Jets vs Vikings Discussion Thread ‎

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Oct 3, 2010.

1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Even if they trade for moss, he'll have zero impact. it's gonna be Wednesday and they still have to work out the extension aspect of the deal. he doesn't know the playbook and even if he gets traded tomorrow, he'll have like 1 day of practice max.

the pats must really believe they're not gonna win this year. Stocking up picks I bet and want their young guys to develop

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

So every game is a trap game till we lose now? What the hell?!

If Moss does arrive I'm sure two savvy Vets like Moss and Favre could build some chemistry quick but Revis is back and will make Moss his bitch. If anything they'll waste too much time on those two and forget the rest.

Jets are going to win, I say 27-13.

Holmes is a unknown factor for the rest of the league so that's a big advantage right there. Favre still looks old, even if they got Andre Johnson Favre would still look old. This is the first time he came back and said I'm doing this because I owe it to the Vikings. I don't think he's had that fire we're so used to seeing all season.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Adam S. Just tweeted that according to sources he'd be shocked if Moss was not traded.

That'll come with a new deal for Moss, Vikings making some dumb moves this year.

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Full blown panic mode. they know their window was last year and supposed to be this year.

With a 40 year old qb and an aging offensive line, this is their last shot to do anything. Too bad it's not a very good shot.

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Schefty tweeting again:

Randy Moss and Vikings haven't discussed new deal at all. Moss will head to Minnesota like Richard Seymour headed to Oakland - without deal.

this confirms what was just said on Mike and Mike ten minutes ago.

works for me. Speculation swirling on M&M that the Pats may look to swing some of those extra DP's (8 in the first 4 rounds alone) that they may try and trade for V-Jax. Which is fine for next year, but this year they would be looking at several games before Jax gets functioning and they may be in dire straights by then. But for the future I would be pissed off if they essentially delt Moss for V-jax

6. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

This sucks way more than the Moss trade:

http://twitter.com/#!/Adam_Schefter/status/26542866657

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What's he have to know? Run down the field as fast as you can and catch the bomb that Favre will be throwing at you. I think he can figure that out even if he shows up Monday morning.

8. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I agree Don ... Moss will be told run fast and get down the field. I would expect Farve to try and force throws deep to Moss because he is his new toy, but that should result in extra time to generate pressure and some bad throws that will result in adding to his 6 INTs.

I doubt they trade for VJax...he has already proven to not be a team guy, care more about money, and put himself before everything else. That is part of the reasoning behind trading Moss - he spoke up about wanting to get an extension. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't deal for Lee Evans - good guy, knows the AFC East, can play in nasty conditions, and the Bills are in fire sale mode.

I would match Moss up with Cromartie - he played him well in week two and I don't think you want Revis involved in all out sprints down the field.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yeah, thats the Pats MO. In certain situations, I wish we would trade back and stockpile picks not just for that year, but for the next as well. However, every draft we have had (jury still out on this year) under Tanny has been great, a couple misses, but every draft has come with multiple Booms as well.

I would NOT trade drafts (last 5 years) with the Patriots for anything. We have acquired exceptional talent while they have stockpiled picks and gotten a minimal talent influx for there efforts.

One year I believe it was 2007, they drafted like 11 players, and 1 guy made the team at the end of august 2008!

That year they acquired starting safety Brandon Merriweather, we acquired Darrelle Revis, David Harris and Chansi Stuckey and Mike Devito (undrafted). Stuckey essentially netted us Braylon Edwards (plus some DP's. and Trusnick, but Stuckey was key to the deal) so yeah I am ok with that.

11. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

just heard on the radio the moss deal is done.

12. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Welker and the Pats TEs won't be running free anymore

13. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

why? is he being traded back to the Pats on Tues?

we should only see him twice. :wink:

15. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

haha damn brain not working this morning. good call.

UNLESSSSS... they make it to SB.. :wink:

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Maybe he thinks the Vikes are going to the SB....LOL.

17. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I partially agree. I love what Tanny has done, so I can't even whisper a complaint. But at some point I would love to acquire (or keep our) 7 picks and just pick BPA. Of course, each draft there's always those couple of guys I'd break the bank for, so WTF am I talking about :smile:.

18. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Moss will be 100% fine playing. Favre will just tell him to run a route.

I love this trade though. This really fucks the patriots hopes of winning the division, and we all know the dolphins are terrible.

19. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Damn... this makes me even more nervous for Monday. :-/

20. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Crazy how things work in this league. It's really not about how a team starts off a season, but rather how much they're rolling entering the playoffs.

Giants? Cardinals?

Wouldn't be surprised if Vikings make it to SB. They are not much changed from last year's NFCCG team. and now + Moss? Don't count them out too early.