Jets vs Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

this is my home forum .. :eek:hmy: .. Pretty simple .. you said the Pats will not score a TD .. Doesn't matter if the pats win or lose as long as they score a TD .. If I win you will have the avatar of my choosing for the rest of the season .. Jets/Pats related of course .. If you win vice versa ... :up:

2. GeorgeBaha

GeorgeBaha New Member

If there is ever a game film for Rex to study for this game it should be the Ravens-Pats playoff game.

Ravens and Jets D are built on the same principle with same style play.
    At the same time the Ravens won that game completely on the run which will be the strong points of the offense.
    That game showed the Pats can be beat by this team in its current state.

Now on the other side I am sure the Pats are studying last weeks game and are looking at Cro and Wilson as the weak links as well as using their TE up the middle.
    This is where the Jets D needs to put their efforts during the week to fix.

But I will say all day long this game is winnable because the Ravens beat the Pats last year in a way that works to all the Jets Strengths.

3. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

4. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

What's last year got to do with this year? different team, different players, different scheme .. I just don't understand this logic .. Well, Ravens beat them last year, and we only lost by one point to them so we are good to go .. Ummmmm .. really .. ? Don't get me wrong Im not coming at you personally .. Just help me understand..

5. GeorgeBaha

GeorgeBaha New Member

Patriots Nation NY
    What's last year got to do with this year? different team, different players, different scheme .. I just don't understand this logic .. Well, Ravens beat them last year, and we only lost by one point to them so we are good to go .. Ummmmm .. really .. ? Don't get me wrong Im not coming at you personally .. Just help me understand..

The Pats have only played one game since that game.

However my point is this.
    With the current state of the Jets with the offense the way it is right now it has to use it strengths to win. How the Ravens won that game is where the Jets strengths are at the moment. It is the pest game plan the Jets can make at the moment. If the Jets try to air it out play for play with Brady the Jets will loose.

I am not saying it is a guaranteed win. What I am saying is it is the only chance the Jets have to even try and win this game. To follow that game plan while it gives a slim shot of a win is really the only shot this team has at this moment to beat the Pats.

6. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Good stuff.. Good post.. I agree I don't know if Sanchise can match Brady point for point.. What I'm curious is how are the Jets gonna limit the "other" guys.. Forget about Moss n Welker, we already know Rexy will have something for them.. Faulk, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker 2.0.. Those are the match ups I'm interested in.. Everyone is talking about Moss n Welker.. I think the Pats come out 5 wide all day.. Spread the Jets out..

7. section337

section337 New Member

Was anyone here at the first jets-pats showdown last year, the home game early in the season. That was the loudest, and i mean LOUDEST most insane game I ever attended. Rex left messages on every season ticket holders phone (pre-recorded i know). All the fans were fuckin psyched. We have to come back and do the same exact thing again. Im starting to worry that everyones really down from the ravens loss, we have to keep that fire from the first snap. Im sick of this pulling up short, just missing, shoulda coulda bullshit. This is our year.

8. Al13

Al13 Member

rex should really put revis on welker, but this is probably a tough task, since they move him around so much, last year he had 15-192 in that game, he is the key

9. DAPATS

DAPATS New Member

This will be a good game. I wish I could be home to watch it, but on the other hand, I'll be attending a squadron re-union with some of my buddies who are Jets fans. There will be much smack talk but those guys are my comrades. Just goes to show we CAN all get along.

10. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think a lot of Jets fans here thought the same about their offensive performance on Monday. It was really bad.

The Jets offense should do better on Sunday, Greene will probably play better and even Sanchez but I don't know if they are going to start lighting it up either even against this young Patriots D.

But then I'm not predicting a Patriots blow-out either. I think the Patriots will win but the Jets certainly could too.

There is no doubt that the Jets D will be on all cylinders coming for Brady. They have to. I think the crowd will be a big help too.

This is a big test on the road for the Patriots no doubt. They played pretty poorly on the road last year and this will tell a lot of people whether they've improved on that.

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

No it's not.

I made a bold statement, you don't faith enough in your team to make any kind of prediction?

None of it matters unless you tell me what Pats site you post on.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

jets practiced a down field attack last week but then reverted to short dump off passes against the ravens.

my opinion:

practicing our downfield attack was actually prep for the NE game.

against the ravens, shotty saw the short game as an extension of our ground and pound and when coupled with a stout defense is usually enough to win a ravens type game.

but against NE, pushing the ball downfield will be necessary, and we showed NE zero. they have zero tape on our downfield attack.

13. MadBacker Prime

Exactly, the first game of the year last year Sanchez threw the ball 31 times completing 18 passes for 272 yards.

That was without Bralyon, and out number 2 receiver was Stuckey at the time. When Mark had some rookie troubles down the line they went away from this and had him throwing 12-15 passes.

Like many have said he needs to throw the ball or he'll never feel comfortable. If he throws a pick we have a damn good defense to step in.

Throwing the ball 7 times in the first half was just ridiculous, the team as a whole still needs to learn how to put the nail in the coffin. It easily could've been 21-7 going into the second half, Schotty just has to trust Mark whether he likes it or not.

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Will Brodney Pool play on Sunday?

15. MadBacker Prime

He's been limited all week, so it's still undecided. I'd be shocked to see him out their.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Right.

They have tape of Sanchez staring at Keller who is covered and checking down to LT while other receivers are wide open down field.

The Jets weren't practicing for NE during BAL week. Maybe if we were playing some slap dick team I'd buy that idea.

17. MadBacker Prime

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5577801

THANK GOD!!! This is exaclty what I wanted to happen, and was hoping this is what Rex meant with his comments.

18. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I am actually concerned about this. I worry that between the insane PSL prices/corporate idiots and last week's loss, the stadium wont be nearly as loud (I doubt it'll ever be that loud again unless and until our first home AFCC game) as that. Not that it means we'll definitely lose because it wont be loud. But the electricity in that stadium last year certainly helped.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

So Rex is back puppetting schotty.

Good. That's what made this team so successful in January.

Fuckin Cutesy. If you have to remove the most favorite aspect of your OC's offense, why not just get rid of him in the offseason? Goddammit that pisses me off.

20. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

Another Pats fan here for discussion, not smack. To be honest, I hardly recognize the Pats team that took it to Cinci last week. BB is either starting or giving significant action on offense-defense to 5 rookies, 7 sophomores, and 2 FA's. That's over half the team. And most of those 2nd year guys didn't see much action last year at all. There's only about 6 well known faces on offense and 4 on defense.

So you're up against an unknown foe really. Forget comparisons to last year.

#200 40yrpatsfan, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.