Jets Waive Danny Woodhead

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 4jetfans, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

I desperately want Harris to lay him on his ass.

And you all know his story is going to be the big lead up to MNF...have to see his beady little head all damn week.

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

PS: To put his numbers in perspective, over a 16 games season (he'll only play 15 this year at the most) his stats average:

624 rushing yds with 6 TDs

434 recieving yds with 2 TDs

for a grand total of: 1'058 yds from the line of scrimmage with 8 TDs. And he's not even the starter!!!

And you guys are telling me those numbers can be attributed to the system only!? The system helps... but isn't the only factor here.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Ok your right... Tom Brady being his QB probably helps a little too.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly... it helps A LOT... an the system they run helps too... I'm just saying it's not ONLY that.

I think many fans are just pissed he's putting up numbers in NE and want to think everything Tanny (which I LOVE) does is genius. Most is, but he misses some as well... and IMO (prediction coming) in 5 yrs we'll be pissed we kept a guy like Cumberland and let Woodhead go).

That said every team let's players go that produce big elsewhere... heck, the leading rusher of the NFL was on the PS 10 weeks last year and the leading reciever had been a disappointment up to now in his career... shit happens.

#104 Mambo9, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahaha... good one!

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Well obviously or else they could pay me a quarter of what Woodhead makes to go out there.

Like I already said he is a solid player that has found himself in the perfect situation for his talents.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

McKnight has exactly what Woodhead would have had on this team: 0 opportunities in this offense to carry the ball. Unless Tomlinson or Greene go down with an injury McKnight isn't going to get a carry outside of a blowout and Woodhead would not have gotten a carry outside of a blowout.

On this team, Woodhead would be a ST player, period.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

And, looking at how he's playing ST in NE, he would be better than McKnight at that too :p.

That said I agree he wouldn't have had as many chances here in NY but it takes a lot of Jets love to say that McKnight would perform better than Woodhead (if he was still here) if called upon right now.
    In 2, 3 yrs maybe... but that's a long time in the NFL.

Looking at LT's age I wouldn't have minded to have his short white bad copy over here just in case he runs out of gas or hurts himself...

9. Johnny_Sample

Johnny_Sample New Member

Woodhead was only okay on special teams with the Jets last year. And in the game against Miami he was responsible for Ted Ginn breaking one of the kick return TD's. I'm glad to see the guy doing well with New England, but really, he would not be getting much of an opportunity this season with the Jets. And I have absolutely no problem with the Jets coaching staff deciding that McKnight was worth keeing at the expense of Woodhead.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

How many of those fucking yards would he have on this team?

Are we really going to harp on a guy that would have zero playing time here?

Who cares? I have never seen so much whine over a guy that wouldn't see a lick of playing time in my life.

Holy shit why don't you start a fucking Joel Dreesen thread..........

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

However many McKnight got at the end of the Buffalo game.
    Your quote in my sig.
    People who aren't satisfied with talking about a win.
    Dreessen is too tall.

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lmao pretty much yeah.....

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

1) If he had the same playing time I'd say he'd have around 60-70% of those yds (but that's a total guesstimate, agree to disagree).

2) Ok so just because up to now he wouldn't have been playing we can't be pissed at giving away talent?

Bears fans not pissed they let Lloyd go? Sure, he's the leading WR in the league but hey, he didn't play when he was there so clearly he'd be of no use!

And I'm sure Broncos fans where estatic to see Hillis go.. hey, he can't find playing time here with our 5 shitty RBs, what value in keeping him!

Jets fans get pissed they lost Danny Ware (173 total yds in 4 yrs in this league)!

Sure, to show the world what you've got you have to be given a chance... but if you're not given a chance it's not a logical assumption that you don't have talent!

All I'm saying is it's always a good idea to have the best possible players on the team.. regardless of wether they see the field or not! If LT blows out a knee tomorrow (hope not) it would be real helpful to have a guy like Woodhead... a lot more than having a guy like Cumberland.

3) Dressen sucks. 1 good game in the NFL happens... 8 straight good games start being less of a coincidence.

I find it amusing how many reason some fans can find to try to convince themselves cutting Woodhead was a good idea.

At the time I thought it was, but I have no problems admitting my mistakes, some of you should too...

#113 Mambo9, Nov 21, 2010
  14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong guys... I'm not bitching! I'm very happy the Jets won...

I just prefer to discuss on how/where we can get better rather than posting "Hell yeah we fucking won we are the best etc etc"... Even a 16-0 team can get better on some aspects of it's game and I want to talk about that.

I'm trying to bring facts to this discussion... not going on about "Tanny is an idiot", "Schotty sucks balls" etc etc...

#114 Mambo9, Nov 21, 2010
  15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

How long before this thread hits 500 replies? 1000? I've got my money on pretty soon....:rolleyes:

16. hang3xc

hang3xc Member

Woodhead has been on fire since coming to the Pats. He was awesome today AGAIN in the role he plays. Right after he scored he leveled the ball carrier on the next kickoff for almost no gain. The kid is a PLAYER. I question his durability/longevity, but if they limit his touches he could last. I wouldn't doubt if Kevin Faulk retired after this season.

17. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I guess his ability to dodge tackles up there in Foxboro is a result of the system he plays in. That 40yrd+ TD run was all due to the system.
    Whether or not Woodhead would have had any carries w/Greene & LT playing healthy is irrelevant. The bottomline is that McKnight was kept & Woodhead was let go. And so far, its looks like the CS missed the boat on this one.
    Its early, but if McKnight makes it, you can shove this post down my throat.
    And the explanation for his success in New England is "the system"?
    This CS saw him everyday in training camp --- the PATS see him for like what? 5/6 plays in exhibition & knew right away that this guy fit their "system". C'mon.