Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. GreenerPastures

Hey Pats-hater:

Meet me. I am 53 years old. I have been a season ticket holder since 1979. My sister worked for the law firm that represents the Pats, Celtics and Bruins. I met and know many of the players and staff from when she worked there. Steve Nelson picked me up thumbing in 1982 and he gave me a good talking to about a woman thumbing and the dangers. He also became my friend.

You live in Mass. and haven't met any Pats fans prior to the 01 SB ? Really ? Do you live in a fish bowl or is that just your blanket response to any Pats fan ? I've only been on this MB a short time, but I have seen you write it more than once.

Anyhooo, I'd be more than happy to meet you for drinks or coffee and let you meet a non bandwagoner fan and have an intelligent discussion. Given my age I have lots and lots of non bandwagon friends and family, whom I'm sure would be happy to meet you and let you know we not only exist, but that we have pretty high numbers. And that's not snark, that's an offer. Don't expect to change your mind, but at least you can come out of that grey area you seem to be in: thinking there are no long time Pats fans. Some of us have known the same agony you Jets fans have of one disappointing season after another. So yeah, we have been " on top of the world " the last few years. It's because we have " been there " and are savoring each good year.... cuz it won't last forever.

2. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

If football was Rock and Roll, the pats would be Styx.

If football was Hip Hop, the pats would be Vanilla Ice.

3. Woody the Wabbit

Woody the Wabbit New Member

Congrats on beating the Colts. Long time reader, figured it was a good week to join.

4. 624

624 Banned

Then what happened?

5. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

use the same gameplan and we have a shot but the jets gotta shake things up a little on defense to cover the TE's

pretty boy and belicheat will be studying the colts game alot

6. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think so too, particularly the coverages. They want to be more successful then the Colts were in moving the ball.

7. Patriot Ron

Patriot Ron New Member

:steelers:

Greetings GG...

I am actually a long time member here , I just havent posted in years. I read here often still but figured I'd drop in a post ..
    First Congrats on your win yesterday I had picked you to win early in the week and then changed it yesterday listening to all the so called experts.

I know there will be many predicting how the Jets will beat NE and its a Jet board so its expected. Anything could happen you never know in the NFL it could be like week 2 or week 13 or it could be like yesterday and be a slugfest won at the last second. I'm not going to say the JETS cant win we all know they can. I will say that for the Jets to win next week they will need a perfect game while NE has a error filled game. I think NE's O matches up very well with the Jets D , and NE's D has done nothing but improve all season. LB Spikes will be back for this game as well.

I honestly wanted the Colts to win so that NE had to wait for the Colts to get past Pitt to come play in the cold of NE or Pitt who NE owns to come in had NE got past Balt/KC winner. But hey you guys are next so be it.

I see it going 34 - 20 Patriots with NE getting the ball back and running it on a long time consuming drive to go up by 2 TDs at the end to get the win and using the Jets method to gain victory.
    I know this wont be liked but everyone has his/her views.
    Congrats again and goodluck!
    Ron

8. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Lets go JETS! WE believe and we will win!

9. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Thanks for sharing, Nostradumbass.

10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The guy made a classy, reasonable post. What's the problem? He wasn't being a jackass ... you are. Show some class as a Jet fan. You make us all look bad.

#310 truthbtold, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Welcome back Ron. Thanks for sharing that, as it's always refreshing to have a Pats fan who posts here without spewing a load of BS and troll all over our shoes.

12. dex13

dex13 New Member

does that means that the Jets are Matchbox 20 and Milli Vanilli?

13. dex13

dex13 New Member

The game will be a brutal match. It will come down to the Jets run game. If they can run on the Pats D-line, then the Jets have a chance. I doubt that the Pats will go 40+ again, but if the Jets can keep them in the 20s, then the game will be close and the Jets will have a chance at the end.

14. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

fuck you:pats_suck:

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

One funny post (The elway-tebow thing) and right back to idiotic. Oh well...

16. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Didn't mean to demean the poster, just the prediction- which is why I only quoted that part.

#316 James Calvin, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Um, this isn't a dating site.

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

But.... what do you think? :up: :rofl:

19. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I can't believe some of you are falling for this "classy Patriots fan" crap. Fuck them. A Pats fan that posts here is the worst kind of fan, because they are irrelevant on their own home team's board so they come here looking to be feared or respected. Well you are getting neither from me. We all know you guys were rooting for the Colts because you KNEW that if the stars aligned and you were forced to face us again this season after that Monday night debacle, the Jets were going to get in that ass. Sweet dreams you tea baggers.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I want to see pics of her feet before I will comment.