Jets will be picking 13th in the 2023 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

By definition the extra picks you trade to trade up are auto-injured and will never contribute to a strong deep roster.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

"we have built a solid roster through the draft, less QB."

Please show me the evidence of said "solid roster" ...we have a number of good players on the defense. After G Wilson the Offense suxs ..are you kidding??

3. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Don’t worry saleh will channel his inner Andy Reid and have joe d trade up and get us the next pat mahomes, he is so good at spotting qb talent.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  4. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Yea, our drafting has been awful. Lucky Sauce and Wilson were there for the taking.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

So y'all confident that a team which hasn't been able to solve their QB dilemma for decades, will in one short off season, find the man of their dreams? Once again, the final 2022 NFL AFC East Standings still have the Jets residing in the all too familiar cellar. Another late season mega collapse leaving the team with no answer at QB and a decimated OL, along with more coaching staff turmoil, may indicate the immediate future is not as promising as some sunshiners may suggest.

Bottom line is it's really not in the league's best financial interest to have two competitive teams in such a large captive market like NYC. They would rather have a successful team in small market expansion cities such as Jacksonville, where interest in the NFL does not appear to be off the charts. It's not about some bullshit 50 year old Namath curse which is used as a distraction - it's all about dollars and cents.

After this latest fiasco, it seems unlikely the Jets will be expelled from the league's shitter anytime soon. Besides, making the Jets organization and its fans a target for mockery best serves the interests of the league. Always need some group to disrespect and kick around to promote division and provide comic relief. As long as you don't let your babies grow up to be Jet fans, y'all should be good.

6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I don’t know if there is any situation where the Jets can afford to move up in the first round. If anything they should Trade down to get more 2nd and 3rd picks. If they stay At 13 , they should focus on one of the 3-4 areas. OL, LB, WR or DE

teamgreen likes this.
  7. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

Just remember the team that was built by former GM Mike Maccagnan and coached by Adam (Got My Eyes On You) Gase. Was there any part of that team that didn't need to be overhauled?? So many holes it can't be done in just one or two drafts. Not only starters but a deeper bench.This year OL, Edge rusher, WR, Guard. Free agent QB. Still lots of needs.

RochesterJet, Nyjets4eva and mattyd99 like this.
  8. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

So Breece Hall isn’t good either? We def have talent we need a consistent QB and better Oline

9. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Conklin is a WAY BETTER receiver though.

NYJ1970 likes this.
  10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

We are very weak at QB, Oline, LB, S, and interior DL.
    It’s a 7-10 roster, hardly solid.

11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yup…we went from bottom of the barrel to midpack…had we gotten even league average QB play, we’d be a playoff team

but I guess shoulda woulda coulda and all that

we need to fix our OL…JD is going on year 4 now and we should be much better on OL than we are…and we need a decent QB…then we need a real pass rusher at edge, plus help at LB and S, if we want this defense to be elite

but while our defense is very good but maybe not really elite, I do think it’s good enough to win with even as is

we need to fix our ducking offense and I would devote most of the draft to that…

dmw likes this.
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

JDs first year we went 7-9. In three years he's built us into a 7-10 team. Not exactly the fastest rebuild. Especially when you consider Seattle is in year 1 of their rebuild. Detroit, Jacksonville, Pitt, and Phily are in year 2. Maybe we'll sneak into 9-7 next year, but I doubt it. Forget QB, were way to many big bodies away.

I think most here will be surprised how much our roster turns over this year.

13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The 2022 draft was epic; an epic success!

NYJ1970 likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

lol Breece is just one player..

"we have talent" ..Please explain

EDIT: You must mean a handful of talent

Ralebird likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

The situation is not good..

When's Woody big Press Conference??

16. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

hopefully asap

17. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Conklin is not really a “WAY BETTER” receiver.
    In 5 NFL Seasons Conklin has 7 TDs
    In the same 5 seasons CJ has 13 TDs
    Only in 2 of his five seasons does Conklin have more than 20 catches (58 and 61)
    CJ has over 20 in 4 of those 5, yes top totals are less 49 and 43, but CJ has higher YPC.

I think they are pretty comparable but I would lead toward CJ the better player. MLF called plays that targeted Conklin 87 times and CJ 27 this year because he is a dumbass and does not know how to keep all players involved, Almost every back and receiver at points this season seemed to be forgotten and disappeared.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Paris Jackson should be the pick. He just declared himself for the upcoming draft.

Jojo and heartpumpsgreen like this.
  19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Very weak at QB sure. Not sure I'd say very weak at OL. Need to fill some holes but it's not as dire as some making it seem. LB very weak? No. S? No. Need a rangy safety though.

JetFanInPA likes this.
  20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Don't trade up. Take the best OL, OLB or WR possible.