Jets vs Phi Week 5 2019 - Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 7, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs

Ryan Lewis/Corey Clement - thank you for botching that punt return to set the jets up in the red zone so we didn't get shut out

Vyncint Smith - congrats, you went from practice squad player who hasn't played a down this season, to tied with Leveon Bell for most TDs on the jets this season all in 1 week

Defense/Special Teams - for still having more TDs then the offense 4 games into the season (3 to 2)

Bell - for getting 95% of the offenses touches. (ok actually finished at 65% because of being pulled at the end but at the half he had like 16 of the 18 offensive touches. predictable much?)

Mclendon - for having our lone sack

Hewitt - all jokes aside. kid is a baller. I don't miss williamson at all or Lee. Hewitt was everywhere and playing hard. 10 tackles and 1 TFL

Lac Edwards - aka jets 2019 MVP. 8 punts for a 51 yard average and a long of 56. He currently leads the NFL in punts, yards, net yards, and he's 7th in inside 20 (and 1 away form being ties for 2nd) that alone wouldn't sound that impressive because of our offense, however remember all the other punters played an extra game because of our early bye week. it's that bad.

Defense - all jokes aside out defense played well. Held philly to 265 total yards despite getting drained form always being on the field. I'm surprised how well the defense is playing all things considered

Duds

Gase - ok his 1 call on the reverse to smith was nice, outside of that it was a garbage game. We opened the game with 2 runs up the middle for 1 total yard gained making it a 3rd and 9 then we were sacked for a 9 lard loss. opening drive for the jets, 3 plays -8 yards 2:05. then there was the decision to try for a 55 yard FG instead of going for it on 4th down. Just overall awful coaching job

Falk - ok to be fair it's not his fault he sucks but man does he suck. He highhandedly cost the jets 14 points (pick 6 and fumbled returned for a TD) while having 0 effect on the 1 TD we got (muffed punt followed by a 19 yard run play for a TD). he can't even throw a ball or pose a threat. I hope he's gone next year. he isn't even worth a PS spot

O-line - allowed 10 sacks to a team that only had 3 on the season coming into the game

Trumaine - was awful once again. racking up penalties. I can't see him being on the roster in 2020 regardless of what it'll cost us

Sam Darnolds Spleen - why won't you shrink back to normal size already?

2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I wonder if we can convince the redskins to take tru for norman both have been under performing to say the least

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Getting back Darnold will remedy a lot of issues. Baldy broke down a play where Falk just didn't pull the trigger. There were a few times where he had time to throw and he just didn't. Maybe it was because no one was open, but Darnold is very good at finding the open read initially....Falk isn't an NFL QB. Come back Sam!

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Super Dud! Get in gear, spleen! :)

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Defense did a very good job outside that 1st Philly TD.

I thought we'd see a lot more wildcat.

Le'Veon Bell is a stud. He's carried the load and kept his chin up while doing so.

Gase has got to improve his body language...it's making things worse.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'd add Quinnen completed an entire game and showed some growth in the middle. Had an almost nice sack that Wentz ducked out of, but at least that was a learning experience. 5 tackles overall. Not really a stud but its growth for the young guy.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Trumaine Johnson proved one again to be a wasted roster spot.

Between him and Leo's propensity to play like shit and draw penalty flags...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i mean it's positive but not worth making him a stud over

ouchy likes this.
  9. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Coming into the game, the Eagles had the worst pass defense in the NFL. You can't make this stuff up.

10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Studs:

Anyone smart enough to not watch a single play from this shit game.

Duds:

Anyone not smart enough to actually watch this shit game.

Jets69 and 94Abraham like this.
  11. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Darnold's spleen is a total bust. Doesn't love football. Workout warrior. Golston 2.0

12. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

I have to add Gannon and Harland as duds. I thought the Went missed snap would be called in the grass and Falks backwards pass was called wrong. Maybe I was completely wrong on these plays, but could the announcers at least address these?
    And the delay of game before the half was on our all-pro C