Jets work out free agent QB David Garrard

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jet Rider, Feb 28, 2013.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

OHHH YEAHHHHH!!!

Sanchez, Garrard, Quinn, and McElroy let the games begin.

Mark is so starting again this year ...

2. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Some of you guys are gonna be really disappointed when sanchez is announced the starter next season

Just accept it already

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

People need to get use to this, because it's probably true. Sanchez will win the job, and fans will whine all year long even though they knew before the 2012 off season that this would be the case with the contract.

4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

How are the Jets managing to find QBs that are actually WORSE than Sandick?

The goal is to get guys that are BETTER. I guess they are relying on grabbing their starting QB in the draft.

5. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

He won't last a whole season and I would rather spend time grooming and getting a young QB experience.

He seems about ready for the glue factory, worse yet, he is still better than Sanchez but I would pass.

Give me Moore instead.

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I've got a feeling Moore is gonna be too expensive for Jets. Andy Reid, the QB whisperer, looked at Geno Smith with the 1st pick in the draft ran to SF with a 2nd rounder + extra to get Alex Smith.

Moore's agent knows that QB-hungry teams aren't excited with this draft. He turned FA at the perfect time & is gonna get vastly overpaid I believe.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Oh goodie ... if we combine the release time of Gerrard and tebow it should be enough for Congress to pass a budget.

8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Garrard is an upgrade. I don't mind this at all. only thing that scares me, is he's been out a while.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Isn't that usually how you find a Franchise QB? We won't find one this draft, 2014 maybe.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Is this some kinda joke?

11. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

If you go back and look at past drafts, its extremely unlikely that there wont be one or two guys that turn out to be very good starters. Who those guys are, we're not sure. But I think you've got to pick one and take a chance.

It isn't the same as it used to be. If you take a chance and it doesnt work out, you arent stuck with a huge contract and weighs down the franchise. You just go find another one (like the browns are doing with Weeden, jacksonville with Gabbert). If you waste a year on say... Mike Glennon, and he sucks, you aren't losing anything because your year was going to suck anyway with Garrard, Sanchez, McCoy, Quinn, etc. Might as well take a chance on a younger, unproven guy with talent.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

You may be right, but I'd really like to see Moore here if my 1st wish of trading for Foles can't be realized.

13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Jets are looking at Chase Daniels.

He's the only FA QB that I think would be worth a look.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

3 yrs from now some team like the Chiefs will be super excited about bringing Mark Sanchez in for a workout.....

15. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

He's better than Sanchez and probably the best option in free agency. To the people bitching, who do you want? There are no good QBs available and there is not a lot to pick from. Flynn, Foles, Cousins, or any backup QB aren't coming to NY.

16. Jetsjack

Jetsjack New Member

You guys act like the jets are supposed to sign Tom Brady or something. Deal with the fact that this years QB class Is weak in the FA field. Besides that I would sign garrard or somebody of that class and draft a qb 2nd or 3rd ( ej manuel, nassib) and let McElroy,rookie,garrard, and nacho battle it out

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

David Garrads carrer is over, its blatently obvious , the guy cant stay healthy anymore and has serious knee problems witch never seem to go away.Yea sure he would be an upgrade over Sanchez if he could play 16 full games and maybe more but that day wont happen

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Good idea to work him out. Not at all understanding wtf some of you are whining about this for. oh that's right, your whiners. Garrard is probably done physically which is too bad - but all that Idzik did was give him a workout - BFD. some of you act like he just inked a multiyear guaranteed deal. relax ~ he was given a workout ~ and if he's healthy, GREAT !!! b/c he was a pretty successful NFL QB who might be an excellent backup qb.

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yeah according to all beat writers and reports coming out of camp he was looking really good. He had the starting job on lock before it was discovered he needed knee surgery. It was looking like Tannehill was going to ride the bench year 1 unless Garrard royally tanked. After Garrard went down they let Moore and Tannehill battle it out.

20. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Agree. Not any downside to signing him to a minimum deal.