Jets to try to trade Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Dennis, Feb 6, 2013.

1. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Tim's athleticism is actually pretty average for the NFL. He is a much more impressive physical specimen than most QB's, but that doesn't matter anymore at the NFL level. NFL QB's compete more with their brains, timing and consistency than their biceps, traps and quads. He is not game changing fast like Kaep or RG3 and his speed is pretty average when compared to other tight ends, his hands look suspect (see his attempt at catching a Sanchez laser with his facemask. I know it wasn't Tim's fault. Rexy prolly made Sanchez put weird spin on it to make Timmy look bad.) He probably won't be any better as an H-back or TE than he was at QB.

2. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

I know Tebow can be used and all that, but he's a reminder of last year and offers more distraction and humiliation than he's worth.

3. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

But I would also try to deal him somewhere for absolutely anything just so the pats don't scoop him up and use him correctly..

4. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

...as what? A bench warmer?

5. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Tebow is as dangerous as Josh Cribbs. Remember, he got 75 or so touches this year, some of those came in the redzone, and he scored 0.00000 points. I know, I know, the Jets sabotaged Timmy by running read OPTIONS which gave Tim the OPTION to run the ball up the middle instead of taking advantage of his blinding speed to the outside. Still, I am not sure the Jets would suffer much if Tim gained several inspired yards agains them.

6. Concerned_Citizen

I'm sure the jets are TERRIFIED to lose his 39 yards passing and 102 yards rushing in 70 some odd plays to another team. Or not. Add all those yards together, he nets just under 2 yards per play.

Stat sheets don't lie, right? Right, Teboners?

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

We're still patiently waiting for Tebow's release, pretty soon Sanchez ( who will retire as the starting QB of the jets in 2021 ) and Tebow will be the only ones left from the 2012 roster .

8. Concerned_Citizen

Patiently? come on, you guys have gotta be sweating bullets right now as QB spots are getting filled and Tebow is looking at another year on the bench in NY.

You guys wanted him starting since day 1. There is no way in hell you guys are "patiently" waiting for ANYTHING regarding Tebow.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You missed the previous dozen times I said tebow will be out of the NFL. Which is strange because you are on here with a magnifying glass, 23 out of the 24 hours of the day.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Jets are doing what is best for the team, not Tebow. If they find a willing trade partner it makes the cap hit for Tebow almost nothing in 2013.

We don't give a shit if Tebow or his disciples are growing impatient. I doubt we find anyone willing to trade for such a useless player but it makes sense that they're trying to do so. I'm not surprised that you guys are whining about the Jets doing what's best for the team and trying to act like Tebow is some kind of victim.

11. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I didn't want him to start day 1 and another year with the Jets is fine by me.

The only time I was impatient for Tebow to start was when the Broncos were 1-4 and Tebow was the only QB with a contract that extended beyond 2011. Ditto with the latter third of this past year.

Otherwise, Id've preferred he went to Pittsburgh, where he most assuredly would not be the starter except over the duration of Roethlisberger's annual 2-3 game absence.

12. Concerned_Citizen

Nahh, mostly just during the day. How else am I supposed to keep frying those Tebowmaniac ants with that magnifying glass?

[​IMG]

13. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

The Jets are going to have an impossible time finding a trade partner for Timmy. As a QB, his skills are truly "intangible" in the sense that you can't see or touch them. As a punt protector, he is one of the few in the league that gave up a blocked punt, As a TE, his desire to catch passes with his facemask makes him a tough sell. He could be acquired as a sort of "closer" though. Once the opposing defense relaxes coverage at the end of a game, Tim can come in and be magical as long as his defense has held the other team to two score or less.

14. Concerned_Citizen

Timmy didn't LEAD the Broncos to the playoffs. He didn't do it any more than Brad Johnson led the Buccaneers to a SB win or Trent Dilfer led the Ravens in 2000. He was merely a part of a bigger vehicle that pulled together to bring themselves there. Did it with the help of a few freakish breaks, a VERY favorable schedule, and the ineptitude of the AFC West.

It was a fun run for the Broncos, but Teboners like to make a lot more of it than it actually was. Funny part is, if you look at Bronco message boards and were there when Tebow was in Denver, the same people that called you full of shit for suggesting any of that... were saying it about the Manning led Broncos. Favorable schedule, good defense, poor division, etc. Funny how none of that mattered to the same people a year before.

...Nevermind the Broncos are so far improved across the board with one real major switch. (and a few other minor ones.) Scored more than 30 points per game average, destroyed mediocre teams rather than rely on running backs going out of bounds, and finished 13-3. Got out of the first round of the playoffs be being better than the rest of the conference. Got beat on a hundred mistakes across the team throughout a game in the playoffs by the eventual champions in OT as opposed to getting beheaded by the Patriots the year before in a game they never really had a chance in.

Yeah, it baffles me why there are some in Denver who still preferred the Tim Tebow experiment.

15. Concerned_Citizen

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/03/tim_tebow_will_compete_for_qb.html

Tim Tebow will compete for QB spot in competition 'somebody's gotta take,' Rex Ryan says

TRANSLATION:

Tebow is fucked.

1. Jets just brought in Garrard to compete with Sanchez and Tebow.

2. Brought in a coach that stands a good chance of switching to the West Coast offense, which is filled with short passes, reading defenses, and picking them apart with the pass.

3. Gonna compete in camp with practices that limit Tebow's biggest strengthhs, which is battling through sacks and playing FB. He'll be red-shirted and any lineman that gets to him will automatically be whistled as a sack when he doesn't get rid of the damn ball. (Usually fights through it.)

4. He coudln't even beat out Kyle Orton in that scenario. Probably won't beat out Sanchez, and beating out Garrard seems unlikely too as he can actually pass. (Why would that be important?)

It all basically amounts to ANOTHER year on the bench for Tebow. Maybe getting a few token plays here and there to pander to the Teboner crowd, but no real committment to making him the starter.

16. catsigater

catsigater New Member

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Why the hell haven't they cut him yet? Is my question.

They ganked a bunch of players to clear space, whether it was small or large... Here you have a guy who doesn't belong on your roster, is a distraction, and brings about ugly vibes of a failed previous administration, would clear some cap space as well and you don't cut him?

That would've been literally my very first move as new GM - gank Tebow... sends the message that you don't care about headlines, and are moving on completely from last year's ugliness.

Fuck trying to trade him. You really think anyone is going to trade for him?? Just cut him and move on- what the hell is the plan here.

18. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Yeah Rex Ryan's opinion on offense
    [​IMG]

MM's sign outside his door for Rex
    [​IMG]

19. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

The Jets could be waiting to see if Orlando's arena league team is willing to offer any prospects.

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You my friend are as relentless as a honey badger hunting down a cobra, I'm almost starting to feel bad for the Tebots when I read your posts.