe a mid round pick (3rd-5th round pick).

Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson are both going to be game breakers and I would love to have either of them for that price.

3. All Star

All Star Active Member

If we traded Coles and the 25 to get Brady Quinn...... who the hell is he going to throw the ball to? McCareins won't even be on the team, and teams will double Cotchery...... that is a horribly trade, QB is not a position of need and your making a huge hole at WR.............

4. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

While, I don't think we have the firepower to move up, I've been thinking all year that it is a matter of time before Coles is an ex-Jet. Coles has been bitching all season. He is a VERY good player, but far from untouchable. As for Vilma, I don't think he will be traded, but it is not outside the realm of possibility. Last season, Vilma is did not show the flexibility that Mangini looks for (that is, not performing well in the 3-4).

With all that said, I find it very out of character for this FO to do anything like Vilma, Coles, and #25 for #2. However, I would not be shocked to see two of those 3 traded.

Regardless of what occurs, I trust Tangini to do what is best for this team.

DbJ

5. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Would you guys do this (pure speculation by ME).

Coles/Vilma/25 for #2/Tatum Bell?

7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Nope.... No way...

But that's just me.

8. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

i agree. i think tatum bell sucks.

9. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Well we definitely differ on that opinion. I'd be on the fence on the deal.. but Tatum Bell definitely doesn't suck. Denver uses their backs as bait all the time because they think they can run with any back. T Bell was by far their best last yr.

10. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I don't know. I also tend to believe Tatum Bell sucks. He's never produced that much in Denver. I just don't see him as being worth much of anything.

11. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Right but who cares how many times a guy touched the ball...it's how many yards he can get you with those touches and 6-10 touches for a WR in a game is likely going to total close to what a RB with 25-30 touches will have.

12. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

the sound of this makes me fkn sick...trading vilma and now coles...give me a break...FFS, some of the things that come up on this board....its crazy time here.

13. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

completely agree

14. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

I mentioned those guys because of the amount of hype around them. All this makes no sense. Give up the picks for Turner, sign Porter and spend the draft on hole filling.....bottom line.

15. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

Yeah, but he better be special, with all the 3 yard outs hes gonna run in this offense, that STILL has no running game!!!!

16. JetFan4Life

JetFan4Life Member

Take it from someone who has seen Calvin for 3 years

I live in Atlanta and am a GT alum and I have had the pleasure of watching Calvin Johnson for 3 years. The man will re define the WR position. You are talking about a man who is 6' 5, 245 lbs and runs a true sub 4.4 40 (timed at the combine) Combine that with the best hands EVER and an attitude that would fit right in with Mangini and you want to do whatever you can to get him.

Here's a couple of things to remember. He was all american at GT with Reggie Ball as his QB. In this past bowl game against West Virginia, Taylor Bennett was our QB (Ball was suspended). Johnson scored 3 touchdowns and was TRIPLE teamed the entire game. He can run right by defenders, go over them and is so huge (TE size) that the middle doesn't scare him. He will immediately make Pennington one of the top passers in the NFL.

If you can get him, do it.

17. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

There is ZERO chance that they would trade for Quinn. None. Clemens is our future.

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

just heard about the clayton thing and let me tell you guys there is DEFINITELY something to the jets wanting one of the cant miss guys this year.....

thats why i posted a thread earlier today about them being in a pickle.....

look, the team has some talent - some young guys getting into their prime - its time they get some studs in here to carry the load. Whether its a top RB, top WR or top QB its got to be done.

it appears they are going to be slow and steady building a top defense so the hell with it. lets go get the offensive weapons in here.....

take no prisoners...

jil

19. SiupeliMalamala

SiupeliMalamala New Member

hey guys what would you think if it was something like:
    vilma/coles/#25 for
    shaun rogers and the #2
    I know people are going to say he is not a mangini guy because he has been suspended - but supposedly it was for an appetite suppresant. He would give us the huge tackle we need, you sign porter to replace vilma, and then you are looking at a pretty stacked defense - with the ability to add in either calvin johnson or adrian peterson to the offense. What do you guys think?

20. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Simply put, He's a Mangini version of Randy Moss when he came out of school. By that, I mean all the qualities of a "Mangini player", with the physical skills of Randy Moss.