Jets will try to trade Sanchez per Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DMarsh6, Dec 19, 2012.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Wouldn't that be hilarious!

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I know you still have battered Sanchez syndrome, but that is EXTREMELY unlikely that it will happen. Sanchez does not have the skill set to dominate anyone. If anything, he'll own the AFC east in turnov...oh wait.

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

even with a hint of sarcasm you still need to quote and correct me...

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

could you imagine Sanchez as your starter and Matt Cassel as your back up, between the two of them they have over a 100 turnovers in the last two years,100 turnovers and 1 butt fumble. This is what the back of the Mark Sanchez Trading card looks like for 2012

TD:13
    INT17
    F:12
    ButtFumble:1

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

nobody is gonna trade for that bum.

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I will root against the Jets every game if they take Mike Vick.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Broncos last year...there's always a fool right around the corner

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Why would the Cards take on so much salary and give up their 1st round pick this year in Mike Floyd AND a 3rd round pick?

I mean if that happens, I'll run around the town but that trade proposal gets you laughed at and hung up on if the Jets GM came to ARI GM with that.

9. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

that's a cool Dio in ur avatar

10. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

There is pretty much no place that would take Sanchez. Maybe Oakland, for a late round pick at best and they can try to see if having a good running game helps him. But I wouldn't hold my breath. The only other possibility is trading for some other loser with a big contract that the other team can't wait to get rid of, but again won't be anyone that is good.

One interesting one, that sort of stood out to me. Sanchez for Heyward-Bay from Oakland. Bay has been a disappointment, can't stay healthy, and his salary is 7 mil next year with a cap hit of 10 million, while Sanchez will have a cap hit of 12 million. He's from California and Carson Palmer sucks.

Bay isn't great, and probably is better off as a No. 3 type WR, but he would fill a hole for this team, and is still relatively young. We won't save much money, but we could have 2 speed guys in Hill and Bay, and two slot guys in Holmes and Kerley. That would also allow us to skip on taking a WR in next year's draft, and focus on OL and maybe TE in the draft.

Why Oakland would do it? I read a report (it's on Bay's rotoworld page) that they were shopping their WRs. Their QB situation sucks with Palmer. Sanchez is from California, so maybe they see a rejuvenation? I actually don't buy into the whole, hometown thing, since it's not like seeing familiar faces in the crowd is going to make you any more talented. But still a theory I guess. They have a good running game with McFadden. They also have one of the worst defenses in the game, but taking Sanchez could allow them to focus on defense this draft and try to win. Then, if he fails, they can rebuild the offense in the next draft. It's a bust for a bust deal, with similar pay, and fits the needs of both teams.

How would anyone else feel about this deal? Is it plausible? Does it work for them? Does it for us? I believe Bay can be a FA at the end of 2013, or he is pretty cheap. I'm not quite sure what his salary in red means on Spotrac.

11. Ted

Ted Member

If a trade is agreed upon, terms will include how much the other team is willing to pay in salary. That amount is subtracted from the 17 mil and the Jets are on the hook for the remainder. i.e. Assuming the Cards agree to a trade for Sanchez and pay 2.5 mil of his salary, the hit to the Jets cap would be 14.5 mil.

It's not a clean break but at least they get some relief. The other options obviously include cutting him prior to 1 Jun and absorbing the entire 17+ mil in 2013 or making him a June 1 cut and spreading the amount over 2013 (13 mil) and 2014 (5 mil).

#111 Ted, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  12. jetiron

jetiron New Member

The jets are shopping him and yet Sanchez feels disappointed that he is benched? It is mind boggling that key people in the Jets organization are so delusional from mgmt to players - like what me? what did I do wrong? lol... they just don't see it. Sanchez probably thinks he is still a football stud meanwhile Jet mgmt finally woke up and decide to shop his butt. I just hope whatever voodoo Sanchez might be casting over Jet mgmt isn't going to work this time in the form of another round of big bonus payments because the last time Jet mgmt explored another QB option, Sanchez ended up with more loot. It is going to be very difficult to trade him. Who in the world wants the worst rated QB in nearly all statistical measures for the last 2 years?

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Then we're really going to need a back up QB, because Vick never plays a full season.
    Also, if Vick couldn't succeed with Philly's playmakers what's he gonna do with ours?

14. jetiron

jetiron New Member

Philly has play makers? Their receivers have way more dropsies than the Jets. Vick and Alex Smith are definitely upgrades over Sanchez (not a high hurdle), but Jets should give McElroy a fair shot and start thinking of QB in draft. Got to start somewhere...but just get rid of Sanchez...PLZ.

15. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

LeSean McCoy alone is an upgrade.

16. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I don't like the idea of him coming here either. To injury prone.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

For about the 10 millionth time the Jets are broke from a cap standpoint. If they trade Sanshit straight up and pay none of his salary his cap hit is 9.5 million. If they have to pay some (or most) of his salary the cap hit is 9.5 million plus what ever they have to pay and this is for a team that goes into FA being 20 million over the cap for only 39 players.

18. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Raiders may bite. Palmer sucks, and Sanchaz is a California boy. Who knows, he may turn out like Pavano when he went to the Twins.

19. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I'd take McCoy, Maclin, or Jackson over any RB/WR on the Jets roster without thinking twice.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The real question to me is what sports organization (any freakin sport) goes out and announces they want to trade an average at best player 2 days after he was benched for shitting the bed on national TV (again)?

Seriously??!?

This isn't a superstar having team issues, this is a player who's played poorly for 2 years sans a few games here & there.

Is this just reporter speculation or is Tannenbaum that retarded to come out an announce this? Or are they/he really that infatuated with having a headline everyday.

:mad::shit: