Jets "very" interested in Ty Law per NFL Network

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Mar 11, 2008.

1. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Add a vivid memory of LT faking him out of his shoes on a touchdown run. Made Law look like a fool. I will pass on Ty. At this point of his career, he is not an upgrade. He was a problem in the locker room the last time he was here, there's no reason to think he'd be a better influence today. He can still be friends with Revis and a jerk at the same time.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"Pass interference..... Number 24, Defense. Ball will be placed at the spot of the foul. FIRST DOWN."

3. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

Not no more!

4. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

In fairness, you're talking about LT. He shakes 90 percent of all defenses out of their shoes.

5. stinkyB

and hopefully for a long time to come. :grin:

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I'd rather have PI then have our CB get beat for a TD.

Shit, i feel like champ after that statement.

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Yes, if we all recall, Law had special deals with Hermy that nobody else got. He could miss certain team meetings and I think in camp he only had to do one a days. That would never fly at all with Mangini.

We can do better things with our money. I do not want Law. I see him as being counter productive to the team dedication and work ethic.

8. stinkyB

true. It just seems that bringing on older players with a penchant for a bad attitude is not a good fit for the team. Could be worse though.

9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I actually think our intererest in Ty Law is just a ploy because we actually would love to see NE sign an aging corner.

10. If anything he adds depth and blocks him from going to the Pats...I like it.

11. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Ty law to NE, or any team in the east for that matter, would be the absolute worst thing that could happen. He might be older, lazier, and bitchier then ever, but there isn't a receiver on this team he can't shut down.

12. lightning

lightning Active Member

There's not many CB's who have better ball skills than law. A one year deail is worth it for both positions, but if he would agree to play FS... i think he could be a playmaker for us.

13. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

agreed 100%

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I heard a rumor that Ladanian Tomlinson is pretty good.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I heard he might actually be know as the greatest running back to ever play the game in five years and he has a legit shot to break Jerry Rice's all time T/D record.

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

No offense but I've been hearing the madden joke for years.......

17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Jets will host free agent DB Ty Law on Wednesday.

Law, who's also on the Patriots' radar, is seeking one last multi-year deal to finish his career. He'd have a good chance to play extensively right away for either organization. The Jets could give him a look at free safety.

Related: Patriots, Jets

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

What is it with you guys? The ONLY reason we spent so much on Pace is because Parcells...tricked...us into spending big on him. I'm pretty sure they offered two million less than the Jets. Parcells and the Fins really wanted Pace, but we got him. They were most likely going to dump their best player, Jason Taylor, if Pace signed in Miami. They wanted him.

Have you looked at our secondary? It's depleted. We have no depth. Revis is on his way to being a star corner...but there's no one else at corner. Rhodes is an excellent safety, but starts opposite him, and who backs him up. No depth.

Adam Schefter knows what he's talking about. If he says that the Jets and Pats are both interested, then they most be showing some sort of legitimate interest in Ty Law.

It's not a "ploy". Stop with these stupid conspiracy theories.

19. GeorgeCoztanza

GeorgeCoztanza New Member

Let's be fair. It was going to take time for him to adjust to the rule changes. Those changes were made specifically to combat his style of play.

20. dylanjets

dylanjets New Member

Ty Law choosing between the Patriots and Jets.

Per Rotoworld

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Jets will host free agent DB Ty Law on Wednesday.
    Law, who's also on the Patriots' radar, is seeking one last multi-year deal to finish his career. He'd have a good chance to play extensively right away for either organization. The Jets could give him a look at free safety.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1078

Looks like its either his former team the Patriots.
    Or its the Jets, where he will join, Darrelle Revis, who is a close family friend of his.