Jets vs Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i82much

i82much New Member

Ravens fan here. I read through most of this thread. As I was reading through the posts, I just kept noticing the same thing, over and over again. So please don't label me a troll. I just have to come out and be brutally honest with everyone about this thread.

ConcordeChops has the greatest avatar of all time.

That is all.

2. i82much

i82much New Member

Actually in all seriousness I think the teams are awfully close on paper, and this will come down to QB play. Both Sanchez and Flacco have made strides and the guy who is smart enough to throw it away instead of force the ball downfield probably comes away on the winning team. While both teams have playmakers on O, there is just going to be too much D in the stadium to expect any kind of a blowout.

3. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

can time go any fuking slower? it's 12:12 on a fuckin wednesday. i'm dying.

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I hear ya. At least we have Hard Knocks tonight and there is a decent NFL game on tomorrow. The waiting until Monday night part as opposed to Sunday will definitely be rough.

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If I were the Ravens, I'd be gameplanning to "punch the Jets in the face"... in other words, running and run defense. Being that the teams are so similar their best bet would be to outdo us at the physical aspect of the game.

The Ravens may have a superior passing game due to their QB, however their deficiency in the defensive backfield likely gives the Jets the advantage in the passing game. The Jets need to take advantage of that and try to snag a few easy scores.

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

This should prove to be a great first game of the season for us... a damn good challenge. I expect the Ravens to be among the toughest teams in the AFC this year. Winner of this game could end up having playoff implications at the end of this season.

It will likely be a low scoring game, I would expect something like 17-13 or such... it will come down to turnovers. The team that plays the most mistake free ball will likely be the winner.

Of course I'm picking the Jets... :up:

7. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

agreed that turnovers are obvioulsy key in this game....and sorry, my dark sider tenedencies are coming back, but I think we lose the turn over battle (based on the extreme inability to hold onto the ball in pre season), and lose the game. Ravens 20-16.

8. xxedge72x

I also think we'll all be talking about Braylon Edwards come Tuesday... for good or for bad. Monday night he's going to make an impact.

9. Inafalcs

Inafalcs Member

McKnight fumbled 3 times. Conner and Washington each had 1. Shonne Green has 0. LT had 0. I really don't see Conner getting many carries. So who do you see coughing up the ball at RB?

I really hope Sanchez improved enough to not blow games, I'm not really expecting him to come from behind if the defense is blowing it.

10. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

No matter the outcome of this game, this is only the first of TWO games being played between the Jets and Ravens...

11. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

doesn't matter to me who turned it over, it's been a common theme through the preseason. Believe me i hope i'm wrong, but the turnovers scared me more in preseason than the lack of offense in general.

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'm expectign a complete war against a team. like us, that has high hopes but is missing some key players right now. This should end up a low scoring, nail biter of a game. I can't fucking wait!

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Before camp I thought Edwards was poised to make a real statement this year. But his pre-season was not much. But then neither was Sanchez's.

Still, if Edwards is going to show us something, now's the time to start. And by show us I don't mean dropped passes. I don't think we see them.

14. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Jets 31
    Ravens 3
    I did not say Sanchez was going crazy, but feel he will score 2 TD's after a defensive blowout. We will score on special teams and defensive turnovers. That will make it easy for Sanchez. Look out for LT out of the backfield!
    This is a statement game!

15. 624

624 Banned

They are looking through 13 pages of a thread, picking out the few bad posts and saying that all of us are being cocky.

The few retarded posters are bringing us down.

Of course being a fan of your team you will give them the slight edge, it's not uncommon to predict your own team to win. Other boards have to realize that....and I agree people predicting 30+ point blowouts are completely out of hand.

Most of us are being reasonable and respecting the Ravens as legit SB contenders as well though.

16. 624

624 Banned

Ignore the playoff Mark Sanchez and only focus on the preseason one!

By the way, a fun note that no one seems to realize, every game this preseason the Jets had the lead when the starters left the game.

...and before people start saying how we played our starters more to win or blitzed a lot, that is our defense, and our starters played pretty much equal the opponents in the games

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Whooooaaah... someone is mixing the kool-aid stronger than jack around here... :breakdance:

18. xxedge72x

Agreed. Monday is going to be a great opportunity for the offense to show it can take advantage of weaknesses in the opposition's secondary. I still expect the Jets to run first pass second but its not a stretch to expect the Jets... Edwards in particular to perform well.

19. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

same winning formula.......JETS rushing/passing 175yds/140yds + good D....thats how we did it last year and its how well do it this year.

20. Big Papi

Big Papi New Member

How many carries does Shonn Greene get?

Do you think he can get over 100yds on this ravens D?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.