Jets will sign either Scott or C/OGBrown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Feb 24, 2009.

1. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

There is only so much you can fit into a thread topic. Some boards offer sub-headers which is convenient in putting an additional qualifier on the thread's title. I thought it was pretty clear in the body that I was speculating, but just didn't have enough room to say anything more. I tried several different titles, and none worked.

Moore will get more money than Brown will on the open FA market. I think we could get Brown more cheaply, and the cap hit would be spread out... a lot lower than the 7 mil Moore would cost against the cap this year.

I just think Brown would make a lot of sense. Cheaper than Moore, especially on this year's cap, and he can play center or guard. Remember when Herm plugged Kendall in at center when Mawae went down, and what a disaster that was? Brown's versatility makes him a better fit than even Moore would be. We now have NOTHING behind Mangold. Moore wanted to get released... he knows he's looking at a big payday. So, he refused to renegotiate.

2. Mari0k

Mari0k New Member

Brown is going to Miami.
    Mark my words.

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

People were saying the same thing about Scott coming to the Jets a few days ago. What makes you so sure? (I don't follow Phins news very closely. I'm not saying you have no reason to believe that, I'm just wondering where you got that from :beer:)

4. Mari0k

Mari0k New Member

1) Numerous Reports.

2) Where I come from (thephins dot com) in the "club" level we have an "inside" source. That source has proved itself over and over again. This was actually brought up sometime mid octboer, thats when i read it for the first time. And from the looks of it, Ravens have their LB core first on their list of priorities, especially because Brown will be demanding TOP dollar. Dolphins sign him, draft a guard and a tackle in later rounds (depth) and they will be set. We all know that Bill goes after the linemen first, O and D.

5. ThunderbirdJet

Pretty smug. Not sure how you could be so sure, unless the Phins are guilty of tampering. All things being qual, which they aren't because we now have much more cap room than your fish, wouldn't Brown prefer to follow a coach he knows? you still need to replace Crowder too. Parcells loves those LB's as much as he loves linemen.

6. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

That, would shock me. Browns young, two year starter, has played multiple positions and has a reputation as a tenacious run blocker. Brown will get very good money, not Faneca money but maybe close.

7. Mari0k

Mari0k New Member

Again, can't post links.
    PBP blog:
    Why wouldn't he want to play for us?
    Our line is young, but if he signs it would easily be the top 5 line. We have a smart, experienced QB at the helm right now, and a good rookie waiting. We try to run the ball, and we have two solid RBs, Parcells is respected by everybody, our coach is a former Oline coach, while your HC was a D coordinator on the team he was on. Im pretty sure that Tuna/Ireland/Sparano won't have hard time at all finding common ground with him. I read somewhere that he is familiar with one of our assistant coaches also. Plus im not pulling this out of my ass, i have read at least 5 different reports of him being interested in Miami and vice versa. Haven't read much about him and NY. If anything, you guys will land Scott, if that. IMO you will make a play for Q or Yourmomma.

8. ThunderbirdJet

You could be right, maybe Brown gets more $ than Moore... but he would still be far less than the one year 6 mil cap hit moore would have been, so in that respect he would still be cheaper. Brown is younger, but what's the difference between 25 and 27 for a RG?

I don't see either Brown or Moore getting Faneca money. Faneca was a perennial pro bowler. These two are not nearly that accomplished.

Miami guy, I haven't read a thing about Brown signing with the Jets. However, the whole Moore thing only recently surfaced. No one of heard a thing about Coles until that happened.

FA's are unpredictable. Signing rumors abound, and all of a sudden, they sign with someone else. I agree, Miami's interest in him has been widely speculated, but the Jets could step onto the dance floor late and tap Parcells on the shoulder.

9. Mari0k

Mari0k New Member

Taping Bill on the shoulder is whole lot different than getting your shoulder getting taped by him. Good luck with that.

10. ThunderbirdJet

So, this has turned into a taping question? I said nothing about taping. Does Parcells need his shoulder taped? I've never had my shoulder taped, but if I did, I agree, I would not want Parcells to do it.

11. Mari0k

Mari0k New Member

Point is, Ill take my chances and say that Brown will end up in aqua.

12. Brown42000

Brown42000 New Member

Of course they are tampering but without proof nothing is going to happen. Just look at how fast they signed Smiley last off-season, no doubt they tampered.

13. Mari0k

Mari0k New Member

Give me a break
    Everbody tampers.
    EVERYBODY.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Did your club seat source tell you this too?

Edit: Excuse me "club" level.

15. ThunderbirdJet

No arguement from me on that.... tampering happens all the time.

Now that we just got another 4 mil in cap space, maybe we won't tap 'ol Billy boy on the shoulder. We'll just whack him with a baseball bat. :jets:

16. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

So Bill refuses to tape shoulders? This isnt sarcasm..Im serious. I have followed Mr. Parcells everywhere through his career..and I never heard that before.

I guess that would be the trainers job anyway....right? I had to have my shoulders taped when I was a kid...puberty and stuff..long story.

Anyway, its possible he does end up with the Dolphins..but lets be honest for a second(not that I wasnt being honest before/above) the team that has the money to spend will get the player. Someone will snake a better offer at the last minute. It will not be because Brown likes watching Parcells stuff his face up in the press box during games...or that your HC is a former OL.

The inside information that some Dolphin posters have mentioned in this thread is nothing more then a Dolphin official saying "man..we really want this guy".

If Brown has made his decision already..breaking news..the Jets know about it too. Nobody grabbed the 2 foot sub sandwich out of Bills mouth last year and said "Bill...Pace signed with the Jets..would you stop eating and please pay attention!!"

We will be the last to find out..and whatever has been decided..has been decided...just like Coles. The Jets didnt wake up today and have a bad Coles day. The Jets completion of the puzzle is probably already done..or has a couple options. The same should be said for the Dolphins. Both teams have front offices that usually dont get caught with their pants down (Kendall removed).

The only surprises left are us finding out...Parcells lunch and dinner menu tomorrow...and the Dolphin fans love and trust in your qb coming close to doing what he did last year...this year.

EDIT: To all my Dolphin friend fans on this site...have had a couple beers tonite..sorry for the Pennington negativity...but the passes he made last year...were passes he never made in all the years he was here..so he pisses me off...and I root for his demise regardless of the team...continue.

#36 jaywayne12, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  17. ThunderbirdJet

So is Miami out of the Bart Scott sweepstakes after signing Crwoder?

18. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Most likely. I was hoping Scott would replace Crowder, but it looks like I was wrong. That last minute stuff can change everything, but at least now we can focus more heavily on signing Brown....

19. ThunderbirdJet

That's what I was saying about free agency... somethimes things come out of left field. Everything I read said Crowder was gone... I guess Miami got worried Scott would sign with the Ravens before tonoght's FA deadline.

Do they still sign Y Bell with Wilson now on the roster? Any word on what these two signings cost on the cap?

20. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

No official word yet. Radio rumors are that they're very close to re-signing Bell, but who knows?? As for the cap, I don't know, and I don't want to specuate anything at this time. I'm really not one of those "numbers guys" who love keeping track of that stuff...