Jets willing to part with 1st rounder for Michael Turner. Discuss Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FITM, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

And I for two am not interested. I'm not against acquiring another RB mind you, but not at the expense of coughing up a 1st rounder for one instead of improving our lines with that pick.

2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the team actually draft defense in teh first round instead of trading the pick for an overrated backup

3. bada bing crew

bada bing crew New Member

nick mangold was a late 1st round pick

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

yeah, what an ass clown. He sounds like he thinks it's a reasonible deal.

5. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Do you know what is lame? Someone writing that Turner is overrated. That is a joke. He's done absolutely nothing to warrant being called overrated. Some will just say anything to keep that lame 26th pick in the draft. It's borderline comical.

6. Section 227. Row 5

That "lame 26th pick" may get us a pass-rush.

7. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

He's not overrated himself, he's overrated by you. This guy was a 5th round pick and because he ran a few big plays behind the best offensive line in the NFL you want to crown him better than ANY PLAYER IN THIS YEARS DRAFT.

That is the joke.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

If this is going to turn into 2005 Ty Law threads day after day after day i'm jumping in the bunker.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Ty Law has been reincarnated in the form of Turner. The monster lives!

It's alive!

It's alive!

10. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I think that Overall NFL draft is going to go down as one of the best EVER.... Comparitively, this draft seems to be much weaker at 1st glance.

That said, I think it's still wise for the Jets to analyze the players in this draft and hold out as long as they can so they can evaluate what they can get VS Turner. And B Schott's opinion has to hold a ton of weight here......

For the most part, the Jets may be able to get what they could in round 1 with the Skins pick.... Then again, it's nice to hold a late 1st to see what "falls" in your lap - Adam Carriker perhaps????

Of course, it Would be real nice if the Jets could give one of their 2nd round picks for Turner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I have a Jets Ty Law jersey sitting in the back of my closet, and it appears to be coming closer and closer to the door, trying to get some air (like this thread).

As far as Turner goes, I don't want to give up a 1st Round Pick for him. To be quite honest, I think Leon Washington is fine, especially since he will be focused on more in the off-season/practices considering he was the RB for the Jets down the stretch of the season.

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

The Merge Patrol baby!

13. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Guys, we're gonna try and keep all things Turner in this thread. The story isn't developed enough to have the whole forum be full of it. One thread is plenty.

14. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

i seen that guy who would want a 1st and L. Coles for michael turner obviously he knows nothing about football because they would end up oweing us something thats not an even trade. it would never pan out anyhow but if for some strange reason it did.

but on another note!! check this video out of michael turners highlights and tell me you wouldnt sacrifice a first round to get him. he'd be the best running back new york has ever had he reminds me of a bull dozer with rocket fuel.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?p...h/video?p=Michael+Turner+RB&toggle=1&ei=UTF-8

15. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

16. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Did you even look at the highlight of his games he played in?? obviously you have a little to much time on your hands and you might need to seek some professional help.

Too everybody else in here who thinks with logical thought michael turner is a great catch. he would be tearing the football field up for us if you doubt what i say all i ask is just watch the film and make comment. you'll see what it is im talking about.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?p...h/video?p=Michael+Turner+RB&toggle=1&ei=UTF-8

17. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

this was just a moronic statement

18. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I don't know how everyone is so sure Turner will be a good back. He has proven nothing. It's a lot easier to run in the NFL when you come in fresh and the defense has been out there the entire game. Not to mention they get used to a type of runner especially a Tomilson and when they see Turner back there instead I bet they lose focus because they are so worried about stopping LT.

Could he be good. Sure but he's just as much of a crapshoot as drafting a back.

19. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member

I've said it many times, I'll say it again. The Jets biggest need is FAR from a running back. Leon has shown a lot this year and he is in the exact same mold as a Brian Westbrook, a Top 10 NFL back. The Jets need to address getting a pass rusher, a NT, a corner, and a right side of the o-line before thinking about running back. With the other side of the o-line, Leon could be dynamite.

20. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

HELL NO, on giving up a first rounder for Turner.