Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. mystikol

mystikol New Member

This board is really good about not banning posters. If they were anything less, a few of the guys is this thread would have been gone already, but that's not the case. You know this if you've been paying attention.

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I don't care how it happens, I just want to leave Foxborough with a win.

3. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Only way we win this game is if our run game can be as effective as it was in the 2nd half tonight, throughout the whole game, and keep Brady's ass on the bench. I have no confidence in this defense being able to stop the Pats offense, and I don't trust Sanchez up there, in Foxboro, if we fall behind. He has been HORRIBLE in his 2 career games up there

If we can't control the clock, we're fucked

4. NEtroll

NEtroll Banned

Talk about how good they are? What team is that your talking about?.Dont watch TV HUH?. First of all I want to congratulate the ganggreen and all my neighbor NJ jet fans for a great win. But seriously, some of these guys that come on here go from fighting each other, cursing the jets to "we are the best thing on turf, everyone else sucks". All of my friends that are Jets fans are pretty humble. Stats dont mean shit. You win you move on, You lose you go home. Next weeks gonna be a great game. To think the jets are going to come in and kick our ass is silly, just because you beat the Colts. It can go either way. Any given sunday. I'm on a few Pats sites, as well as other teams and they're are very few cocky Pats fans, if any saying they are going to kick the Jets ass. Maybe check yourself dude. You are WAY off base.

#184 NEtroll, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  5. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

6. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

You have posted 3 or 4 times about this. Why are you so concerned about what Rex says? Maybe you are misconstruing what he is saying? If you take a step back and take the gaytriots glases off, you will see he has given props to Brady & Bellicheat every time the Jets play them. Its always the same line - Pats have a better QB & HC. This is coming form our HC. Why can't that be construed as a prop to the Pats. I see that it is. You don't?

The whole "fat rex" and "big mouth" name calling is rediculous. It comes mostly from Pat & Fin fans. Are you pissed that your coach thinks his team is part of the secret service? I kow why fin fans are pissed - cause they are wishing Rex went to Miami...

Whats your beef with Rex. He's given your team the props and respect it gets. Jets fans are all too aware that Brady is in a battle with Manning, year after year for the #1/#2 QB spot of all time. Be thankful you have Brady. When he retires the Pats will sink back into a decade of mediocrity.

7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Still, Rex will say something to fan the flames. You know he will.

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm sure he will but if that's what the Pats are relying on you guys could be in trouble. Like I stated a few weeks ago I could care less what he says. It has no bearing on me.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cocky Pats fans need to calm the fuck down with their team predictions

11. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

You're a pretty respectful poster so I will refrain from the high school flaming but I pose a rhetorical to you.

What can he say - "we're coming to beat you" "We have to exploit the weaknesses in the defense" ?

What should he say? "We might win" "I don't think we have a chance" "Our offense might not be able to put up any points they are so good"

Just curous as to what you think? I really do understand that having Belli for a coach makes everyone think that its hush hush. However, when the Jets were trying to be more "patriot like" with Mangini, I absolutely hated it. And quite honestly it didn't fit the culture of the mostly blue collars that have been following this team for a long time.

Rex has brought an identity and a swagger/confidence to his team. In turn, the fans as well. If you take a step back, you can actually find what he says entertaining. I am sure a lot of other team's fans wish they had Rex as a coach. Look at Caldwell - his press conferences are just heavy breathing for Christs sake. Rex is a breathe of fresh air for a franchise that has sucked for most of its history.

The best part, opposing teams can't look at the schedule and circle a W on the Jets game day anymore.

#191 fozzi58, Jan 9, 2011
  12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Truer words have never been spoken. We tried being the Patriots with Mangini and it failed. Pats fans also hated Manginis guts...now they hate Rex for his talking, things don't really change. At least the Jets have their own identity and you don't win the Superbowl by copying other teams.

13. NEtroll

NEtroll Banned

Any given sunday:wink:

14. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Opposing fans only harp on Rex Ryan's trash talk because they think it gives them some kind of karmic edge.

15. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

Ding, ding, ding! Let's KO the Patriots next week, damn it!

A slight digression... to all the Gang Green fans who were lucky enough to make it to Indy today and took over the Claddagh Irish Pub yet AGAIN (just like last year's AFCCG)... what a day to remember, and what a win!

Give Folk his due, everyone... he's been clutch when we've needed him most!

Parking in downtown Indianapolis? $30.
    Our 8 tickets to the game? $1,400.
    The Jets' defense holding Manning et al. to a single touchdown? Priceless!

I will probably have little (or no) tolerance this week for speculation as to why we'll lose or any BS remotely like that. Please, no "SOFJ" sentiments this week.

J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
    :manning:
    :jets:

#195 Jets Dan, Jan 9, 2011
  16. NEtroll

NEtroll Banned

? Huh. Sb?

17. NEtroll

NEtroll Banned

No presumptions. Go back and read a few Squeeler threads

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

The gameplan is to smack Brady around. On two. (Clap)

19. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

He should say how great the Patriots are but we (the Jets) will do what we have to to win. No we're the better team, no jokes about kissing Belichicks rings, no silly bravado. That's what I think he should say but he won't or can't. LOL.

I really don't dislike Ryan believe it or not. I think he's pretty funny and is a refreshing difference from 95% of the other coaches in the NFL. He's a pretty good coach too. And if he want's to say outrageous things that could potentially help the Patriots cause I am really ok with that. He can say whatever he wants.

He seems to take pleasure in needling the Patriots and seems to go out of his way to do it. So he'll say something outrageous just because likes to.

In most cases what he says probably doesn't matter but if it just pumps up a few players more, it hurts the Jets. If Belichick can use something Ryan says to motivate his players it works against the Jets.

I really don't hate Ryan but it is great when the Patriots can make him eat his words. That's fun too. Watching Ryan initially at a loss for words after the Monday night game was pretty funny from a Patriots fan point of view.

Belchick is sort of psycho about it but I guess he feels that he'd rather not potentially incite the opposing team. I'm not saying the top-secret method is the best way but it works for Belichick and I can't argue with the success BB has had.

Like I said. I do find him entertaining and agree with you. He probably does make rooting for the Jets fun and upbeat certainly more then Mangini who tries to mimic Belchick. Mangini I don't like.

He's probably the best coach the Jets have had since Parcells.

#199 PatsFan2003, Jan 9, 2011
  20. RUSH

RUSH Member