Jets UDFA signings

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildthing202, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Actually the Jets haven't officially announced any of their UDFA signings yet

All of these UDFA's who are listed to the Jets are coming via the players themselves on various internet websites {hometown newspapers, etc.}, but the Jets have yet to officially release the names

Anyway, I've heard that Fairooz is one of them too .. no confirmation yet, but I heard the same thing

#141 Jabba the Jet, May 2, 2007
    Last edited: May 2, 2007
  2. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

#142 Jabba the Jet, May 2, 2007
    Last edited: May 2, 2007
  3. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'm not impressed, not a single DT (Mike Devito is a 3-4 DE).

5. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

well i sure hope we did sign aaron fairooz! he seems like he has a lot of potential!

6. iamaudfa

iamaudfa Banned

Scott Eyster is set to begin his road in search of achieving that dream of playing football in the NFL.

The former Delta State University quarterback has been invited and will fly to New York next Friday to participate in a rookie camp conducted by the New York Jets. Eyster, who didn't get drafted or signed a free agent contract during the draft last weekend, got the news that he was still invited to participate in the rookie camp when he got a call from Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer early this week.

Eyster will be competing with another quarterback Brett Ratliff from Utah.

Eyster said it was made clear to him what he had to do at rookie camp.

"It's my job to beat him (Ratliff) out," Eyster said. "If I can beat him out, I will get a contract and be able to stay the rest of the summer to learn more about their system, their offense and professional football league from the Jets standpoint."

Eyster said he was initially disappointed about not getting drafted.

"I was hoping to get drafted and that didn't workout," Eyster said. "Then, I was hoping to sign a free agent deal and nobody came with a contract offer. But, I was invited to the (New York) Giants (New York) Jets and (New Orleans) Saints rookie camps. Basically, you're promised when you go to rookie camps is to get some reps and a shot at getting a contract. The best offer was to the Jets."

Eyster, the most prolific passer in DSU history, said not being picked in the draft has intensified his desire to make the NFL.

"It adds to the fire," Eyster said. "It just gives me a little bit more motivation to work harder and accomplish more."

The 23-year-old native of Hammond, La. said he's nervous about leaving for New York.

"I've never been to New York before," Eyster said. "It's a big city, and it's going to be a big change from Cleveland, Mississippi, but I'm very adapt to where I can change. It's something that I'm going to have to do if I'm going to make the team.

"I'll have to get used to a few things, and probably some things will take time," Eyster continued. "Like anything I've ever done, it's something you learn and you adapt."

One thing that could make Eyster's adjustment go smoother is the fact that former DSU offensive coordinator Mike Bloomgren is working as an assistant in quality control on offense with the Jets organization. Bloomgren was the offensive coordinator at DSU in 2005 and 06 which were Eyster's last two seasons at DSU.

"He's kind of been my inside source up there as to what is going on," Eyster said. "He's helped me and given me a lot of positive attitude towards their organization and me as a player coming up there."

Eyster feels positive about his chances to advance in the Jets organization.

"It's a great opportunity for me," Eyster said. "I'm really getting into a good situation where there's not four of five quarterbacks in rookie camp, and it's just two of us. It's a 50-50 shot on whoever gets to make the team for the summer."

Eyster also said if he beats out Ratliff, he has to beat out another player to make the actual team.

"It's a hard road and a long road," Eyster said. "It's one I'm willing to sacrifice for to get there

7. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

His wife was on Sirius asking about the Jets QB situation. It was kinda cool. Gotta be rooting for the Div2 guy to make it, and he seems to have some talent. Will be a fun story in rookie mini-camp.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Some info on Leonard Peters.
    I like what Hawaii has been doing defensively lately. I like the sound of a hard hitter like this on ST, and with coaching could eventually play on running situations. good pickup imo. lack of timed speed and injuries most likely only reason not drafted.

Height: 6-1 1/8 | Weight: 210 | 40-Time: 4.74

Official Bio

Strengths:
    A very tough and aggressive player...Does a great job versus the run...A reliable tackler...Very instinctive...Has good range...Has shown a lot of drive...Hard worker with great intangibles...Is decent in zone coverage...Has special teams potential.

Weaknesses:
    Has some major durability concerns...Does not have very good timed speed...A bit older than the average prospect...Is not very fluid...Misses some tackles by going for the big hit...Footwork is not up to par...He will have troubles in man coverage.

Notes:
    Was granted a rare sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA...Took a year off after high school before enrolling in college...He's missed all or parts of three seasons with injuries to his knees and abdomen...More of an in-the-box type of safety, minus the size you look for...Marginal prospect who's probably just a backup and special teamer at best and that is providing he can somehow find a way to stay healthy.