Jets trying to move up in 2nd round for QB **MERGED 3x**

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Apr 26, 2013.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Geno Smith outclasses EJ Manuel in my eyes. Smith "Wants It" unlike Manuel in the big spots. I didn't see Manuel "Want It" in my eyes vs NC St this year or vs Florida. Geno balled but his defense was so pathetic that he had to play a game of score 50 or else you lose. Its the same shit RG3 had to deal with. Manuel may be more mature and a better "Leader"(Which I think is nonsense but alas...everyone wants their QB to shout at lineman like Brady and Peyton Manning) but this isn't the boyscouts. This is professional football. Eli Manning leads by example, he doesn't scream at the top of his lungs or rally guys. He makes guys respect him by his play and his players trust him because of what he has done in his NFL career.....despite pulling a bitch move in the 2004 NFL Draft and all.

Phil Rivers and Jay Cutler are "RAH RAH" guys but being vocal, cocky and yelling constantly at teammates doesn't mean you lead as neither have inspired his guys into going to war despite both guys being talented.

My lone fear for Geno is his eyework, which I don't know if that can be taught but if there's two people can do it for Geno its, David Lee(Who took Pat White btw who Smith succeeded) and Marty, who worked with Vick which is who Geno Smith reminds me....a healthy Eagles version of Vick(Doesn't contain the explosion Vick had in Atlanta). Vick makes dumb mistakes but when right and healthy will make plays, extend plays and burn teams.

I wonder if Geno won't start right away for us but ends up Brad Smithing/Pat Whiting it up early on while learning the playbook....I'm kinda curious. I hate the wildcat but Geno has the arm and ability/speed to really make teams honest and to respect him on the field before learning enough to be the full time QB.

EJ Manuel is Josh Freeman 2.0
    Geno Smith is Eagles version of Michael Vick but healthier 2.0

Which one would you want?

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You are like 2 hours late with this breaking story

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Unless the Jets are picking in the top 2, they wont be able to have a choice on Teddy. And let me say this again, a 2nd round QB is easier to part with than a 5th overall pick. If we are in position to take Teddy and Geno doesnt show the promise we hope for, then we can still draft Teddy. QBs are hot commodities- if we draft Teddy, we can likely unload Geno for a 2nd or 3rd.

Alex Smith got a high 2nd, Kolb a 2nd and a good corner, Palmer a 1st and 2nd I believe, Flynn who played 2 games was given a big contract by Seattle, Matt Schaub a 2nd... Mallett was just being talked about for a 2nd, same with Kirk Cousins and Foles. Fact is, teams want QBs. If we needed to unload Geno in worst case scenario, it could easily be done.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Watch it's gonna be Barkley......pure gold.

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

Geno moreso reminds me of Alex Smith but with a clean slate and the upside. But in reference to your post, I dont want Josh Freeman 2.0

6. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Zero chance lol

7. jilozzo

I would hope so but the comedic value of that would be off the charts. Lol

8. BakerMaker

I dig that comparison too but what screwed Smith was not just being the no.1 overall pick but having OC after OC after OC after OC instill a new playbook into his head and everything.

9. jilozzo

Agree, I want Eli manning 2.0 instead

10. BakerMaker

Eli Manning's sadly don't grow on trees :(

I want Eli Manning too but if there was one, KC doesn't make the Alex Smith trade and lets it be known that QB is going to be a Chief in pick 1.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

nm..can't be sure of that cap hit.

12. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

The Jets have a very very very legit shot at top 2 in '14.

As for the SOJ luck, I'm worried the FO would take Geno's rookie year as an indication to stick with him a la Bradford.

It's the other way around: we will drop down the standings into his lap. This team has a ton of holes and needs both luck and excellent health just to avoid the bottom 5 in the standings.

#112 VanderbiltJets, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Sanchez's psyche is runied

14. JoeNamathsFurCoat

JoeNamathsFurCoat New Member

This will not end well for the Jets. Let's just start hoping for NEXT season.

15. Don

Chrebet announces our second round pick tonight..wouldn't it be interesting if we traded up to get a QB for that announcement.

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

If it costs us a 5th rounder to move down I could live with it but anything more than that would be a disappointment - I would prefer to just sit tight and take the BPA - if the Jets were really sold on any of the QBs they would have gone back into the first to get them - a high second round pick nowadays is probably more valuable than a late first rounder as you have had more time to think about things and evaluate your needs. top of the second round is a fantastic place to be.

17. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Are we still going to be using our 5th rounder on Ivory? So are we trading our 3rd or 4th to move up 6 spots and take Geno? Really? Geno is the best QB in the WEAKEST class in years. Once defenses started going zone and dropping coverage on him, he fell apart. And he has 32 fumbles on his career which is Sanchez territory. He has ability and talent but let's not get confused. He played with the best receiver in the country and had a 3rd/4th round NFL receiver as his WR2 and could not deliver the goods once defenses stopped blitzing him.

And for the record Glennon is slow as molasses and has zero pocket presence. He took a million sacks last year.

Why don't we just do the smart thing and use our No. 1 overall pick next year on Bridgewater?

18. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

LOL! Hilarious.

I guess Geno will now be a "major distraction" like Tebow was last year?

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Have you guys seen this shit ahha

[youtube]0rLOEvYULfY[/youtube]

20. Don

If we go 2-14 or whatever to get a #2 pick and Smith is the QB what exactly are you worried about?