Jets vs Broncos Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TommyGreen, Oct 13, 2010.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Didn't see this anywhere else on the page.

Classic trap game. We're off a Monday night emotional win playing on the road in the West. This is not going to be an easy one.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i can't believe I'm going to say this....but the key to this game is to stop K.Orton and that passing game.

The room is starting to spin.

3. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

And Denver is missing 5 guys..

4. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Until this year I thought this guy was a joke but it actually turned out to be the Bears.

5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

W/O Revis the safeties deep coverage had better improve...

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Run the ball, run it again, then run it some more. We should be able to have plenty of success on the ground and keep their offense off the field.

I'm a bit concerned that Sanchez showed some of those high off target passes last week that he had a tendency to throw last season. Hopefully it was just due to the rain.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Orton's neck beard is the secret to his success........shave that neck beard.....we win this game.

I expect Bart Scott to go at him full tilt....with a Schick razor in his hand.

8. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

They can't run the ball or stop the run.

And they're probably pounding the UFL's phones pretty hard right now to get some bodies that suck at football but at least weigh 300 lbs.

in any event,i'm actually worried about the simple fact of playing in denver and the oxygen more than anything.

literally half of their defense is injured. It's weird to say that without exaggerating

9. CP+SM=TD

CP+SM=TD New Member

I don't think this is a trap game at all. Denver has a solid passing game. However they are one-dimensional, so hopefully Rex can come up with a gameplan to throw off Orton and his receivers. Eddie Royal really scares me, those quick shifty guys always hurt us.

The key to this game is our running game. Denver is 25th in the league against the run, and just got gashed by Ray Rice and the Ravens. Granted Rice is better than either of our backs, but the combination of both LT and Shonn, and the OL gives us a better overall run game, IMHO. As long as we establish the run, Sanchez should have some opportunities to make a couple nice throws.

10. matt robinson 17

I agree ram the ball down there throat, Sanchez had no time to throw in the 2nd half...

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Agreed. The Broncos defense does not scare me, it's their offense (MBGreen, my friend, the room is still spinning). If we can pressure Orton, knock him down a bit, we should be fine. The secondary, Revis to be absent I'm sure, has to step it up. Cro', Wilson, Coleman, Lowery, whoever.

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Orton is alot better than people give him credit for. that being said McDaniels system works perfect for him. its alot of spread and option routes. doesnt have the greatest arm but the guy can read the field pretty good.

they also get rid of the ball real quick. hopefully Rex shows alot more blitz then only rushes 4 on some plays.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you give the Broncos a heavy dose of LT and the Shonnmower....keep Orton off the field.....and we should come away with the W.

14. CP+SM=TD

CP+SM=TD New Member

But if we blitz, then it makes it easier for Orton to get the ball out quick, and then give his receivers more room for YAC.

15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

that was why i said show blitz and only rush 4. that wouldnt be a blitz lol

16. matt robinson 17

Run over them and keep Coleman, Wilson off the field...

17. CP+SM=TD

CP+SM=TD New Member

haha wow read your post the wrong way..my b

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Is every game a trap game until someone can say I told you so?

How in the hell is facing the leagues 2nd top passing offense a trap game?

Their defense should be easy to pick apart, and run all over. Rush D they're 26th and 18th on the pass. They'd be worse on the pass but teams have too easy a time running on them.

#18 MadBacker Prime, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I agree. Trap game is the wrong word I would say. Denver is not that bad and it is on the road on a short week. A trap game is when you play an 0-5 team this week and don't prepare hard and lose. Thats not how the Jets play.

20. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I think this has a better change of being a trap game than the Bills game was. Now we've got a short week and we have to go to Denver right before our bye? Sheesh. I've got a feeling that our receivers are due for a big game in this one since they dropped so many passes against the Vikings. I'm still not losing hope that our pass defense can be the best in the league, but I have a feeling that this could turn out to be a bit of a shootout (especially if Revis is out again).