Joe Douglas interview on WFAN

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

This is the long and the short if it.

I personally wouldn't hold it against my worst enemy if they weren't able to scheme their way to success with a 3rd string QB playing behind a putrid offensive line.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MoWilkBeast, FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yup, this is why I'm not even acknowledging it.

It's a redundant conversation and one I am so sick of having.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. Falco21

Pair that with our injury situation and it is damn near impossible to win.

In December of 2019, the Jets had 15 players on the injured reserve, the most in the NFL at the time. It was getting so crowded in the rehab room that I remember them reporting that the players on the IR were given specific times for rehab to limit the amount of people at any given time.

We also had over $60 million in salary cap on the IR, which was about 1/3rd of the NFL's base cap. That was far and away the leagues worst.

The Jets used 68 players during the season. The NFL record is 78 by the Texans in 2017. The 68 was tied for the second most in the league and was a franchise record for the Jets.

Only 7 players on our original starting lineup played every game.

Those are facts. Facts that you simply can not win games with

#83 Falco21, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You don’t have to pair the o line problem with the injury problem. It was the same problem . 8 different o line man played , 9 different o line combinations used. From a starting 5 that aspired to be mediocre if all went perfect.

5. Falco21

Agreed, but my point was that the offensive line played horribly because there was no talent. Injuries played a role for sure, but we had no talent on the line.

FJF likes this.
  6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

But, but, but... who was responsible for creating that OL... who was responsible for hiring that 3rd string QB who was only ever meant to run the scout team. It's all Gase's fault 'cos I don''t like him and any logical reason you can come up with is just an excuse.

Falco21, KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  7. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

That's really intelligent you name coaches and show you are wrong and you block me....LOL you are the waste of time because you can not see the point that what you say is incorrect. Block me and save me the the time having to reply to someone who does not respect or recognize s=when someone else correct.
    Support gase IDC I pointed out his flaws and you think they are not flaws , I provide fact and you then your provide false hoods

8. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

And gase has some responsibility in this he helped put together the line and then did not play them together in the pre-season

Footballgod214 likes this.
  9. Falco21

But he did block you and you are still responding to him.

Or is that not a fact?

10. Falco21

In training camp Osemele strained his pec sidelining him. Winters was week to week with a shoulder injury and was later ruled out of all training camp activites. Ryan Kalil had just signed and had not practiced yet with a month to go.

The entire starting offensive line practiced together for the first time during the last week of August. This was because of injuries.

So please, enlighten me as to how Gase is at fault for not practicing them together in pre season?

#90 Falco21, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.