Jets trade for Shaq Lawson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 29, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the big point is he was better then what we got. nobody was going to replace lawson. I could see us going edge in the 1st next year to pair someone with lawson. JFM is gonna need to really progress this year as well

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Basically I was saying earlier I am sick and tired of the mediocre pass rush last 5-8 years and Jenkins name surfaced as one of those mediocre pass rushers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sack exchange

Could be true, but a chance for a pass rush is better than not existent! Jenkins was mostly invisible. Overall he was serviceable player, but he really got under my skin when I didn’t even know he was on the field.

4. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The dude is done . He sucked in Miami last yr, who signed him based on a good yr with the BillsThe phins traded him for a guy they just cut, for cap reasons. He was not good last yr and Houston was not impressed this yr and were even willing to take a cap hit to get rid of him The most we can hope for is 4 -5 sacks

BacktoQueens likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

it's always about the shiny new toy with this fan base.
    They sick and tired of a non existent pass rush, but are super excited about acquiring a non-existent pass rusher.

I think there is gonna be some epic melt downs on this board when the realization hits that this team is still not talented.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

It is true.
    Jenkins was ahead of Lawson on Houston's depth chart, and was looking way better than him in camp.
    That's why I'm pointing out that bashing Jenkins here while applauding the move for Lawson really makes no sense.

I don't hate the move for Lawson, but it's a bare minimum type move. Nothing more.

7. Sack exchange

If so, then we won’t have much of a pass rush, if he is worse than Jenkins! We will get sliced and diced, if QBs have ton of time to throw. As we have seen last few years. With the likes of Jenkins. And now Shaq.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

That's funny how you claim Shaq Lawson "sucked" in Miami when he ranked...

#1 in QB knockdowns (14).
    #2 in team QB hits (18)
    #2 in QB pressures (25)

Amongst all Miami Defenders last year.

So you're wrong as wrong could be. Because he doesn't suck and he's not done and that's because he was actually their 2nd best pass rusher on a really good Miami Defense last year.

And in only 2019? He was Buffalo's #1 and best pass rusher on an elite Defense that ranked #2 and #3 in yards allowed and points allowed.

He'll be lucky to get 4-5 sacks? All 3 of Coach Robert Saleh and GM Joe Douglas (who just traded for him due to NEEDING A PASS RUSHER) and Quinnen Williams all disagree with your assessment of Shaq Lawson.

RochesterJet likes this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's not true.

Shaq Lawson is 2x the pass rusher Jordan Jenkins ever was.

▪︎ Jordan Jenkins only had 29 QB pressures throughout his final two years as a Jet of 2019/2020 (1,102 snaps).

▪︎ Shaq Lawson had 53 QB pressures throughout his final two years as a BUF/MIA of 2019/2020 (1,055 snaps).

It's not true. Because Shaq Lawson despite fewer snaps still had way more QB pressures than Jordan Jenkins.

Robert Saleh is going to unleash a monster and Shaq Lawson himself is going to to BEAST MODE @ DE alongside of Quinnen Williams being dominant while collapsing the pocket @ DT.

You'll see.

RochesterJet likes this.