Jets to try to trade Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Dennis, Feb 6, 2013.

1. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I agree that it's not the same, but it's just pure speculation that that's how it went down.

2. christian_cat

christian_cat Banned

I would love to see Tim Tebow get traded to the 49ers. He would be a great asset for that team.

3. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I think Tebow for Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis and Alex Smith should be about right.

4. christian_cat

christian_cat Banned

You like Tebow too?

5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Wrong. The reason people are making a big deal out of it is that they wrongly believe that he "opted out" of the WC, and they think that this is an "A Ha moment".

Also, note that he didn't voice a complaint about the wildcat in a vaccuum. It came about after he was passed over for the starting job even though he was the #2 QB.

Actually, word on the street was that he was going to be traded IIRC. As to what you were "led" to believe, so what ? It's not as if you have any credibility, or that anyone puts much stock in what YOU believe. Nor should they.

Yet again, you don't have a fucking clue as to the facts, but that doesn't stop you from twisting shit and speculating. Perhaps Rex treated him like he wasnt in the future plans because they Jets wanted to trade him ?

So no, it doesn't have to be more than him voicing his frustrations.

No, opinions do not seemed to be mixed as to whether he's a good/bad teammate. The opinions are very heavily one sided on that question. Lying yet again. How surprising.

6. Demosthenes9

Let's see. Tebow is on record as saying that is how it went down. Rex didn't comment on it specifically. Then, lastly, you have anonymous reports from team "sources" talking about a conversation that they weren't even present for.

After Tebow stated his position, there were no follow up reports from any of the anonymous sources contradicting Tebow's claim.

7. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Obviously none of us can prove anything and won't convince, but it's pretty laughable that you take that as evidence after Tebow lied before about not choosing the Jets over the Jags. Again, you state sources weren't present for a conversation, but you have no idea whether that's true.

8. Demosthenes9

I disagree with the notion that Tebow lied about the trade. What he said was that "Ultimately, they (Denver) had all the power."

They might have asked where he preferred to go, but that doesn't mean that he made the decision.

Simple example. Say that you and I were going to get together and grab a bite to eat. Your car is broken, so I come over and pick you up. When you get in the car, I ask "So, where do you want to eat?" You reply saying "Morton's Steakhouse". I nod my head and then drive there.

Did YOU decide where we were eating ? Or did I ? I asked for your input and I might have even taken it into consideration. But ultimately, I made the decision as I was the one driving.

With that out of the way, I'll get back to the previous point. You just admitted that none of us can prove anything wrt the conversation between Rex and Tebow. And in the other thread, you admitted that voicing frustration and stating the desire to play "regular QB" is not the same as saying that you won't run the WC, but in your first post on the subject you made a rather definitive claim as to what Tebow "did".

That is what I'm calling attention to and pointing out as being obnoxious. It's like when CC and others make some other unfounded claim wrt Tebow and try to pass it off as fact, when it's far from being so.

9. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

"I really didn’t have any (say)," Tebow said, when asked if he chose the Jets over the Jaguars. "The Broncos had all that power."

10. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Sounds like he just used the blurring of lines to his advantage. They gave him a theoretical choice but said they would do what they felt was best. Therefore he didn't actually have say in it. Players don't get to just pick where they go in those situations. He likely said he preferred the Jets over Jags and the deals were similar enough that the Broncos took it because they knew they were screwing him a little with Manning.

11. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

"I didn't really have any [input]," Tebow said in response to the first question on the call. "The Broncos had all that power. I was just waiting like everyone else." That claim was immediately disputed yesterday morning by Broncos VP John Elway, who told a Denver radio station Tebow was consulted throughout the day Wednesday after an initial deal with the Jets fell through in a money dispute and Tebow's hometown Jaguars rejoined the trade discussions. According to Elway's description, proof that Tebow had the final choice was the fact the Broncos ended up settling for less money and worse draft picks from the Jets than from new Jacksonville owner Shad Khan.

12. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Elway, in an interview Thurdsay on 102.3 ESPN radio in Denver, said Jacksonville’s offer was actually worth slightly more than the offer from the Jets. Jacksonville’s draft slot is 10 places higher than the Jets in each round.

“There was more from Jacksonville, but I think that we looked at it and it was close enough, and we were in contact with Tim throughout the day, and talked to him,” Elway said. “He knew what was going on the whole time. The reports that he was not involved are not accurate.”

13. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

He was always made #2 even when he didn't deserve it. In his rookie year, he got the #2 because of that stupid rule that said #3 quarterbacks couldn't be used or else you couldn't go back to your #1. Since Tebow still had a use as a running back for wildcat packages, he was named the #2. They went to him at the end of that year only because the season was in the tank, Quinn really reeked as an option, and there was no point in going back to Orton when they had a fresh #1 pick sitting there fresh out of boot camp. Really it was a matter of seaosn being over and seeing what the younger guys can do.

I believe he was listed as the #2 this year too so the Jets only had to dress 2 QBs. After much reading, I'm not sure Rex and Sporano really took Tebow seriously as a true backup or potential starter. Everything they have done with tebust since he became a jet seems to point to that idea. Since Tebow was also a special teamer and had uses as a running back, I can see why he was listed at #2.

If he really thought he was being taken seriously as the #2, then he was kidding himself. All the other stuff he can do is probably the only reason he still has a career even now. What? you really thought the rest of the league was thoroughly impressed with him winning games, often with with 10-13 points of offense on a solid defensive performance and running backs running out of bounds?

He was the wildcat guy, and wasn't really taken seriously as a regular QB. Getting passed over for McElroy is proof of that. When it finally dawned on him, he went and whined to Rex about it. Wanted to be a regular QB, and got treated as a third stringer ever since, since that is his skill level at the position.

This coming from the guy who still thinks Timmy Fail Hard was what carried the Broncos, and then is perplexed as to why the NFL doesn't seem to want him.

I see you went back to personal attacks. You just can't debate without it, can you?

Yawn... more personal attacks.

In case you haven't noticed, speculations is all ANY of us have. but I get that you think timmy can do no wrong.

...and my speculation does fall on his whining as part of it, cuz we saw more of Kerney afterward.

More personal shit....

Anyway, you must have missed the article of the Jets players calling him "terrible." Some Broncos did too. Ask Brandon Lloyd what he thinks. Ask those guys that voted him most overrated this year?

Yeah... sure.... EVERYONE loves playing with Tebow. *sarcasm*

#93 Concerned_Citizen, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  14. Concerned_Citizen

Give me a break. I know timmy is never wrong as far as you are concerned, but come on now.

We all understand that "ultimately" the Broncos had the last word. But the choice to go to New York (the team offering less of the two teams interrested) still fell on Tebow. He said he wanted New York, he went to New York.

That comment you posted was nothing more than an attempt by Tebow to deflect the criticism he was getting for choosing the bigger platform over his home town. He admitted he was interrested in New York for that very reason.

Jesus, man. Is there ANYTHING you won't try to spin when it comes to something that doesn't Tebow look like someone who should be nominated for sainthood? Sheesh, you can't even admit THAT one.

15. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Welp.....lol. :breakdance:

16. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...-broncos-complete-tim-tebow-trade-second-time

This is a perfect example how 'the media' manufactures stories out of thin air. That was one sentence in a flow. You can't take it out of context and fill random words. Let me try something more interesting:

- Ultimately, I really didn't have any [cocaine] because the Broncos had all that power.

- Ultimately, I really didn't have any [lap top dance] because the Broncos had all that power.

Better story?

If we really want to go into this word by word, he was referring to that he didn't have "that power". Ultimately the organization held his contract and had all that power to decide what to do with it, no matter what he wanted. It's an exaggeration to call this simple fact a lie.

#96 _Jet_, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  17. Concerned_Citizen

In the end, does the wording matter?

Fact: Tebow was given a choice and said he wanted New York.

Fact: He went to New York.

He tried to deflect the issue by saying he wasn't the one that had the power, but if John Elway says he had a choice, then doesnt' that mean Tebow had more power over which team he got to choose than he was willing to admit.

There ain't no getting around it. The Broncos UILTIMATELY gave him what he wanted.

...or do you think he'd still be traded to the Jets if he said he wanted Jacksonville. What is your opinion on THAT one? Sounds like Tebow had the power to control where he wanted to me...

18. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

You have a short memory span, don't you? I thought you agreed not to talk to me.

19. Concerned_Citizen

No, your memory was short. I never agreed to anything of the sort. You are the only one that said that.

Nice dodge on Tebow's fib, btw.

20. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Just let you know, with all the respect I don't talk to a filthy mouth. I don't read anything written by you including all your replies to me.