Jets vs. Dolphins on Monday Night Football

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Nov 26, 2014.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

On their first possession the Jets should run their first 3 plays out of the 'victory formation' then punt...

Big Cat and Jets69 like this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Leon Hess? That s.o.b. who whined about bathrooms--bathrooms--and sold the Jet brand out to Giants Stadium. And while Pete Rozelle arm-twisted Namath to sell his share in Bachelors III because of supposed gamblers frequenting the place, there was Leon Hess, part owner of Monmouth Racetrack counting the betting receipts. While NYC (Ed Koch) was no friend of the Jets and while the New York Mets fucked the Jets over at every turn when it came to Shea Stadium (oh and btw, fuck you Mets), Hess ripped the team away from it's Queens/L.I. roots to become the only team in the history of the NFL to play in a stadium named for another team. Leon Hess the "people's champ" did business with the likes of Muammar Gaddafi while his Hess oil company enjoyed 'off shore' federal tax-dodges while receiving federal subsidies. Leon Hess wasn't hurting - the billionaire could've built his own "Jets Stadium." Screw him..

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yeah its such a shame that Chrebet has to share his honor with that SOB Hess. It cheapens his honor. It cheapens the Jets wall of fame in general to have Hess there.

4. dmatt36

dmatt36 Active Member

hopefully our run defense doesn't suffer too badly with the loss of Wilkerson, with coples moving inside for a little bit, dolphins may look to run outside more. Coples gets a lot of unnecessary flak just because he isn't spectacular. IMO he's an above average player, and a very good run stopper. A few years ago we were complaining about never keeping the edge, and for once we've finally solved that issue by moving coples to olb. Don't completely trust barnes or babin holding the edge even though we might see a better pass rush.

5. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

I have this bad feeling that the jets will actually win this meaningless game later

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Cool. I'm proud to say I've been to all of the previous home W's and plan to be there tonight although I'm not at all confident the streak will continue.

I urge any of you who hold tickets to at least come out tonight to help honor Wayne Chrebet at halftime as he's inducted into the Ring of Honor. You have my permission to leave after halftime, but the thought of Wayne being honored in front of ambivalent Sea Scum fans bothers me. I bought my tickets last night.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I expect a Geno Smith redemption win tonight...Which will start a whole Ray Lewis is impressed with this young man speech post game and we will have as our starting QB once again!

IBLEEDGREEN17 likes this.
  8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Unfortunately it is going to be empty at halftime.

9. WinWin

WinWin New Member

The Bills are all behind you Jets. Squish the fish!!!

10. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Some of the things I'll be watching for is how many snaps IKea gets this game and how much power he can bring off the edge he looked good in spurts this preseason. Does Rex continue this Zone coverage trend, we gave up 2 TD's last week due to breakdowns in zone coverage so maybe he puts a little more pressure on our corners to play some man? Can Geno with some time on the sideline come back in and show a better understanding of what to do on offense, get the chains moving and trust the scheme. Hopefully MM keeps it simple this week some of the gimmicky plays I saw last week were head scratching, trust the playmakers.
    Our guards are not athletic enough for all these backside playactions and Vick nearly got decapitated for it with unblocked defenders. Keep it simple, run the ball early and often with Ivory, run some playaction Hi/Low reads and keep the shifts to a minimum and maybe we pull out a few wins down the stretch.

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

First it's not a good thing for the organization if Geno plays poorly. The idea being that if he has a good game it'll give them an excuse to keep Geno in their future plans. Future plans might be as a backup. I hope he has a good game and we win. I'm sure Bills fans feel the same way.

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Geno won't even have to win, if he goes 13-21 123yrds an 1 TD . This forum will explode with Geno is our guy! Being a Jets fan is so pathetic

13. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Why is ESPN interviewing Marino to talk about the fake spike? Is this game in Miami? Why not bring in Vinny/Chrebet and talk about the Monday night miracle? Bastardos.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

doubtful there will be plenty of miami fans in the stadium

15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'm joining the Suck for the Duck campaign. I want Winston too but he doesn't have anything that goes with his name. Either way I want to be in QB drafting position.

But if we were to win a remaining game I would want it to be either tonight or against New England. Much better than an unnecessary one against the Vikings or Titans.

16. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Suck 4 the duck.. That should be our agenda.. Tennessee is really reallly good at tanking though it seems so we've got serious competition.. lmao. ( No really they let fitzASStrick throw 6 TD's..They're on to something)

17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

We've got a head to head with them. They will not out-tank us.

18. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Because ESPN is a classy organization that likes to keep kicking a man when he's down or keep beating that dead horse or whatever shitty metaphor best speaks to their shitty sports coverage.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'm not optimistic after what we saw last week. But the game before that we beat Pittsburgh.

20. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

That game might be a tie 0-0. Would be pretty funny if mariota didn't even come out of college this year.

Big Cat likes this.