Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Did I read this correctly, from what it seems it will be a blank slate when the new stadium is built, meaning if you're in Section XYZ right now, there is basically a very slim chance you will be in Section XYZ in 2010.

The seats will be offered by seniority. I'm assuming they'd have to do this on a group basis, so ticket holders from 1960s one month can choose, 1970s the next month and so on until the uppers are full.

This could be interesting to see how this pans out. We could end up with a seriously top-heavy stadium. Plus if you got to know the season ticket holders around you in your section, say your goodbyes next year.

2. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

wow, reduced PSLs, Signing big free agents, having a pass rush.. Where are teh real jets, what team is this?

3. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I am pretty happy. But my question is this: My account was my grandfather's account from the NYJ's very first season. Once he passed away, it transferred to my uncle, and when he passed away, it went to me. Do I count as a season ticket holder from the 60's? Or does it default to when it last transferred?

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Just remember, they did not announce the price per ticket for upper deckers. I say $125-$150

5. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I just read this from the jets stadium site:
    Priority for the seat selection process will be based on account seniority and seat location. The Jets Season Ticket Holder records that have been kept in the ordinary course of business go back to 1977. Seniority of tickets that have been transferred to anyone other than immediate family members will be based on the year of the transfer. Within each year, priority will be determined by seat location. All accounts pre-1978 will be considered the same year and priority based on seat location.

My question is does it count as "immediate family" if it goes from my uncle to me?

6. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Yes they did.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

$105 per ticket and no PSL. Incredible!!!! Now its about seniority and seat location

8. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

funny how they can charge you 105 a ticket in the upper deck and get people to think that's a great deal.............savvy business move there Woody.......and he can thank the Giants for that too.

it's still a ripoff, just less of one

9. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

I am beside myself with joy over this. I'm told my seats (handed down from my father) date to 1978. I will be able to forego the PSL (I'm in 222 now and was never a huge fan of the location or of the mezz level in general) and actually get PREFERABLE seats in a low row close to midfield upstairs. Couldn't have broke better for me.

10. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Where is 227? Can't wait to hear his thoughts on this.

11. kall2

kall2 Banned

No psl on upper tier

No psl on upper tier. We have to bid on lower tier.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Thread already started.

13. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Most Jet fans dodged a big bullet. i'm happy for ya. Though I'm against the concept of charging for PSLs, this was a fairly reasonable plan for how to do it.

14. Namath12

Namath12 New Member

OK, here is my self-centered question. This will be my third year as a season ticket holder in the upper deck. I am fine with my seats and have no desire to move down if it means paying a PSL. How certain is it that I will be able to keep seats in the upper deck? I guess the only concern I have is if a lot of season ticket holders that have me beat on longevity decide to move to the upper deck. Do folks think all upper deckers will be able to keep seats?

Thanks.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Seniority only goes back to 1979, no matter how long you've had your tickets prior to that. I pitched a fit during the WSS thing, because that's what the Jets FO told me. I have the paper to prove it. And, we've had tickets since the early 60's. I'm in the Lower Tier, row great. I'm sure this isn't going to bode well for me, but I already knew that.

#55 jetophile, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Based on this statement on the Jet website, upper deckers will not be assigned seats until everyone else goes first. So hypothetically, if everyone below goes upstairs, then there will be nothing left for the upper deckers. Please tell me I read this wrong.

http://www.newjetsstadium.com/seating.php

Following the auction, the remaining seats will be sold through a staged sales process over the next year. The first stage will be Club Member PSL seats, followed by PSL Owner seats and No-PSL seats. Those with the highest priority will select first in each stage. Depending on availability, season ticket holders will be able to upgrade to a Club Member PSL seat or purchase a No-PSL seat in the best available location.

General Timetable
    Fall 2008 - Coaches Club Member Auction
    Winter 2008-2009 - Sale of East, West, and Great Hall Club Member PSLs
    Spring 2009 - Sale of remaining PSL Owner and No-PSL seats

17. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

should still be no PSL's at all, but again the Giants forged the way and helped make Woody & the Jets look good.....with what is seemingly a bit more fair plan. The folks in the uppers who are realtively new ticket holders (like myself) are the one's that will get screwed.......but i can deal with being bumped by long time ticket holders, that's only fair

18. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

gonna be a crap shoot.....folks like us will only get to choose what's left after all with seniority have gotten thier choice

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Great Hall Club puts me comparable. 25K per seat? WTF. I'm totally screwed.

20. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

im wondering.. this is my first year of season tickets.. and going into 2010, i will have had them for 2 years.. i wonder if i will be included in that 27k