Jets trying to move up in 2nd round for QB **MERGED 3x**

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Apr 26, 2013.

1. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

I would almost prefer we wait til the third or fourth to draft a QB. Then if he doesn't work out and all he ends up as is a backup, it won't hurt as much.

2. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Which is why you're not a football scout... All the same... Lol

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I hope so.....

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If they believe in him go up and get him. Problem is I have a hard time believing they truly believe in him considering they passed on him twice and were willing to risk losing him.

He must have gotten some assurance that he would go early rd 2 for him to have a change of heart about going home.

5. Banjo

Banjo Banned

At least we can all agree on this... Geno Smith will be better than EJ Manuel.

Right?

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

i dont get it, why didnt we take him at 13 if he was this debated

7. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I wonder what San Fran fan's reactions were when the 49ers traded up in the 2nd to take Kaepernick.

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think the Jags will get him, Blaine Gabbert sucks.

9. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Smoke screen.

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

oh man this is gonna put the board over the edge

11. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

As long as we don't draft Nassib (Ryan Leaf 2.0)

Dude is dookie.

12. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

EJ's much better.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, this is funny shit..I would have to do a comparison but half the people scrreaming now are probably some of the same people that were screaming yesterday because we didn't go offense.

14. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Any other year Manuel is a 3rd rounder at best, that was a HUGE reach at 16 and yes Geno is the better QB. Buffalo really blew that pick, they are probably kicking themselves they could've had Manuel in the 2nd easy.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that is a pretty silly statement. many players appear interchangeable in the draft but the performance is not identical once they hit the field. If Idzik believes Smith is significantly better than the other two, not getting Smith does not mean you just draft one of the others.

if there is a player you want, you don't just draft any other player that is left at that position just because it is the same position as the player you did not get. For Idzik, it may be Smith or another position entirely, so those other QB's are irrelevant just because they will still be there at 39.

I am not a fan of trading up for him, and I would be willing to draft one of the others as well if they were still there in place, but it is easy to say that when if I am wrong, the only repercussion is a slight disappointment. If Idzik is wrong, it is his job, so you can't project what you prefer, and thus your anger, onto the front office because your decision making comes from a completely different place as theirs, and as such have no grounds to question their decision making. it is the equivalent of standing at a poker table and telling the guy you are watching he should go all in -- real easy to say when you have nothing to lose.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

You guys are crazy for not wanting someone who should have been picked 20 picks ago. You want to talk about BPA? Geno is that and more. QB is our biggest position of need, and IMO, Geno is the best QB in the draft. Nassib is 2nd (EJ was 3rd). If they believe in Geno, go get him. If you have to give up a 5th or whatever in order to get a fucking franchise QB you do it without hesitating. You ask 95% of this fanbase 2 weeks ago "Would you like to get Milliner, Richardson and Geno Smith in the 1st 2 rounds?" and I guarantee they say yes.

Everyone seems to hate on Geno, and Im not sure why. Kid has the talent to be a franchise QB and the work ethic. If he can put it all together, he could be the steal of the draft, like Wilson was last year. Oh yeah, and he'll come n here with a MASSIVE chip on his shoulder and will try to prove everyone wrong. We could be looking at the next successful non-first round QB like Dalton, Brees, Kaepernick, Wilson ect.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the entertainment value alone almost makes it worth it

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

False. And falser.

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I really hope the Jags take Smith at 33 and end this debate for us.

Smith reminds me to much of Sanchez. No pocket presence, lots of fumbles, throwing the ball late, and highly inconsistent. But at least unlike Sanchez he can throw a screen pass.

The only positive in taking Smith is it will likely mean goodbye to Sanchez after June 1. Which immediately will make us a better team.

20. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

lol, not sure even if Geno is the one being in discussion.....is he really a fit for the WCO?