Joe McKnight Fails Conditioning Test (UPDATED 8/1: He passed it)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Bingo.... he was offered a more the fair contract and he his wife and his moron of an agent walked away from it and then spit in the fae of the organization. Then karma bit him in the ass and I'd say it's a more then 50% chance he'll never be the same post injury.

As for McKnight ... ho hum. I'll bitch about him if he starts screwing up in games. I could care less what these guys do in the preseason. He'll get into shape and he'll be in Rex's doghouse at the same time so I'm sure he'll be fine.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Did he still show up and play hard for us? Business is business, he didn't hold out, he didn;t do anything stupid. So the guy wanted more money? he wasn't asking for anything unreasonable.

How did he spit in the face of the organization? B/c he didn't accept the Jets first offer? That's ridiculous.

I don't care about presseason either but after throwing up all over the field in mini camp it's not a good sign that a scat back cannot pass a conditioning test months later. He's a professional athlete now, even in college he should have been able to pass any conditioning test. This hurts our team, he's expected to contribute and if he can't get on the field and is missing crtiical practice time he won't be able to help us. This is not some 5-6 year vet who has been through camp multiple times and knows what to expect- he needs to be on the field and every moment he is not hurts this team.

3. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

Well a guy who was claimed to be better the Bush for USC just simply wasnt even close. Now he fails this test in his rookie year. He's not coming off a leg injury or something where he sits around for months, he just didnt do anything. Seems like he didn't do anything to become great at USC either. This doesn't look like the guy who will work his ass off and come out of nowhere to be a starter.
    And i thought this guy was a shifty runner who should only have problems receiving big hits for the first time and blocking assignments.
    Try and deal him or find someone willing to break their neck to make this team who will make everyone else play harder to keep a spot or just have it rubbed off on them.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I disagree.

Why does McKnight have to live up to bigger expectations than Cam Thomas? Oh yeah...because you wanted Thomas.

I disagree.

Joe McKnight was a much better value in the fourth.

It wasn't just the Jets that passed on him multiple times. He fell to the fifth for plenty of reasons.

I disagree.

Tell me how LT isn't a "known quality RB" - I'd really like to know.

You have literally no idea how this league works.

McKnight was a top five running back in this year's draft class and we got him in the 4th round. The Jets have the LUXURY...(if you didn't pick up on this, I'm capitalizing words that you don't understand)...of developing McKnight behind Greene and Tomlinson.

No one said it would take three seasons to develop him at RB. I said if he's still failing conditioning tests that far into his career, then we'll have a problem. He'll more than likely be back in pads in a few days, so posters like you need to stop bitching.

I disagree.

McKnight had a very good career at Southern Cal. How can you not see that? Look at his stats out of RBBC of the best running back recruits in the nation, he was the best on that roster.

The Reggie Bush comparison was unfair. No player will be able to live up to those expectations.

I disagree, again.

It just wouldn't be a "dthomas" post without a little dash of internet cry-baby, aye?

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to football.

#104 Mr Electric, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

eventually jet fans will learn you dont have cotchery, edwards, and holmes on one roster just so you can run the ball 40 times a game.

its time to take the training wheels off sanchez and see how he develops.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Well, for a poster that claims to be a doctor, you sure don't seem educated.

+1

This is a perfect way to go about this whole situation.

7. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

Yeah, totally accurate about McKnight. Spot on!!! kudos.

real response::

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

8. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

No not a doctor. initial are M.D. and a coach in highschool couldn't get my name right so he called me Doc for 3 years of my life. Which became my name around every teammate i've had.

And I'm sorry. I read that he was considered a better recruit. But I'm sure u were following him since 10th grade and know all about the recruiting process involved. I'll just come to you first when regarding any college recruiting. I go to rutgers so was wondering what you thought about Rashad Knight at safety

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

really it makes no sense that people worried about Greene being more prone to injury cause of his running style should calm down and realize that Greene wont be carrying it 30 times a game with LT behind him.

and if Greene is getting injured on 15-25 carries a game we have bigger problems than Joe McKnight losing his gatorade while running laps.

maybe your the fucking idiot.

speaking of billy maddison maybe you should put on your lipstick and stare at me and Mr.Electrics name on your shit list Steve Buscemi style.

your panties are all in a bunch because something easily correctible ie (cardio conditioning)

is it alarming especially considering hes RB? yes

does it bother me to the extent it does you considering McKnight will see maybe 5-10 touches a game and thats if he proves enough in TC to demand touches?

ionno I'm stupid though so why would that make any sense?

last time I checked he was the 3rd string RB on a team loaded with WR's and a QB who needs to start growing up and losing the color cards.

dunno how what I said dnt make sense, oh wait your a fucking moron of course it didnt make any sense to you

10. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

I'm just pointing out that you didn't mention McKnight in ur post about WR. and i felt like quoting billy madison

11. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I disagree. But I'll agree that we disagree. I know good and well you have much more time than I do to counter-post me into senior citizenship.

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I bet woodhead's loving it

13. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I agree that he's a complete tool for failing the conditioning test. He is reinforcing his image of an enormously talented guy with poor work ethic. Only he can change that view but it will take him time and effort. We're currently on year 3 of the Ghost so I'm guessing McKnight gets at least a year to shape up.

As for Carroll passing on McKnight, I think it had more to do with taking a proven RB over a project. Seattle doesn't have 2 stable backs like we do in Greene and LT2. If Leon recovers Carroll is getting a guy who can play right away in front of JJ or Forsett. The Jets, however, can afford to take a 4th round gamble on a guy, pay him peanuts compared to Leon, and let him develop for a year or 2. That's purely a business decision, which is something that Tanny and our FO excel at.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

This was posted by Cimini today in his blog

Notably, RB Joe McKnight failed his conditioning run and won't practice with the team until he passes it. He was placed on the active non-football injury list.

Knight had fitness issues at the Jets rookie minicamp as well. He sat drills out and was physically ill during the first practice.

15. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

There was a lot of speculation about why Pete Carrol passed on drafting Joe Mcknight (his former student) and instead traded with us for Leon Washington. I hate to say it, but maybe he knew something we didn't.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He also passed on Charles Brown, Taylor Mays, Everson Griffen, Kevin Thomas, and Damian Williams. So what?

The only former Trojan that Carroll drafted was Anthony McCoy - the same guy that failed a drug test a few weeks before the draft at the combine.

This isn't college football anymore. He doesn't have to show loyalty to any player, even if they played for him at USC.

Carroll jumped ship ASAP because he knew that program was fucked - I don't have any respect for that clown.

17. Barry the Baptist

His agent ripped the front office and then his wife had some really nice things to say about the organization as well. It has nothing to do with the offer, he is a grown man, if he felt it was an unfair offer that's fine but don't allow your agent to go on some tirade about the FO slapping you in the face with an offer that was more then fair for his market value.

In other news Haynesworth failed another test today...

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That is what agents do, his agent was doing his job trying to get as much money as possible. His wife mouthed off when he was about to leave, they were all upset about leaving and said some things out of anger which is understandable.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Totally agree. Puking in OTA's is one thing. If a runningback is failing the running test, this guy needs to wake the hell up.

20. Barry the Baptist

Call me crazy for defending the guy but I don't see Rosenhaus trashing the Bills or Cowboys for the way his client was treated. I don't see most respectable agents react the way he did. The way Keels reacted you'd think Leon was offered the worst contract in the history... Keels should know a thing or two about that too considering his client Andre Smith signed it.

So his wife ripping the organization for handling business as they saw fit was ok.

#120 Barry the Baptist, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010