Jets to try to trade Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Dennis, Feb 6, 2013.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Given the Jets cap situation and Tebow's relatively low value I would be absolutely shocked if he's a Jet this year.

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Its hard to understand why he is being kept and now marty ball just said a bunch of positive stuff....I pride myself in being a serious football fan for 35+ years and I can not for the life of me predict any move the jets make in regards to Tebow. There seems to be this weird organizational disconnect.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I supported starting Tebow from before the opening game last year, and I don't see any way he stays with the Jets. There is the cap hit, and then there is the fact that his skill set does not fit the West Coast Offense.

I think the Jets will cut him, and he will end up being a backup for one of the read option QB's somewhere.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Obviously the Jets are holding onto hope they can get some trade value for him. Marty ball is referring to schotty senior, not morningwood.

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

The Jets will probably not get a bag of chips and a soda for Tebow. If they wanted to do that they should have hyped him up even if they didn't believe it. They basically said, "he sucks and we don't want him", so the bargaining power is almost 0.00%. I think he gets released and nobody picks him up in the off season. Maybe a team gets desperate and picks him up during the season after an injury. I hope that's not the case, but there is very little chatter on Tebow trades or acquisition, and all the possible sorry teams that need QBs are going after guys like Cassel, Kolb, Flynn, Quinn etc... All of those guys will have jobs before Tebow even gets considered.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I highly doubt we get anything for Tebow but can't you see they're trying to do exactly what you say it is they should do?

7. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

For once, we agree.

The Jets are probably thinking they can still get something for Tebow though. He's a cheap marketing gimmick, and there are likely owners out there that would love to have his name and face to plaster on their merchandise. I get the feeling that more owners are interrested in him than the actual football people they employ. Having an extremely popular player on their roster does wonders for their bottom line whether or not he sucks. However, most of them will listen to the experts they hired to help them run the franchise.

Looking like he has a better career ahead of him as a marketing gimmick than as a starter. Those paid to make the decisions on who plays don't seem high on Tebow. Wonder why? He's pretty good, right?

8. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yeah, somewhat agree but it's kind of late. I don't think anybody is buying this latest charade.

9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Just end this already, idzik

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I know man, its a joke and play on shottenheimer's nickname since they share the first name ....

11. Concerned_Citizen

Hey, looks like Buffalo cut their starting QB.

Maybe that means they are interrested in Tim Tebow. Cuz they HAD to be thoroughly impressed by Tebow's performance against them a couple seasons ago. :lol:

12. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This time like a Trillion

13. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Lol, you LOVE being a giant douchebag. I think it's ridiculous and hilarious at the same time.

14. Concerned_Citizen

So you think the Bills were impressed with Tebow's pick six? Or his fumble for six?

Yep. I'm sure they are getting ready to call the Jets as we speak...

15. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I kind of feel bad for Tebow in this whole mess, but only to a point. I refuse to believe that the man upstairs came to him in the dead of night and specifically told him he must be a quarterback.

If he converted to tight end/ fullback the guy could be an all-pro. But noooo....

True believers...

16. Slap

Slap New Member

He would not be an All-Pro as a fullback or a tight end. He would be marginal at best (sound familiar?) and most likely injured before he even saw the field.

Apparently this forum will endure as long as Tebow is a Jet and perhaps beyond. It's utterly mind boggling to me that this ship of the damned is still sailing.

17. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I think we are all just hoping some other team has to deal with him and figure how to use him

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Welcome back slap. Nice to see you are recovered from Peyton's patented one and done flame out .

19. Concerned_Citizen

Nothing compared to Tebow's three (years) and out career. :lol:

Then again, he might get another year on the bench before getting punted.

20. Concerned_Citizen

I've seen him throw a mean block from time to time when lined up as a WR, so it is possible.

But I wonder what will happen to Tebowmania itself if he switches positions. Seems his cult followers are divided on that issue as at least half of them are just as stubborn as Tebow is with this stupid notion that he's an NFL QB.