jets to trade up to #2???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CmartinHOF, Mar 14, 2006.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Matt Leinart in NY is too good to not happen. I honestly think this will get donw.

2. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Wait till Vince Young and Matt Leinart workout at their pro-days, before trading our pick. If Young runs a sick 40 and he's throwing like an nfl qb (which I think he will), then stay put and take Young.

I do like the prospect of having either of the 2 quarterbacks though.

3. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Amen x2

Trade down! :up:

4. PennyandtheJets

Can I quote you saying we are going to draft Deangelo Williams? Because it will not happen...

5. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

YES!

(filler)

6. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I think it's too good to be true. The guy has the intangabiles to excel in this league, he's a true pocket-passer and I would love to build a franchise around him...

Vince Young's throwing style makes me look like Joe Montana.

7. RobA

I think your sig has pissed me off enough. But if you really want the 2006 most annoying poster award, be my guest, here ya go:

The best move the jets could make in the draft is trade down to around the 7-9 area and take DeAngelo Williams.

8. PennyandtheJets

Haha...well that doesn't help because you didn't say we would draft him...I am only teasing you man don't take it so hard.

M-A-T-T MATT MATT MATT!

9. RobA

So I guess your love for jay cutler has completely gone after one rumor of us trading up?

10. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Trade down within the top 10 and then take BPA. Look at the top ten prospects:

Bush
    Leinart
    Young
    Cutler
    Brick
    Hawk
    Super Mario
    Deangelo
    Vernon Davis
    Lendale White

Would you be upset drafting any one of those guys at #9 or 10?

11. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Yes. Vernon Davis. This team does not need to spend a #9 or 10 overall pick on a tight-end, the Jets have too many holes on offense. He's a great talent, as is AJ Hawk and Mario Williams, but the Jets do not have that luxury of selecting them due to their OL,QB and RB problems.

12. dwalsh

i wouldnt want lendale white

13. Imagesrdecieving

If you trade down and pick an extra pick and then on top of that get ANY one of those guys on the list you are well on your way to rebuilding. Vernon Davis is an animal. Don't be jaded because we drafted brady/becht. Vernon is nothing like those bums. He will open up our O big time. Besides looking at who we have right now(Jolley/Dreeson) I can make an arguement that TE is a bigger need than most(especially considering that our O coord. made big use of the TE in SD.

14. dwalsh

here, here!

15. PennyandtheJets

Not true at all. I still like Jay Cutler alot. IMHO Matt is one of the best QB's to come out of college in awhile now. He had one of the best careers a college QB has EVER had.

Alot of people LOVE to criticize his arm strength, but if you watch this video...and you see him flicking the ball around under pressure, deep, with TREMENDOUS accuracy...you will fall in love with him...

There is one particular play in the video where he gets smashed in the mouth, but he flips a nice bomb and it's completed for a touchdown in stride...

http://www.trojanfb.com/usc_gladiator_wmv.php

Having said that, I still like Jay Cutler because I think he carries alot of solid intangibles along with tremendous physical ability. Tough as nails, strong arm, scrambles around, leads his team, and always plays hard.

If I had my choice I would pick Matt Leinart over Jay Cutler every time even if it meant I had to give up picks to get Matt.

#55 PennyandtheJets, Mar 14, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  16. PennyandtheJets

I still can't believe people actually want the Jets to draft a TE first! People! We are rebuilding! We are creating a new culture in Jetland...TE's are not the player teams pick to build around...IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

17. Imagesrdecieving

If you had a chance to build around Gates/Gonzalez or a 2nd tier QB which would you pick?

Some of us are not sold on Cutler being a top tier QB(I think he'll be average - maybe decent if he has some weapons - P.S. we have ZERO weapons). Trading up in a deep draft is for suckers so Leinart is out. Trade down, get an extra pick and if Vernon is the best guy available go for him.

Let us not make the mistake of reaching for a workout warrior please.

18. PennyandtheJets

IMO the Saints and the Jets are going to swap picks...The Jets will end up with Leinart.

Trading up isn't for suckers...the Giants went 5-11 the year they traded up for Eli, but then this past year they went to the playoffs...

I think if we make a move NOW at a QB, we can be back in the party by 2007.

19. PennyandtheJets

How do you know Cutler is a second tier QB? How do you KNOW? You said it as if it were fact.

20. Imagesrdecieving

WOW. Did you even get past the first line? Why don't you go back and read that part that I put in parenthesis. Maybe it will shed some light on what I think and what is said as fact.

BTW - the Giants were a little ahead of where we are currently talent wise. They could afford to give up two #1's plus more. I don't see ourselves in that position.