Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

He's also 0-2 at Foxboro. The only reason you won yesterday's game was because you guys could run the ball against the medicore Colts defence. Good luck next week. Sanchez looked really sharp against the Colts!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yeah...that's the only reason. :rolleyes:

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It is true, this game could come down to Sanchez's game. He has played poorly in his 2 trips to Foxboro, but the third time will be the charm. Get some help from his D, and the Jets move on to a 2nd straight title game.

4. 624

624 Banned

We won the game because we ran the ball well.

That is a very, very bad way to win.

5. JetFanInTampa

JetFanInTampa Banned

Ran the ball and held the Peyton and the Colts O to 16 pts at home, terrible win!

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

brady is also 0-2 @jets the past 2 years. who gives a fuck.

jets can run the ball on any defense in the nfl. its all about the game plan. last game shit got too out of hand too early, and the players basically quit.

if you seriously think the patriots defense is really good...well then you are fuckin mentally challenged. the pats d has been clicking lately, but that d is still young as my cock.

7. 624

624 Banned

Well the game is in Foxboro so it's kind of relevant.....but the rest of his post was shit.

8. JetFanInTampa

JetFanInTampa Banned

Pats D is much improved, but its far from great. They let a backup qb light them up just a few weeks ago. If the Jets can run on them, which they should be able to do, we will have a shot.

9. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

I know it's not the best excuse, but there wasnt much Matt Flynn film to watch, no tendencies to queue in on.

Jets need to stop the Pats early and put up 7 instead of 3 or 0. If the Pats take a 10+ point lead early and force the Jets to play catch up then Sanchez has been prone to make mistakes in Foxboro. Until he overcomes whatever bugs him about the place the Jets will have a hard time, he has 7 picks in 2 games there, those are points going in the opposite direction that the Jets can't afford.

10. GreenerPastures

I have to C&P. From JetsFaninTampa:

"Pats D is much improved, but its far from great. They let a backup qb light them up just a few weeks ago. If the Jets can run on them, which they should be able to do, we will have a shot. "

We beat that back up QB.

This is the kind of talk that irks me. Not just about the Pats about any team. Who cares of you win by 1 pt or 50 pts ? Who cares if you struggle to get the win? Who cares if you play 3 crappy qtrs and pull a win out of your ass in the last 2 minutes. You still won. IMO, it doesn't diminish the win at all, it points towards the teams resiliency, toughness and ability to overcome the odds.

The JETS pulled one off in the last minute and a half of last nights game. they " struggled " against a banged up Colts. So what ? You won. Does it make your team less impressive because you had to fight to the death to get the W ? No, it doesn't.

Would you say GB's offense with that back up QB was more impressive than your offense, or the Bears offense ? Probably not, but our defense held them to very few points.

You're correct, we don't have a great defense, per se. But they are getting the job done. And a + 28 in takeaways is pretty flipping impressive. Sometimes you have to look at the overall picture.

In the end all that counts is the W after your name. Who'll get it this Sunday ? I have no idea. But let's say you struggle against us, but squeak out a W in the last minutes of the game.... will I feel better ? Will you feel bad about the sloppy W ?

I think that is the silliest arguement ever to justify why one team will beat another.

11. GreenerPastures

12. GreenerPastures

wrong thread.....deleted

13. dstotz

dstotz New Member

Does anybody know what Hotel the JETS are staying at for the Patriots playoff game on Jan 16?

#433 dstotz, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  14. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

take bradys cock out of your ass

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Sanchex started poorly but finished 9-11...missed some big opportunities to make that game a blow out.

They need to look at how the Packers played th epats a few weeks ago. Brady should have had at least 2 INTs -- coul dhave been 4 and if not for a 68 yard return by an offensive lineman they lose to a backup QB.

The Jets need to not turn the ball over, run, pass effectively and the biggest thing they need to do something in the 1st qtr. If they go 3 and out on 3 possessions they are doomed. This offense cannot get off to a slow start on Sunday. Taking possessions away from Brady is the key - the best way is to run and create long time consuming drives that end in TDs. Turnovers woul dbe nice but the Pats just don't turn the ball over this season. Give Brady his completions but hold them to FGs like we did with the Colts and it is game on!

16. GreenerPastures

Most teams stay in one of the following in Providence, RI:

Renaissance, Westin or Hilton

17. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

[​IMG]

18. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

Gonna be a great game, I expect Rex Ryan to have his team prepared and ready to play the Pats* on Sunday, unlike last time. Go Jets!

:pats_suck: (*Team got caught cheating)

19. RUSH

RUSH Member

Hope the Jets* make it a game this time.
    (*Team got caught cheating)

20. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

Peyton has 42 come from behind wins. That says a lot, you won two superbowls with a kicker you dont have any more, you can have the best turnover in the history of regular season, it doesnt mean shit in the playoffs, i dont want to go back to your unbeaten season because i dont want you to get teary eyed. SO STOP TROLLING