Joe Judge will be Giants next HC

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by CotcheryFan, Jan 7, 2020.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Interesting idea from Seattle's point of view - basically swapping Russell Wilson for Jamal Adams. Oops. The biggest problem for the Giants is that other teams could offer Seattle comparable packages, I would think, and Wilson could easily refuse to sign a long-term extension with a team as awful as the Giants. The Giants are not going to be good any time soon.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Can't see Wilson accepting a trade to the Giants, they're as terribly managed as we are. He'd request another trade the moment he got there.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Mara's are married to the idea that patience always succeeds because they shoved it up the fan bases ass during both Super Bowl runs when New York was on fire calling for the end of the Coughing/Manning tenures by mid-season in both runs.

This roster is dreadful. The coach should go with the GM and they should hope they lose a bunch of games and can let the new regime take their quarterback.

They have some pieces. Andrew Thomas hasn't allowed a sack all year after being terrible his rookie year and has been one of the best tackles in the game. They have a slew of talented young receivers and a good run stopping front including Dexter Lawrence who offensive line hate going up against.

They should do the opposite of what the Jets did and keep Jones, draft a rookie QB, sit him and see what happens while the new staff gets their beaks wet in New York. They should also take a big L on Barkley and just let him walk. He's one of those best that never was deals because of the injuries.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If Mara was smart, he'd fire Gettleman, Judge, the entire CS, and bring in Ed Dodds or Joe Hortiz and give full control over hiring the next HC and roster decisions.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The only reason I could see Wilson taking a trade to NY is because of life after football with his wife.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Bump, he just delivered a long rant in his post game presser. I don't get how he deserves a third year, but apparently his job is safe.

Jonathan_Vilma and Jets_Grinch like this.
  7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

He has gone in 100% in blaming Gettleman for everything, insisting that everything he has done to build a team has been completely successful, in contrast to the last guy. I understand the temptation to blame two people who are either already gone (Shurmur) or will be gone in a week (Gettleman), but it's actually quite pathetic to hear him take absolutely no responsibility for how they have been completely uncompetitive for months.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I watched about 2-3 minutes of this and it was so cringeworthy. I don't know how this guy comes back at all.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I did respect the part where he said he refuses to call players out to the media. "Because I'm not going to sit up here, like some other cowards behind a microphone, and put the players on blast. That is it. I signed up to be the head coach here."

Honestly made me think about Rhule. Every loss it seems he's throwing someone under the bus and saying the CS had it right. In NY, at least from jet fans, he'd probably be loved because it's something you can see and call it accountability... But I think that guy is gone next year, he would be this year if his contract wasn't so much.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He also said in his rant about how in 2018 they all knew they were going to get fired at the midpoint of the season but the staff and players just kept working hard. That was his example of knowing this locker room is still fighting.

They were 6-2 off back to back SB appearances in 2018…

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Somewhat comforting to have the rest of the league lowering to Jetsian levels.