Jets vs Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 25, 2010.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This is not going to be easy, hopefully Revis is in full form. They just beat the Vikings.

Its in our building so hopefully advantage us.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the Packers are starting Bulaga at LT now....the Jets pass rush needs to take full advantage of that and put Rodgers on his ass....we can't let him get too comfortable in the pocket...not with those wideouts (Driver/Jennings)

3. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Driver didn't even have a catch tonight, that bum. I had to start him in fantasy because Calvin was on a bye. I expect Revis to do the same to him next week. We should honestly handle this team with somewhat of an ease because we had two weeks to get ready for these guys and have some key injuries.

Their running game shouldn't give us any problems either. I don't see Brandon Jackson being a threat to us. Just send pressure at Rodgers and he won't have time to make a good throw. He and the wr's weren't on page that much tonight.

#3 AJayJay, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  4. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

Dear lord bye weeks suck ass

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Driver played on a pulled quadricep tonight.......if he's on the field, he still needs to be accounted for.

I believe the Jets will get the win.....but watching how the Browns and Raiders play today....anything is possible. The Jets need to be focused and sharp.

#5 MBGreen, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I say the Jets get some assistants to leave a bunch of steroid masking agents and frame Mathews. That dude looks like a walking advertisement for Nandrolone.
    I think I heard him neigh while Andrea Kramer was interviewing him.

7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Rodgers throws a nice ball that's for sure..

I think we'll pull this one out and I think we double them up.

I feel really good about this one for some reason.

8. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

That is true. I totally forgot about that. Even though, Cromartie should hold Jennings in check. Jennings will still get his catches but if Cro plays his game he can limit the damage Jennings will bring.

I think Revis is healthy enough to make Driver a non-factor. They key will be stopping Jones. Rodgers likes to go to him and we never know what Drew Coleman we'll get on gamedays.. Their running game shouldn't be too big of a concern. As long as we can get to Rodgers and hurry his throws, which we should be able to do and protect Sanchez ourselves we should win easily.

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Coleman is gonna make Jones his bitch.

10. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I have faith in Rex to gameplan against any one-dimensional team especially when he has two weeks.

They can't run the ball for shit. That being said, you can gameplan all you want, but their whole D predicates itself on being able to create turnovers. Sanchize needs to tread lightly, and I want a heavy dose of the run game to open it up.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

The Packer D should get a heavy dose of LT and the Shonnmower....they didn't look too good trying to stop Peterson tonight.

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I think the Jets are going to be able to run on the Packers. From what I saw today, the Jets Oline is significantly better than Minnesota's. It looked to me that Green Bay gave up a ton of big plays right up the gut. Keller is going to have to have a huge game, as he should have the middle open.

I think someone mentioned it prior that Green Bay's Oline is not so good. The Fins got a bunch of pressure on Rodgers. The Jets need to stop the running game. If they can get those 3rd and longs they can force the mistakes....

Yeah my observations are genius....lol

13. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

Driver had a streak of 133 games with a catch lol so you lucked out

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Coming off of short week and an emotional win should help the Jets, since the Packers are traveling east.

Remember how the Jets played after the same situation? They looked bad in Denver. Expect the same from the Packers. I just hope they don't beat themselves like the Broncos did. I don't expect them to do so.

The offense should look fine against their defense. Deal with Matthews, and winning should easy.

If the Jets take the lead early, which is what they do by now allowing points in the 1st quarter, they'll be able to tee off on Rodgers.

15. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

To add on, the Jets should run a plenty to keep the opportunities for the Packers passing game limited. A rested D-line will get good pressure on Rodgers. Revis close to 100% will help as well. Jackson looked good catching passes out of the backfield so it seems as if Rodgers now has a valuable check down receiver to boot.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Funny and true.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am not worried about Green Bay. Should be a fun game though, but with Revis and Cromartie, a healthy Pace, and a solid run D, could be a long day for GB.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Packers have looked very unimpressive to me.

I expect Revis to be nearly Revis this game. Aaron Rodgers is very streaky this year, without their Mr. 3rd down he's got even more on his shoulders. Who knows how Driver will feel next week, but Cro or Revis can lockdown Jennings and we'll have a easy time stopping their lack of a run game.

As usual this will come down to our offense being able to sustain drives and not turn the ball over. Their defense does not have to manpower to stop our offense, running or passing. LT will have some nice catch and runs this game, Shonn will punish them and Keller will reclaim his crown as Mark's favorite target.

38-17 da JETS!! the Pack will get a garbage time TD.

19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

This should be a very fun thread for me the next week.

Bulaga is an upgrade for GB btw

20. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

we need to play a ball control type of game keeping the ball out of rodgers hand and also getting a consistent pass rush so he doesnt have all day to throw