Jets Wide Receiver Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rambo13, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

If Dwayne Jarrett is there with our first pick, he has to be in consideration for the pick no matter who we have at WR.

2. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Today's perfomrance out him in the Top 15. If he is the player that slips this year, I agree he should be given serious consideration by Tangini.

3. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I still just have no idea how some people believe talents like Jarrett and Johnson will fall out of the top 10. They're both phenomenal.

4. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Johnson obviously won't, but Jarrett has not had the same type of impact he had with Leinart which has lead him to slip a little bit. He has turned it up late in the year, but with Johnson and Ginn Jr. potentially ahead of him, it is conceivable that he could slip into the 20s and in fact, many of the rankings and mock drafts have placed him there.

for example: NFL Draftcountdown had him going 21 overall.

5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

He might not have been as utterly dominant as he was as a sophomore, but there are three games that people are going to remember from his play this past season, in the three games that many people could have easily seen as SC's three biggest. 11 for 136 and 2 scores vs Nebraska, 7 for 132 and 3 tds vs ND, and of course 11 for 203 and 2 tds today (inc. one certified toasting of Leon Hall). I think that all three guys are all great WR talents, and with the questionable nature of WR classes from time to time, I think the teams will stock up early.

6. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I didn't necessarily think he would be there with our pick but if he was I wanted to point out my approval for drafting a WR even if we have 2 starters already. Also, stranger things have happened, people drop in the draft for almost no good reason and who knows, the guy might not even come out, might test poorly, etc.

7. Force

Force New Member

Steve Smith would be a nice fit for our system. He runs good timing routs which is what Pennington works best with.