Jim Nantz's Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BakerMaker, Jan 16, 2011.

1. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I usually dislike Nantz and love Simms...but Simms was NOT objective last night...he was totally rooting for the Patriots. And I'm not someone who usually says that... my friend said during the game "i wouldn't be surprised if simms' has money on the patriots" and i agreed. He sounded so sad, and made so many comments on how the patriots offense can improve, it sounded like he was coaching and imploring the team to win.

2. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

If we were faking injuries to slow the game down, could we have perhaps done it with slightly less important players than Pool and Scott being then forced to miss the next down?

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Like who? They're all equally important.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I didn't really notice a bias either way for Sims or Nantz.

5. Angel

Angel Member

The cheaters are the ones that invented the tactic to slow down the Colts hurry-up offense, what goes around comes around!!

6. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

True, but the point I was trying (badly) to get to was that the loss of a key player for a down is not a price worth paying to slow down the offence.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

That's debatable. Some of those fake injuries helped, especially on that drive that resulted in a FG for the Patriots. They were marching down taking huge chunks of yards in their hurry up.

8. Cortland JET

Cortland JET New Member

THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD!! I usually like this combo but Jim Nantz was blatantly rooting for the pats. Twice he asked after Jet defensive injuries
    "let's see if they come back in for the next play." Accusing them of trying to slow down the pats. I wonder if he will wear a Steeler hat to the broadcast next week!!!

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You are DONE!

7pm be there.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I remember Nantz on a few occasions saying thing like "It's unfortunate for the Patriots that..."

11. Angel

Angel Member

One might think Brady/Kraft invited Nantz to the Pats celebration party after the game.

Don't make it so obvious next time Jim!!

12. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I think a lot of these reporters have very little sports knowledge but a better grasp of concepts like ratings and publicity. A guy like Nantz sees Brady and imagines more media coverage if he advances and beter ratings for his network. I have actually learned not to take it personal...it's just business for them.

13. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

When I watched the game live, I thought Nantz and Simms were pretty objective. Loved Nantz's call on the Harris INT. However, I watched the game last night on NFL Network, and Nantz's lovefest for Brady was so evident I almost vomited everywhere. I couldn't believe I didn't notice this the first time I watched the game, probably because I was so into the game I could give two shits what the announcers we're saying.

Nantz's call on the Greene TD was HORRIFIC. He seemed genuinely sad Greene got a TD and the proceeding celebration really ticked him off. Same goes for Holmes TD. As soon as it happened, he said something like 'theres no room back there to catch that pass,' but he didn't say it in a non-belief kind of way. More like 'shit, that ruined Bradys chances of mounting a comeback' kind of tone. Really ticked me off on watching the replay.

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I watched the game over and he was not only getting on the JETS in the 4th Q for stopping the PATS offense when they were clicking but he bitched about POOL in the 1st Q where he was actually hurt for a play. Then the Holmes flag, "Wow, look how fast he called for the flag." And his tone was hilarious when Greene scored the game winning TD. "How about Shawn Greene in the playoffs....for the second straight YER :mad:." :rofl:

15. BiG CHoPz

BiG CHoPz Member

I could've swore i saw him holding back a smile the play he sat out right after(since they werent gunna waste a TO). Next play he jogs back to the huddle like everything is cool. Loved it

16. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

glad for this thread, my buddies and i were going nuts, mostly about Nantz's anti Jet calls (gonna make for a shitty AFC Champ telecast too!) There were so many examples, a lot of which people have already hit on. One particular subtle/funny one was a Jet first down play, i forget exactly who or what, but it was a first down gain of 9 and Nantz was like "and they hold him to a 9 yard gain" like that was a good thing. The Green TD clelbration, the supposed fake injuries, Sanchez "thowing for 1 touch" during the first half when he threw for 2. I like Simms but Nantz was pulling a Francessa during this broadcast.....i really had no idea he was so anti Jet

17. Steeler Tim

Steeler Tim New Member

I was pissed about Greene celebrating also. Well, not that he celebrated but that it cost the team 15 yards. I didn't want there to be any chance that the vampire organization rise from the dead.

The real problem is the rules for the No Fun League. I don't see any problem with the players having some fun after they score. As long as they don't taunt the opponent who the hell cares.

I've never been a fan of Simms while Nance doesn't bother me one way or another. Nance might have been right about the Jets using injuries to slow the Pats down. That's smart in my book. It gives the big uglies time to recover from constantly rushing the passer.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Nantz is such a douchbag its hilarious. He represents alot of what is wrong with the NFL.

He is terrible as a play by play man. He seems to think its his job to sit up there like a judgmental old queen rooting for the pats and deciding if the players are acting appropriately. I would have fired his ass immediately for that shoddy performance.

Just call the game Jim - nobody needs to hear you telling us what u think the pats should do so they can win the game, nobody gives a shit about your opinion as to whether the Jets should celebrate kicking the pats ass or your opinion about whether Braylon should have done a back flip.

Nantz is a hand wringing old woman. its depressing to have to listen to this moron editorialize and stumble his way through the game.

He is no Keith Jackson.

19. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

He has to pay over 1 million bucks in alimony to his ex spouse. I think he cheated on her with some 20 something year women....Lost 2 houses as well.

I understand this has nothing to do with it...But I think it adds to his douchbag theme set in this thead.

20. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Haha he went to the High School in my town thats known for having all douchebag guys. Just to harp on your theme.