Jets Vicodin usage and DEA warnings to NFL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 3rdandlong, Mar 11, 2017.

1. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

You didnt hear about it because its irrelevant...So is this thread.Can we go back to talking about how bad Petty is or isnt,WTF is going on with Hackenberg,and does Todd Bowles really own a shrimpin boat?

zace likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

nobody cares how the league keeps its players playing. never have never will

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Notice it's the 'older retired' players suing the NFL over pain killers.....not today's players that eat them like candy so they can run into each other over and over again.

It's kind of hypocritical....to have no problem with pain pills when THEY were playing, but suddenly they need to sue the NFL for a quick buck after they've retired.

These must be players that missed out on the concussion $'s and are looking for their own thing.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The league should screen North Dallas Forty at the trial.

Still my favorite football movie.

6. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

You dont care about the health of the players on the team that you love. If nick mangold kills himself cause of a brain disorder..no big deal..if he ods on pain killers who cares. Thats an awful way to look at things. Dance monkey dance. Ok i am bored somebody shoot him. Wtf

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Coincidentally I have to take drugs to watch this team play football.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Its too bad the team didn't hand these out at the gate.

NYJetsO12, FlaJet and FJF like this.
  9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

They gave some to Kellen Winslow hours before he jerked off in a parking lot.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

let's be honest, if,your example, nick mangold kills himself you are still going to work the next day. so am i. we will post on here how sad that is and how he was a great player and move on to one of the 100 qb threads and discuss the merits of signing jag whoever. does it make us cold hearted? no, we are just not that connected to the actual players on a personal level. these stories pop up every few years and it just does not move the needle. so call it what you want but the public just does not care what happens behind the curtain

abyzmul likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Just let them smoke weed

Footballgod214, abyzmul and Jake like this.
  12. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

I was wondering what the alternative was too. Did players prior get meds somewhere else and the rise was just in reporting prescriptions-or was there a drop in use of something else because the drug of favor changed?

13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

The players are happy to take them while they play. Sure they complain once they're done and aren't making money anymore.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

No pain no gain

hehe

15. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

I understand your attitude about life goes on.. and there is alot of things where i share your view. For example i dont care about how cut throat hollywood is... just keep turning out tv and movies. However i do care if any team is risking the health of their players. I dont want the league turning into the wwe passing out heart attacks and steriods at the door. You might disagree and thats fine you have an honest opinion but do not say no one cares cause some of us do.

16. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Pft! The NFL is a meat market and it produces fine veal the owners can sell to the masses. They'll even pay for lessons plans to teachers to make kids into wide eyed fanatics before they get past the fifth grade. Then they will send former players and their wives to Parents Meetings with this "OH I WOULDNT DENY MY KID THE RIGHT TO DO WHAT HE WANTS." The brain damage and pain killers are the dismissed human cost of a process they planned all along. And it's a quite profitable one as well.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Just read an article about Ryan Leaf being in jail for robbing houses of oxy and vicoden after he retired from his very successful NFL career.