Jets vs Mia Week 14 2019 - Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 9, 2019.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

There are two Smiths -- Jeff and Vyncint, and Ty Montgomery is officially listed as WR/RB.

I didn't notice it was Montgomery, or I would have tossed him from the count. But, technically, the active roster shows 7 WRs, plus Q and Bellamy on IR.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

All it takes is one team to offer him 18-20+ million. Then we have to match it or he's gone.

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If Robbie finished the season strong and posts over 700 yards he is worth 10 mil a year. If not, he isn't worth 10 mil a year and we shouldn't pay him that much. If someone wants to pay him 18 mil - good luck to them.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he fights i always see him dive and layout. he's one of the bets at tracking a ball and one of the fastest. he's hard to overthrow i think darnold is being over cautious a lot of the time

5. GasedAndConfused

i don't think so. it's barely more the enunwa got a year ago or crowder got a year ago in a much better FA class. it's the same as shepard. robby is better then all 3 of them.

a contract like that pays him in the same range as
    funchess, boyd, lockett, shepard, tyrell williams, keenan allen and alshon jeffrey. i'd argue robby is better then all of them

6. GasedAndConfused

jeff smith was promoted monday after the game. he hasn't been on an active gameday roster yet. Ty is a RB and with bell out he was our RB2 for the game. powell is likely to miss thursday so ty will be RB2 again.

7. GasedAndConfused

we can resign him before the season ends like we did with enunwa

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Dude you're really nuts about him. Better than Keenan Allen, Lockett and Boyd?

Alshon's completely washed up and hurt and leaves every game in the first quarter but c'mon now with the other three.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

DUDS: NY Jets, Miami Dolphins

STUDS: Fans who sat through the game

bigbucks24 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

keenan allen is a product of the system and rivers chucking it around. rivers has made decent WRs look great his entire career and those WRs leave and do nothing (case in point tyrell williams) but the list is long. Lockett is the ultimate hype man. always about to break out and never does. admittedly he makes some good catches and is having a good year finally and in year 5 should finally break 1000 yards but he's had a pro bowl QB his whole career and is averaging 695 yards a season and less then 5 TDs a season in his 1st 4 years with a pro bowl QB. rovvy has done better then that with nothing at QB pretty much. boyd has never had to be the number 1 until this year since he always had green on the other side taking attention. Robby has been the focal point for defenses to key in on since his 2nd year

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Lockett is way better at tracking balls than Robby is and is still the focal point of defenses when they play Seattle. They're a run heavy offense so his numbers are where they would be in that situation.

Keenan Allen is just excellent and sports a much better catch rate than Robby with a million targets thrown his way every year. 81 catches at 68.1% as Rivers has declined significantly this year. There's just no argument on this one. Robby IS Tyrell Williams.

Tyler Boyd produced as the #2 target and is now producing as the #1. He's big, physical and a chain mover and a thousand times better than Anderson at 50/50 balls.

The fact remains that Robby Anderson mostly NEEDS to be open to catch the ball. The others don't. The catch rate is a good indicator of that.

We're just in a situation where he needs to be retained because the alternative is Josh Bellamy getting significant run. And that would be a mess.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

they really arne't run heavy though. it's skewed a little bit because mobile QB. they were run heavy back in the lynch days and when they made a SB but not as much anymore. and robby has caught many contested balls the past few games and over his career and if darnold threw a better deep ball he'd have an extra 250 yards and 5 TDs minimum right now. rivers is declining but he's like a 6 time probowl QB and same goes for wilson who is an MVP candidate. robby has no one to draw attention, shit QBs most of his career until now with darnold progressing and no o-line.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

They're 4th in the NFL in attempts. They're run heavy. They got in the situation where they needed to pass and struggled because their offensive line is not a good pass blocking line itself.

Better quarterbacks throwing to them can't always be the argument to defend why a player isn't great at catching contested balls. I can throw the argument right back and say better receivers with bigger catch radius' make a quarterbacks life easier.

Yet production supports my argument better than yours.

14. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

So is he a stud or dud?

15. GasedAndConfused

again skewed because of wilson. take out wilsons runs and they drop down to 15th behind TB and Det 2 teams that don't run much.

16. GasedAndConfused

I still have to say stud. it would have been easy to come out and get wrecked after the bengals game and being out of the playoff hunt but we fought hard and got the W regardless. and his playcalling wasn't awful most of the time

17. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't see why that matters. He's still scrambling and running the ball. Their offensive line is not a good pass blocking line and never has been. He gets free rushers screaming off the edge against him a lot.

I know you'll make some sort of argument about no receivers being open though so he has to. :rolleyes:

18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

His play calling was bad and nearly cost the Jets the game and you still say stud?
    I applaud your conviction.

19. GasedAndConfused

we won right? how many times under bowles did we lay down and take it. he had the team ready to play and fighting. that is important as a coach.

20. GasedAndConfused

bingo, because it's called pass plays where his WRs didn't get open so he took off and ran.