Joe McKnight Fails Conditioning Test (UPDATED 8/1: He passed it)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I hope he gets it together now and has a good camp. Still hate the Leon trade.

2. ........

........ Trolls

Oof. So true. I'm glad I missed the comments on this story. It's a shame that he failed it to begin with, but he's 100% under control of the team now. If he needs to be put into shape, they'll put him into shape. Like you said, I'll worry about him when there's a problem with the way he plays. Until then, I'm still convinced he's a great fit for this team.

3. ........

........ Trolls

There really won't be a reason to change your mind on that until we see how Leon, Conner, and McKnight all perform. I was fine with the trade, but I can obviously understand why people aren't pleased to this day.

4. Italian Seafood

True. I've been wrong before, hope I am now, but like I said I hated it on draft day and nothing so far has changed my mind one bit.

5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Are you kidding me?

They'd probably call him Tannendumb.

6. ........

........ Trolls

Well, Leon reported for camp on time. I'm eager to see how he does for the Seahawks. He was always one of my favorite players, and I've still got his jersey hanging in the closet. I hope he performs well for them, but I became resigned toward the end to the fact that we were never willing to use him properly. If McKnight gets his shit together, I really do think he's an outstanding fit for this team and we'll all be pleased.

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Today he finally passed and was cleared to participate in training camp. This guy better get his stuff together. This ain't USC.

8. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

him passing it this quick after failing it just shows that he isn't taking things seriously yet

obviously he was in shape the other day....

9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Wow. Look at the reach. You should box.

10. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

dude get OVER IT!!!!!!!!!! leon wanted a #1 rb $, no way in hell was he gonna get that, especialy after breaking his leg.

more great news w/mcknight passing his conditioning test.

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I guess we can close this thread, he passed it and is on the bus.

Non-story now. After 5 weeks of TC he'll be in the best shape of his life.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Haynesworth didn't pass it and here's how.

You're timed, he had 70 seconds to run 25 yards end to end 6 times. He did it in 71 seconds, thus failing.

I can see McKnight doing the same thing. He didn't finish it in the time allotted. But wasn't winded or puking after running it. I guarantee it just took him too long to finish by a few seconds.

13. Italian Seafood

The leg negated the money issue. As far as being the #1 RB, the only reason he wasn't was the dumbasses didn't give him the ball enough. Didn't even matter, he changed games even while being underused.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Leon Washington isn't built to carry a team.

The league has evolved and the feature back is dying. There's no reason to invest top money into a scatback that shares touches with other players. He changed a few games because that was his job as a CHANGE OF PACE back. He ran against tired, worn down defenses.

Washington wanted a similar contract to Maurice Jones-Drew - anyone that knows half a shit about football can tell you they aren't even close to being on the same level.

You don't spend top dollar on a glorified kick returner that occasionally does some damage after the catch...especially one that's coming off of a serious injury.

15. CatoTheElder

Are you fucking kidding me? The reason he wasn't the #1 RB was because he was a 5'9"(listed) HB who until recently weighed under 200lbs. Unless we were the Eagles, there was no way Leon would have been used as a #1 RB for this team.

16. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

Do we still have Chauncey Washington? I would have liked to see that guy be given a chance again.

17. Italian Seafood

Did I say they should spend top dollar on him after the injury? No, I didn't. They did offer him top dollar before it, his agent held out for more, that was their mistake. Point being, we still had him on the team at low money because of the injury, and he'll likely be back. Instead we got nothing for him and drafted a guy to replace him who is struggling to get on the practice field. Practice. We talkin bout practice, man.

18. CatoTheElder

He's still on the roster but I wouldn't hold out too much hope. There's a reason he hasn't had a touch since his rookie season.

19. CatoTheElder

He's struggling in his rookie training camp? That sounds exactly like Leon

20. Italian Seafood

Leon looked great in his rookie camp. He and Brad Smith broke long TDs in the first game at Washington.