Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Exactly. And from that list they will get their PSL owners for those upper deck seats at some point down the road. At least that is my guess what the plan is. Right now they only have 10,000 names on it. A lot of those may end up buying PSLs now. The list may be too short after that to be sure all the upper level seats would be sold if they put PSLs on them now. That won't be the case in a few years.

The Giants didn't have that worry because they have over 100,000 names on their list.

2. Dan

Dan Member

Yeah, I guess the game will be they are free now but the next time they change hands you will have to pay a PSL.

3. devils744

devils744 New Member

if you want a psl at least they are giving you 5 years to pay it off which isn't horrible.

4. qcjetsfan

qcjetsfan New Member

How do you know that payments for a psl are spread out over five years? All it says is that if you finance, "you will make a 20% down payment [by when?] and pay the balance in five equal installments (with interest at a rate to be determined)." If you have to fork up the 20% by Oct 1 08then the second payments could conceivably be due on Dec 31 08 etc. etc. How do you or anyone else know when any of the payments will be due? I haven't seen it spelled out anywhere that wasn't speculation.

5. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Again though, there is precedence for that. It would look like a cash grab. Hell, it would BE a cash grab. They would just raise ticket prices like I said.

6. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

This sounds much more likely. Charging you once the seat is already yours might not even be legal.

7. qcjetsfan

qcjetsfan New Member

Caveat emptor!. Buyer beware!
    Under FAQ the last question posed is "ARE THE JETS NEW STADIUM POLICIES SUBJECT TO CHANGE?"
    The ominous answer is: "ALL POLICIES THAT RELATE TO THE NEW JETS STADIUM ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE." What do you suppose could conceivably happen with a stipulation of that sort? I would presume just about anything. What do you think?

8. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

A giants season ticket holder upstairs pays 1k and keeps his seats approximatly where they were in the old stadium.

a jets season ticketholder waits till he finds out if enought people who've had tickets longer then he has decided to move upstairs.

If those with senority do choose to move upstairs he gets locked out of the stadium.

If it was me, i'd rather pay the 1000 bucks and keep the ability to transfer the tickets and not get bumbed by somebody moving up from the lower level.

9. Don

They will do that too. They always do. This will just be an extra added bonus.

10. Don

It's legal because the seat is not yours. It's yours for one year only.

11. Don

I presume that is exactly right.

12. Don

Ahh yes, and that is what makes this Jets plan brilliant. The problem is all the dumb saps haven't seen through it yet.

13. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

also, the Giants prices in the Mez are cheaper, and the Mez endzones are reasonably affordable (5k over 4 years) so more people in the Mez can stay where they are.

The Jets plan is going to force a mass exodus to the upperdeck, meaning people in the stadium now will be pushed out unless they want to pony up for more expensive Mez or endzone seats.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

my seats are toast- section 111 rows 23&24, 4 seats, @$25k per. Thanks for sticking it up this "true" fans ass. Season ticket holder since 1980. Thought i'd pass them down to my kids. Sad.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

1977. Right. I said 1979. But this what I mean. According to what they told me, there isn't any WAY to even lump pre-1977. It's been a tough few days. But, my comments remain the same in this regard. Did they actually clarify/admit this out loud? For sure? And they're determining this how? Based on what's in my lockbox? Why didn't it SAY so in my email?

My head is feeling better, but maybe not by much. I don't look stuff up even on pain of death. I should at least make the effort, I reckon. Haha, I looked at the seating chart, and that was about it. I sit smack on the 50. 25K. Fffffffff.

#175 jetophile, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  16. Don

Buy them with the 5 year payment plan and then turn around and sell them to some fu**ing corp for 4 times that. They'll pay it.

17. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The Giants plan is going to force a mass exodus to the upperdeck, meaning people in the stadium now will be pushed out unless they want to pony up for more expensive Mez or endzone seats.

Just because the Giants are charging a PSL in the upper deck doesn't mean anyone up there currently will get a seat in the new stadium.

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Right before the auction phase and the PSL phase, there will be upwards of 50,000 names on the waiting list for people that want to participate in the auction or try to buy PSL seats.

19. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

more people will be able to afford their current seats. especially with no lure of "free" seats upstairs.

The giants will have less movement then the jets, who are going to see 50000 people trying to cram into 26000 seats

20. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

You're presupposing that all the people on the waiting list wanted to sit in the nosebleeds. If someone's hard up enough to sit on a waiting list, who's to say the desire to get into the stadium at any price isn't there.

Plus, how many people from LI who are season ticket holders will use any PSL imposition as a reason to give up their seats, thus reducing demand to relocate upstairs among the current holder base. And if I would be forced to move downstairs and pay more to remain a season ticket holder, my alternative isn't bad either: give up my seats and pick game tickets off StubHub for face value or maybe even less for virtually any game I want to go to during the season.

I also don't think the guarantee of paying $1k to sit in the nosebleeds is necessarily more appetizing than sitting up there for free should demand not really materialize.

#180 Mickey Shuler 82, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008