Jeudy or Lamb? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Feb 13, 2020.

?

Who?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2020.
  1. Jeudy

60.9%
  2. Lamb

39.1%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

While I would really love to see one of Lamb, Jeudy, and Jefferson become a Jet, I'd be quite happy with Mims, Claypool, Tyler Johnson, Michael Pittman, and maybe even Laviska Chenault, Collin Johnson, Van Jefferson, Bryan Edwards or Donovan People-Jones

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

A lot of depth at WR this year. I agree on Johnson and Pittman. I like Claypool too but he seems like more of a big possession guy having watched a lot of him at ND. Johnson and Pittman can both take the top off a defense. Grab the OL early, then get one of these guys and it has the makings of a good draft.

Btw, I love what Lamb brings to the table too. I really want him because I think he's going to be a star but I also want to build the foundation the right way.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m down for signing 5 OL in FA then drafting Ruggs in 1st, Mims in 2nd, Pittman & Claypool in 3rd.

NYJFOREVER and boozer32 like this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Unless he's lying about his intentions, I'm sure Douglas does too. And we could easily get a very good WR in rounds 2-4. All of our deficiencies won't be fixed in one offseason.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Saying it and doing it are two different things. I sure as hell hope so. This is prove it time for Douglas. Is he the GM to lead this talent lacking franchise out of the abyss? Remains to be seen but I'm optimistic. A franchise OL and starting caliber WR in the first two rounds would be a good start.

NCJetsfan and CotcheryFan like this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

This draft is almost too good for him to mess up, but this is the Jets and they've made their share of head scratching picks, so some skepticism is warranted until he proves he can identify talent that fits the Jets schemes.

#66 CotcheryFan, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  7. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

I think that is a valid point. Douglas complimented Brian Winters so I think he will stay. Plus we will try to sign one of the key free agent offensive tackles like Ragnow. I can see drafting an OT in the 2nd or 3rd round. We need immediate stability with the line. Don't have the time to rehaul the line through the draft. Need explosive players on offense so I would love to see Ruggs or Jefferson. Maybe a trade back to add more draft picks and then take Jefferson in the 20's. Maybe Adams has that LSU connection.

boozer32 likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If we sign both Thuney and Conklin I think it really frees us up to go WR-C-Edge-WR/CB. I can't say I think we'll get both but I think we're signing at minimum two, most likely three. Even if they're not the top tier guys.

And I'm thinking more and more that they're just gonna tell RA to go fuck himself and play for the Eagles if he wants $16 Milly a year.

9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I like your thinking. I would take Ruggs too. Better to get some experience from the OL instead of a couple of rookies.

10. NCJetsfan

Assuming they re-sign Beacham, put Thuney next to him, draft a starting C, and have Conklin at RT, that still leaves no RG and no depth. Are you starting Edoga at RG or is he the backup swing tackle? I guess you would keep Harrison as the backup C. Who are the backup OGs?

I'm starting to be against signing Conklin. He is gonna cost close to $15 million per season. Paying him that much will limit who else we can sign in FA. Thuney's going to be close to that amount as well. That's close to $30 million (roughly 1/7th of the salary cap tied up in 2 OL. I'd rather sign Graham Glasgow, Quinton Spain or Connor McGovern, and Halapoulivaati Vaitai, and have money to sign an edge or Breshard Perriman to replace Anderson and a 2-3 other FAs that would fill holes and help improve the talent level of the team.

If what Todd McShay said about what he thinks Douglas' approach will be is accurate, the Jets won't be signing either Thuney or Conklin. He said that he thinks that Douglas will take a very similar approach to FA as Ozzie Newsome did. That was to not look to sign big name, big contract players, and instead to look to sign underrated players who were bargains.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Glasgow is going to cost you the same. I don't think we'll be signing both Thuney and Conklin. But the theory is that if we do, we can go cheaper for lesser talent at other spots. It is a unit. Rarely do you have studs at every position. Better offensive lineman help lesser offensive lineman better than nearly every other position group.

FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  12. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I don't think Glasgow will cost the same. Most reports say 7-9 for him. Again it's to early to be sure but Thuney will be over 10 and Conklin 15ish. But that said I agree with you. It's a group, not just one player. No one but oakland and Dallas have all pro and/or 1st rounders across the line. We just need a solid group with a couple upper tier to elevate the others.

#72 J-Raw24, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .Very true (up to a point). . Last year we learned below average linemen do not appreciably help bottom of the barrel offensive linemen. .

14. NCJetsfan

I don't think Glasgow will cost anywhere near what Thuney or Conklin get, and neither do several writers whose articles I've read recently. I have seen Conklin predicted to get $15 million per season, Thuney to get $12-13 (and probably more if he signs with the Jets), and Glasgow $8-9 million.

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If the Jets somehow end up with Conklin and Thuney/Glasgow, they HAVE to take Jeudy or Lamb at 11.

16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Please for the love of all that is holy let the Jets end up with Jerry Jeudy.

Mr mittens likes this.
  17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

McShay was just on Golic & Wingo and said that Jeudy is the best WR prospect he has ever seen come out of college. I've been so torn on WR or OL, then back to WR. I want Jeudy over anyone.

Mr mittens likes this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Jeudy, you can not go wrong with. His route running ability reminds me so much of a Jerry Rice/Marvin Harrison coming out. His route running discipline is pure perfection. I'd also love Lamb but Jeudy is a can't miss home run and would give Sam Darnold a true #1 with elite route running ability for 10+ years.

Mr mittens likes this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Me too.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If we get reinforcements in free agency at the OL position, Jeudy could be a possibility at 11 if still there, particularly if the three top OL players are gone. Most polls are predicting 5-6 players( QB's plus defensive studs) getting drafted in thetop ten. I know polls don't mean much BUT,If so, and the three top OL are also gone before us, things will get mighty interesting around the time Cleveland makes the pick. Very exciting times, hope to see some of you hard core TGG draftniks in Las Vegas come draft time. As much as Darnold needs stud LT, is hard not to accept that Jeudy could make this offense instantly better and probably become the best WR Jets have drafted since......who knows when.

ColoradoContrails likes this.