Joe Douglas entering his final year without a new contract

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 8, 2024.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Spot on. There is also a little matter of financial compensation. Average coordinator salary is 1 mil. Average HC salary is 6.6 mil, and typically you get a 5 year contract. So, if you get a HC gig, that's 33 years of coordinator salary guaranteed. Basically one of these contracts is a couple of times more than what you can make in a lifetime as coordinator. And even if you suck and get fired, you can then potentially still get a coordinator job and double dip - I suspect that's what will happen to Saleh next year.

We may not get the best candidate as there will be other teams as well interested, but there is a way to get a good candidate.

Ralebird likes this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's an interesting one, and it was a huge surprise he stayed instead of taking the bag somewhere. It could also be he got a sense that Seattle and Washington were about to select someone else. Or there was a personal circumstance - say his kid has just one year left in school, etc... Either way, that does not mean he won't want to take a HC opportunity next year, but I agree a decision that is hard to explain without knowing all the details.

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I would agree that it's not entirely impossible that he wouldn't take this job. Just, given what transpired last year, I think the odds are pretty well stacked against it considering the fact that he decided to stay put rather than go after some of the jobs that were available. It's not impossible that he would come here, but I can't imagine that someone with that promising of a future would come to the place that has ruined countless head coaching careers when there will be better options available.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’d say the offensive line rebuild has been a failure once again.

5. jets_fan

Joe only needs another six years to get it right. I mean, he is an O-line expert after all. Or so I've been told.

teamgreen likes this.
  6. letsgojets2819

letsgojets2819 Active Member

Fire Joe Douglas today! Given 6 years to build a offensive line and they may we worse than last year. I am suprised AR hasn't been injured yet, Rodgers aint coming back to this shitshow next year if he makes it to next year behind this suckass offensive line Jd Built, we are in another rebuild we might as well start trading veterans now starting with Mosley, not mortgage away our future for Davente

JFM- probally the biggest disaster out of everything he did this offseason, We can't stop the run without him it's evident
    Offensive line- still a disaster
    Kinlaw- disaster
    tyron smith- utter disaster
    Mike Williams- utter disaster
    Malachi Corley-utter disaster
    Fashu instead of Bower- utter disaster
    Hassan Redick- utter disaster
    Not firing Saleh or HAckett and getting a real coach in the offseason- utter disaster

And this is just this season, this was his worst offseason and thats saying something.

#106 letsgojets2819, Oct 14, 2024 at 11:46 PM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 11:52 PM
    teamgreen likes this.
  7. jets_fan

He has been, he's just playing through it.

Joe really is in the wrong business. He is a FANTASTIC salesman, given how he's managed to convince everybody that this is a good roster.

REVISion and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The biggest difference between Douglas vs. Idzik and Maccagnan is that Douglas looks like a jock, and they look like dweebs Douglas would stuff into a locker. If Douglas looked like them, everyone here would hate him, and he'd have been fired a couple years ago.

Tamba_Trio and jets_fan like this.
  9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

They didn't rebuild it. They put a few Band-Aids on it and called it a rebuild.

10. letsgojets2819

Yeah a rebuild is finding your franchise Qb not a has been who no team but the Jets wanted and is 40 years old. Rebuilds usually build good teams for 10 years, the Jets got a few good pieces(you can't whiff on every 1st round pick you know not even Joe Douglas), than hired a bunch of mercenaries past their prime. And next year what do you know we will clean house, AR will retire and we will be trying to rebuild again.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This next week will be important on what Joe Douglas does. What we saw out there was an embarrassing state of football.

Clemons was disgustingly awful
    Kinlaw sucked
    Greg sucked

12. jets_fan

He won't do anything. The most we'll get from him is to bring in a kicker to compete with Zuerlein, but we won't end up signing him and the kicking will continue to be an issue.

Remember, this is the same guy that stuck with Zach Wilson after Rodgers got hurt and left Saleh twisting in the wind to answer for it week in and week out.

13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Someone else mentioned this, but the Jets really do have a penchant for dumb players and players who don't play hard. Clemons, Kinlaw, Breece (runs soft), Ruckert, Mike Williams, Elijah Moore, Becton, Mims, the list goes on and on.

Signing aging vets in an attempt to cover up failed drafts doesn't help either. Nobody comes here and changes the culture. They let their play fall to the level allowed by our shitty culture.

ColoradoContrails and jets_fan like this.
  14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

a Joe D ol special night... hahahhahahahahahahahahaaaaaa

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's the stuff you get with a "culture changer" player's coach that doesn't instill any discipline. The players walk around smugly enjoying the smell of their own arm pits and half of them were in grade school the last time their team made the playoffs.

I doubt all of a sudden Meat Head will be calling for heads to roll.

REVISion likes this.
  16. Losmeister

I didn't even see the low lights... holy fk did ty Smith suuuuuuuuuuuuccckkkkk

17. Losmeister

abject failure for 5 years running

18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Remember how JD said we were a QB away from competing? See what he had meant was we were a QB, 3 WR’s, 4 OL, and a Pass Rusher, and it’ll cost about $260m to get them.

REVISion and teamgreen like this.
  19. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

JD has failed. The Adams signing had me thinking of this old classic “Can't you see it's the last act of a desperate man?” Townsman: “I don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth.”

REVISion likes this.
  20. letsgojets2819

No the Jets were making it out we were a Qb away from winning the superbowl.

jets_fan likes this.