Jets vs Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

He's actually listed as 6-5, 255, and those are usual exaggerated too. (Just sayin)

After seeing the Ravens D week one I don't think the Pats are anywhere near that level at this time. We'll be able to run the ball, which then I hope we run the typical PA deep bomb on first down of the 3rd series. If that happens, watch out. lol

2. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

As much as I hate to sound like Captain Obvious, if the Jets have any success running the ball, the Pats are screwed.

If I'm Belichick, I open up throwing, spread 'em out wide, etc. See if you can get a double-digit lead and make Sanchez throw. That kid's head is so messed up at this point, so put it all on him and see what happens.

EDIT: They've got Gronk listed at 6'6", 265 on the team website. Split the difference I guess...

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I think we win this game but anything can happen and if we lose this game i will have to crawl into a hole for another week

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

You do realize that is completely reasonable that the Patriots should win this week? The Jets problems won't just go away in a practice or two... they need to develop.

5. BleednGreen247

let billy c call the plays and we win by 10.

6. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

You're exactly right about Hernandez being like Keller - at least Pats fans hope he's another Keller. He appears to be similar at this point. A little undersized, very good receiver and runner, weak as a line blocker but good as an H-back.

Gronkowski is a big guy, around 6'6 or 6'7 and 260ish. But he's fluid, moves like he's 6'4 and 245. Has shown good speed, hands and pass catching ability - more along the lines of a Todd Heap but a little bigger. So he's the whole package but will probably take a little time for him to develop.

Crumpler is Crumpler, though he arrived in shape and has caught a few balls. He's a hell of a blocker from what I've seen.

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

And you can bet the Pats stopped doing anything new when the score hit 31 to 3.

It comes down to whether the Jets can get in Brady's face all day or not.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

the Jets are always afraid of tall receivers:rolleyes:

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

should be a good game. the pats looked very good to me. but they were playing the gals D and they gave up alot of points. the jets looked shitty to me but they were playing the ravens D and even tho the jets played poorly - they still should have won that game except for a fumble by greene and some dumb penalties.

10. MadBacker Prime

We did at home last year, the place was never louder. We hit him 7 times and had countless hurries. We all know Tom hates getting pressure week 2 last year is passer rating was 53.1. I know it's a different year, but we do have a much better secondary. They just have to stay disciplined, Cro and Wilson are very fast and athletic so I can see either one of them on Welker and the other on Eddleman.

It comes down to both offenses and who can keep their QB safe. I know we're going to run the ball but we have to complete passes this week.

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

you pats fans ARE DELIRIOUS. you guys are on SI COVER!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111 you screwed Sunday........

*gulp*
    btw if nobody gets this let me point it out..

sarcasm

12. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Uh-oh. :eek:hmy:

[​IMG]

13. MadBacker Prime

The resemblance is astounding.

[​IMG]

14. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Darren Woodson was just on Sportscenter saying that the Pats are going to go after Revis, and that Moss was going to have a big day.

We can only hope that Brady tries to force the ball in Revis's direction instead of taking advantage of Cro and Wilson.

15. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

It is!

This one too...

[​IMG]

You'd think that with a pro QB's salary Sanchez could afford some ProActiv or some Clearasil though...

16. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

"You'd think that with a pro QB's salary Sanchez could afford some ProActiv or some Clearasil though... " Those are moles, not acne.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm sure BB and Brady are just frothing at the mouths to attack Revis after the performance of Cro and Wilson Monday. What a fucking dunce.

18. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Seriously.

At some point, you have to figure that ESPN will eventually realize that merely having played a sport doesn't make someone qualified to be a TV analyst (see: Darren Woodson, Emmitt Smith, John Kruk, etc.)

19. soccerjack

soccerjack New Member

Funny how after 1 game a lot of folks have the season ended

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Analysts seems to be saying that Moss will have a big game because he's "motivated"...so Revis won't be? Call him greedy, "Mevi$", "Beavis" or w/e you want but the guy takes great pride in what he does on the football field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.