Jets willing to part with 1st rounder for Michael Turner. Discuss Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FITM, Jan 23, 2007.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I know the force is strong with you when it comes to the draft so I will ask this question...

Do you think the Jets would be getting a player with a first round grade at 25?

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

The only thing I know about this front office is that they place a specific value on every player. Washington wanted a 3rd for Ramsey, Jets were steadfast on giving a 6th, and ended up giving that. They liked Clemens a ton, but placed his value as a mid-late 2nd rounder, and traded back.

If they feel they won't be able to find a better player than Turner at pick #25, then they'll do the trade. It all depends on how highly they value Turner. By the sounds of it, they value him very highly.

3. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I think that the Jets are very, very lucky; because they will probably have their choice of a few very good players to select at #25. If there isn't Carricker or one of the rush LBs available, they'd also have the option of trading down and adding some picks because of the talent that is in this draft at a few positions. There are a lot of really good players in this draft that I don't think people are quite giving that much credit to yet, but by draft time I think people are going to be seeing this as one of the strongest classes in years.

4. PennyandtheJets

I think you hit the nail right on the head...

I think the Jets thinking is they won't be getting a first round player at 25

5. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

its a late 1st.. it wouldnt be out the question. he is better than any rb were getting at #25

6. PennyandtheJets

I agree, Carriker seems like a perfect fit, but I am unsure as to whether or not he will even be around once we are on the clock.

I just think with the two second rounders we already possess it gives us the ability to get Turner.

Im glad to get your opinion on the matter though.

7. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

If I could add just one more thing, I think it's far too early for the Jets to be deciding on anything definitively. If we get into late March, and the Jets are convinced that there won't be what they want at 25 and they want to pull the trigger on this deal, I could at least accept it as the best option. Mid-January just leaves so much up to chance, a lot of things could happen between now and April 28.

8. PennyandtheJets

Keep in mind...we won't be able to pull the trigger on this trade until March 2nd. I think that is when trades are allowed again.

I guess we will just have to trust Tangini and the scouts if they do in fact pull the trigger.

9. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

no chance, lets go for tomlinson. i like the idea of bringing in a playmaker but i feel we need to do it in other areas. i know this past season we caught the injury bug with the rb's but i feel a healthy washington, barlow, houston, askew and blaylock can get the job done.

10. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

God just stop the nonsense.

There is only one above average runningback on this team, and he cant run up the middle because he's too small.

I'm sick of a bunch of nobodies in the backfield.

11. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

yeah theres no way we should give up the 1st round pick for the guy. id rather just draft someone defensively for that slot then maybe get a running back second round then go after leonard for the fullback with the other second rounder

12. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

I LOVE Michael Turner. Love him. I think he will look terrific in Jets green. However, mark my word, it will not be for a first round pick. The Chargers front office is smart. Smart enough to realize that they can't afford to have both LT and Michael "the burner" Turner on their roster. The salary cap doesn't allow for that. Therefore i believe that no teams are going to balk at the 1st round tender and make the Chargers sign him and trade him for a second. Barring any competition, at least in my educated opinion, Michael "the burner" Turner will not need a first round pick.

13. McCareins 81

McCareins 81 New Member

Do it a heartbeat. Its a low 1st rd. pick and Turner would be a great brusing back who can eat up clock but also break the big one.

This guy is a 1,300 yrd back if LT is not in front of him.

14. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

i do not believe that anyone in this jets front office would do something to make the chargers think they would give up a first round pick for turner BEFORE they even tendered him. they said they want to have the important pieces set before draft, but there's no reason to make them think they can have a first rounder before they even tender the guy.

15. PennyandtheJets

16. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Just about to ask if anyone had video. Two things: that Chargers line was just destroying people. In many of those runs, he wasn't touched until it was a linebacker or safety, but two: I love the aggressiveness he shows on his runs, he FINISHED all of them. That was really great to see. I really liked the TD run against Buffalo at 2:00. He really just wanted that TD.

17. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Turner would be great in GREEN & WHITE!

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

our run blocking sucks.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

20. PennyandtheJets

I can understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it will be as bad as it was last year. Brick and Mangold were both rookies and should improve improve in this regard. There will be changes made because the Jets probably won't resign Anthony Clement.

You have to take into account that we had the two rooks playing and that three of the lineman were completely new to the team (Mandold, Ferguson, and Clement). Offensive lines need time to work together and if we keep most of the guys together they will improve.

#120 PennyandtheJets, Jan 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2007