Jets to re-sign Brodney Pool

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Aug 3, 2011.

1. 624

624 Banned

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas
    Rex says Pool turned down "substantial contract offer" from another tm(Dallas) to return to NYJ. Smith will start, Rex said, but Pool will play #nyj

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

sheesh.......nm

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Pretty surprised Smith will start over Pool.. especially since Smith is such a major player on Special Teams.

It probably has something to do with them promising Smith the starting job during contract negotiations plus having a long-term investment in him.

4. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

1. Tanny is the man. 2. Great to hear Pool will be back. 3. We are loaded with safeties right now. Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out. Big Jimmy. Smith. Pool. Lowery. Hopefully Diggs. Cook.... dont see how we can keep them all and i hope diggs isnt the odd man out here... Each of these guys have a perfect role. Jim, needless to say is the playcaller/every down leader. Smith is a strong hitter/great run supporter. Pool is great for coverage/tall matchups. Ya gotta love Diggs for the energy he brings and the plays he makes on ST. Also hes great to throw in there and say go get the QB. Lowery, I'm not too fond of, although he's made a couple timely plays for us. Dont know much about Cook but sounds like he has potential.

All in all we have some great situational players at safety. Rex must love having so many options. Hopefully all goes well.

5. hazmat

hazmat New Member

This post is spot on. Digs and E Smith are great special teams players who can bring unique roles on defense.

Brodney is your basic deep free safety, good size, range, can tackle and knows the system.

i was worried we would lose Pool and Smith. Both of these guys are key parts of the current defense.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly. Amazing what really savvy leadership can do to a team. I feel strongly the biggest assets we have are a super smart GM and a great, knowledgeable and motivating coach. We will be a winning franchise for years to come. We are at times so worried about getting the final missing piece, we loose track of the fact that it could be someone in our own back yard ready to step it up and shine.

7. Coach K

Coach K New Member

appreciate it

8. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Very happy Brodney is back!

9. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

49ers put Taylor Mays on the trading block.. kinda makes me wish we had waited to sign Poole... Taylor Mays is a really good safety but i guess he has some attitude problems.. I bet Rex could straighten him right out...

10. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Pool Shonn Leonhard.

11. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Brodney Pool

Glad Brodney is back but I can't understand why we brought back Eric Smith. Brodney is better and cheaper.We didnt exactly give Eric chump change either. If I were a guy like Shaun Ellis,I'd be pissed Eric got that contract and I'm being offered the minimum.

The best move made for the defense however was NOT getting Drew Coleman back!!! He was the achilles heel of our team.Good riddance!

12. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Oh, Here we fucking go with the Taylor Mays shit again

13. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I never heard this being talked about.. Shut your mouth. I know we arent going after him but he's probably better than any safety that we have...

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

da heck are you talkin about?

15. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I think he meant at not actually being a safety. Because Mays is over hyped trash.

16. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Mays is a terrible safety which is why he is being shopped. You don't trade your #2 pick after 1 season if he is good.

17. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

I think Eric Smith got the contract because we would be fucked without him on special teams. And I'm sure affirmative action played large part.