Jim Nantz's Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BakerMaker, Jan 16, 2011.

1. TheBeardedOne

TheBeardedOne New Member

I hope were underdogs for the rest of the playoffs and people keep not giving them a chance. They obviously respond to it. The most talented but you see the motivation makes them play top of there game so far this season. :hackett:

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Yep totally spoiled. All they will stay in their seats for is for games where their heroes are winning. Worst fans in American sports.

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I didn't know that but that sure explains a lot.

4. blackwaltz7

blackwaltz7 New Member

You should hear Carton ripping Nantz right now

5. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

Half time the mute button went on. No need to hear Nantz fawning over Brady "comeback" in the second half.

Lam

6. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

I am a bitter ender. I watched all of the 45-3 thrashing. Figured if Rex hadn't abandoned the sideline well neither would I.

Lam

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Nance was talking shit all game. Fucking asshole.

8. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

glad I wasn't the only one noticed this. thought i was crazy.

the dude sounded giddy when brady made a pass.

9. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

Simms stood up to Nantz pointing out a couple of times that Pool clearly turned his ankle on the replay.

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

THIS!!!! I was surprised by Phil. He was really over the top.

11. I recall that comment, as well as several others, all making CBS sound like the Flagship Station of the New England Patriots, and Nantz and Simms the homers teams like that put on the air.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that CBS is the financial partner of the Patriots with "Patriots Place."

12. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

It was like Soccer, they get carried off by stretcher then run into the game.

13. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Couldn't have said it better myself:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-CBS-announcer-bashes-Jets-absurd-touchd?urn=nfl-308377

Video: CBS announcer bashes Jets' 'absurd' touchdown celebration

By Chris Chase

When you talk big, you'd better back it up. And if you back up the big talk, you deserve to celebrate even bigger. That wasn't a problem for the New York Jets during and after the team's decisive 28-21 victory over the New England Patriots in the AFC divisional playoff.

A bit of the celebration didn't please CBS announcer Jim Nantz, though. After Shonn Greene(notes) scored a late game-sealing touchdown, many Jets, Rex Ryan included, converged in the end zone to whoop it up and send one final message to the Patriots and their fans. Nantz didn't like this, particulary Greene's "nap time" celebration, which saw the running back fall to the ground and mimic that he was going to sleep.

"I've never understood the absurdity of all the self-aggrandizing and now you're going to cost your team 15 yards on the kick and you're going to give Brady and his unit a chance to do something."

All right, Jim. Come on down from that soapbox and let's talk about this. You're right that it's absurd for a player to cost his team 15 yards for an incident that was completely unnecessary. And you're right that Brady and his team were going to get another chance to do something. But did you have to go with "absurdity" and "self-aggrandizing" when ripping Greene's celebration? You know who's self-aggrandizing? People who use the phrase "self-aggrandizing." I assume you've been introduced to the pot and the kettle, Jim?

The real culprit here is the NFL for having lame rules in place that penalize players for having fun. Greene didn't get flagged for doing something wrong -- like taunting or disrespectful behavior -- no, he was penalized because he intentionally fell to the ground in the course of celebrating a touchdown. That's all.

Jets players flying around with their arms out like a kid in a meadow in an insurance commercial? Cool. Rex Ryan rumbling down the sideline and into the end zone (possibly producing another richter scale measurement in the process) to chestbump players and get his back jumped on by Mark Sanchez(notes)? Legal. Catching some game-clinching Z's in the end zone? Flag, and the contempt of Jim Nantz and the Patriots.

New England receiver Deion Branch(notes) didn't like any of the celebrations. "They don't deserve me nor my teammates' congratulations for them to act like that," he said. "You can tell they're not used to being in this position."

Harsh. For his sake, I hope Branch didn't catch this little postgame performance from Braylon Edwards(notes). He might have blown a gasket:

That's some tremendous athleticism by Braylon. Figures he'd be able to shine in an athletic endeavor in which dropping a pass wasn't an option.

Nantz was quiet about the backflips and we'll see if he changes his mind about the Jets next week, when he'll call the AFC championship between New York and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

14. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i hope nantz pisses and moans through another jet win this weekend. make it sting jets!!!

15. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

I was surprised to learn that CBS saves a great deal of money on their NFL productions each week because Nantz and Simms share a hotel room.

16. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I honestly have no problem with Nantz and Simms. I actually really like Simms and can tolerate Nantz. That's more than say about 99% of the other announcing teams in the NFL.

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Nantz is so overrated. I like Simms though.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

In a perfect world, the announcing team would be Gus Johnson and Phil Simms.

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Wasn't a conspiracy theory. They were absolutely faking injuries, and it worked. Who cares?

Nantz is a douche for calling the excessive celebration "absurd". This is football, not bingo.

20. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

he had his Nantz in a bunch from the opening snap.